We Got Trouble

Sage

Rotation player
There's every chance our division rivals are trying to bait NY into making a trade and giving up pieces, a little bit like the Nets did last year.

If we don't get him through FA, we don't get him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There's every chance our division rivals are trying to bait NY into making a trade and giving up pieces, a little bit like the Nets did last year.

If we don't get him through FA, we don't get him.

That's right! Thank Melo for that one.

This is the first of multiple trade offers/scenarios that eclipses anything everything the Knicks could possibly offer for Paul.

Isn't it obvious?

Wargames

Starter
The scariest thing about this is this could be a move to put the Celtics in play for Dwight since they will have the cap room with Ray and KG coming off the books this year. Paul, Pierce, Dwight would be a tough group to beat.

if it happens the plan shouldn't change in regards to cap space. The only difference is the Knicks will probably use the MLE this year on a player since they wont have to hold it seeking a max next year. Also I doubt the knicks ever use the amnesty on Balkman and simply hold onto him until he is traded or they can just let him go. Since they will want that if Amare or Melo ever become injured

Anyhow Instead of using the room from Billups contract for space on Cp3 we use it on a players like Hibberts, Kevin Love, or Mcgee (and possibly De'andre Jordan if he doesn't sign). That along with the MLE from next will be a good team to bang with the heat, bulls, and celtics.

KingCharles34

All Star
The scariest thing about this is this could be a move to put the Celtics in play for Dwight since they will have the cap room with Ray and KG coming off the books this year. Paul, Pierce, Dwight would be a tough group to beat.

if it happens the plan shouldn't change in regards to cap space. The only difference is the Knicks will probably use the MLE this year on a player since they wont have to hold it seeking a max next year. Also I doubt the knicks ever use the amnesty on Balkman and simply hold onto him until he is traded or they can just let him go. Since they will want that if Amare or Melo ever become injured

Anyhow Instead of using the room from Billups contract for space on Cp3 we use it on a players like Hibberts, Kevin Love, or Mcgee (and possibly De'andre Jordan if he doesn't sign). That along with the MLE from next will be a good team to bang with the heat, bulls, and celtics.

Pierce is still nice but that would be one of the GOAT trio's ever still at this point. Id take that over Lebron, Wade and Bosh. But CP3, Melo, and Amare would be even better at this point. Theres a good chance Pierce could be slower this year, he did just turn 34 in October.

Pierce is still nice but that would be one of the GOAT trio's ever still at this point. Id take that over Lebron, Wade and Bosh. But CP3, Melo, and Amare would be even better at this point. Theres a good chance Pierce could be slower this year, he did just turn 34 in October.

come on man

every one has to know garnett was falling to pieces last year

rondo was injured all year long