Hahn Tweet: Mutual Interest Between Knicks + Shawne Williams To Strike A Deal

Do you want Shawne Williams back on board?

• Yes, but only one year so we can 'get' CP3

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes, and he deserves more than 1 year.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only if it's cheap - Not concerned if he doesn't sign.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
shawnewilliams.png

It's only a tweet, but I'd be happy to have former drug enthusiast, Shawne Williams, back in O&B.

This an excellently put together mix of his first [and only] season here.

Paul1355

All Star
I know everyone is worried that signing anybody for more than one yhear is going to hurt the hunt for Chris Paul, but we need decent rotation players. Shawne Williams wants to be a knick, he has a video explaining it a while back. He would sign less to be with the Knicks so I know he will be in a Knick uni unless Grunwald completely messes up this negotiation.

The question is should we get Williams for one year or a few more years?

We need rotation players and outside shooters, Williams' ability to play tough defense on the perimeter and in the paint is so important.

If we can sign him to a 3 year deal with him making 1-2 million a year, I would be a happy knick fan. Balkman makes that money so if we really need to save money, we can amnesty Balkman.

KingCharles34

All Star
Lets bring him back!!!! Hes a solid role player that can still improve, we need someone that can stretch the floor by hittin 3's. Hes also a pesky defender, i just dont wanna see him playing center at all this year. Get Kurt Thomas too

MusketeerX

Rotation player
So long as they chain him to the corner behind the three-point line, I don't mind... :).

He should only be signed if it were going to be a one year deal. He's not worth jeopardizing a shot at CP3 or Dwight Howard.

I think that shot is slim, but he's not worth even the slim chance.