If Evolution is a fact..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

That's a very old quote. At the time science was incapable of revealing the mysticism behind the evolution of the human eye.

It took over a hundred years after Darwin died before it was studied and documented that the human eye was comparatively a whole different type of evolution with other animals/mammals.

Something to do with light sensors in the brain, as far as I remember.

2 different types of light sensors in animal (human) brains and human eyes evolved from the other sensor to that of animals.

Evolution in animal's eyes began from Sensor A, for example.

In humans (great apes), apes, lesser apes and very few species of monkey, it was Sensor B.

That's about as good as I can give you, you'd have to look it up.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
When observing the complexity of the human eye in February of 1860, Darwin said this: "About the weak points I agree. The eye to this day gives me a cold shudder"

When observing the amazing pea**** and it's beautiful feathers, Darwin said:"I remember well the time when the thought of the eye made me cold all over, but I have got over this stage of the complaint, and now small trifling particulars of structure often make me feel uncomfortable. The sight of a feather in a pea****'s tail, whenever I gaze at it, makes me sick!"

Order came from chaos?

I think the argument of order in the universe is one of the main arguements one can have against evolution and the claim that an explosion, which came from nothing, created order from the orbiting of planets to the smallest organisms.

People ran with Darwin's theory yet Darwin himself doubted it and he had good reason to.

More quote mining. I've done this over and over with you and Knicks4lyfe. I show you the entire quote, not just the piece you take out of context, presumably from some creaionist website.

Doesn't it bother you these creationist websites have to lie? Yet you still go to them?

Full quote:

About the weak points I agree. The eye to this day gives me a cold shudder, but when I think of the fine known gradations, my reason tells me I ought to conquer the cold shudder.

For the life of me I cannot see any difficulty in natural selection producing the most exquisite structure, if such structure can be arrived at by gradation, and I know from experience how hard it is to name any structure towards which at least some gradations are not known.

Darwin did not doubt evolution. Stop lying.

The argument of the eye from creationists is one of irreducible complexity and has been completely rejected by both logic and science and is why Intelligent Design is classified as a pseudoscience.

Pseudoscience: a claim, belief, or practice which is presented as scientific, but does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, cannot be reliably tested, or otherwise lacks scientific status.[1] Pseudoscience is often characterized by the use of vague, exaggerated or unprovable claims, an over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation, a lack of openness to evaluation by other experts, and a general absence of systematic processes to rationally develop theories.

If you REALLY want to know about the evolution of the eye, I suggest you research the facts and not read lies from creationist websites.

Here is a start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

But I know you won't. You will keep spewing lies and never learn the facts because you don't want to know. You would rather believe your lies than make the effort to research anything yourself. Doesn't the bible tell you not to lie?

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
2wm3x36.gif

pat

Starter
Religion and Science fulfil to completely different purposes and for the sake of both we should keep them separate, especially since within this absurd argument Science for some begin to take over the function religion used to have.

You do not even need to move away too much from the Bible to see the formation of the different spheres: The whole idea that there was the word can also be seen as "there was information", or rather in-formation. This brings us directly into quantum physics (Heisenberg indeterminacy principle). On this level there is only pure chance. No patterns can be observed whatsoever, thus arbitrary information stored on a sub-atomic level generates variation. If pure chance starts on such a basic level, why do we need to suspect design in something infinitly less complex like the pea****'s tail feathers?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Crazy⑧s;237989 said:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/11/111125-neanderthals-sex-humans-dna-science-extinct/

Very interesting stuff. I've been reading and watching about Neanderthals a lot lately.

Just two years ago, another possible species of human that co-existed and possibly interbred with modern human species was discovered in a cave in Siberia. As of now, nothing is conclusive as only a single finger bone has been analyzed. DNA analysis of this bone show it to be not modern human (Homo sapiens) and not Neanderthal (Homo neanderthalensis). It has been preliminarily named Denisova hominin or Woman X. No genus or species has been assigned as more data is needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denisova_hominin

Another species of human that existed during the same time as modern humans is Homo floresiensis, also called "hobbit" as a full grown adult was only 1 meter tall. Homo floresiensis is still under review and is currently a subject of debate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

Interesting stuff. The Homo genus all together is an interesting subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just two years ago, another possible species of human that co-existed and possibly interbred with modern human species was discovered in a cave in Siberia. As of now, nothing is conclusive as only a single finger bone has been analyzed. DNA analysis of this bone show it to be not modern human (Homo sapiens) and not Neanderthal (Homo neanderthalensis). It has been preliminarily named Denisova hominin or Woman X. No genus or species has been assigned as more data is needed.

Nice! Thanks for that, LJ. Incredibly interesting stuff. The Denisovan mtDNA is almost double in base difference to modern humans than that of Neanderthals - Neanderthalensis @202, and Denisovan @385. An entirely separate strain of hominid with an estimated 1 million year prior shared common ancestor with Homo sapiens and Neanderthals. Hopefully these findings lead to others, and a better still understanding of human history and its forebears.

hominids.jpeg

Such diversity stemmed from multi-migration out of Africa, yet only one hominid remains, and has managed to populate the entire planet, even as far as my home island, Tasmania. Indigenous Australians, Aboriginals, have a direct DNA link to Denisovan ancestry, and to think of the sheer distance between the 2 locations is mind boggling.

I find it absolutely captivating.

wian

Benchwarmer
I will have a crack from the Creationist viewpoint yet again: Just my opinion of course:

So what stages of the "Religion of Evolutionism" do we have concrete Proof For yet Guys?

The Big Bang ? Where all the matter in the universe was crammed into a space smaller than a dot on a page and exploded to create the complex universe we have today over billions of years........... Sorry - No Evidence Yet.... Still just a theory at this stage....

Stellar Evolution ? ( How the Stars Evolved) No Evidence yet...

Chemical Evolution ? How Hydrogen and Helium happened to produce all the other complex elements - Pretty hard to happen when you cant fuse past iron..... Sorry - No Evidence

Cosmic Evolution ? No Evidence

Organic Evolution - (Creating life out of non living material ) - Certainly Not !!! After all, Evolutionists must have incredible faith to believe we Evolved from a Rock ! And that's what you believe when it all boils down to it....

Macro Evolution? ( The missing Link Where one species completely evolves into another species) No Evidence - All Hoaxes to date....No transitional forms discovered...... Still a fairytale.

Incidently, how did the Laws that Govern the Universe Evolve such as Gravity? I am waiting with baited breath on the answer to that one guys?

Micro Evolution? At last YES WE HAVE EVIDENCE!!! Something I Call "Bait and Switch by the Evolutionists........."

Whereby they Trick vulnerable students into thinking that Micro Evolution is concrete proof that all the other stages of Evolution are true. Sadly, all Micro Evolution is at the end of the day is a variation within a specific kind of animal or species to which God said would occur all along. So even though the term Micro Evolution isn't what i would call a good term, all it actually points out is a micro changes occur within all species, to which creationists believe also, but there is limits.... I mean, can a banana turn into a Dog? I think not in a billion years i am afraid....

But the Evolutionist somehow convinces students that because Micro Evolution Occurs , it is proof that all the other stages of Evolutionism is in fact true but sadly for them it is still a fairytale and there is no evidence... They seem to think that because Micro Evolution is true, we can somehow bundle that one up with all the other 6 stages of Evolution as proof that they occurred also.....

I suggest people read a book called the "Evolution Cruncher" written by Vance Ferrell. Its over 900 pages long and it extensively covers a broad range of issues in the Creation v Evolution Argument. Including The history of the Evolution Theory, Big Bang and Stellar Evolution, The Origin of the Earth, The age of the Earth, Inaccurate Dating Methods, Why raw materials on Earth cannot produce life, DNA and Protein, Natural Selection , Mutations, Fossils, Effects from The Flood, Vestigal Organs Etc

On another note:

How can Evolution do this:

The mallee bird lives in the Australian desert. In May or June,
with his claws the male makes a pit in the sand that is just the right size:
about 3 feet [9 dm] deep and 6 feet [18 dm] long. Then he fills it with
vegetation. As it rots, it heats up. The bird waits patiently until the
rains, which increase the heat to over 100o F. [38o C.] at the bottom of
the pile. The bird waits until it is down to 92o F. [33o C.]. When the
right temperature is reached, he calls for his wife; they mate; she lays
one egg a day for 30 days; and then leaves. The male then covers the
eggs with sand, and continually checks the temperature with his amazing
thermometer bill for 7 weeks. He cannot let the temperature go up
or down even one degree. If it cools at night, he piles on more sand. If
it overheats in the day, he pulls off sand. At hatching time, the chicks
break their shells—and crawl up through as much as 2 feet of sand!
Arriving at the top, each one is fully able to fly and is on its own.
Neither father or mother mallee bird gives it any further attention or
training. When it grows up, it does just as its parents did.

Cheers

Last edited:

CoolClyde

this is a pretty awesome thread, just another example of how cool and thoughtful KO posters and the entire Knicks Online forum is and can be.

power to the Homo genus. no homo.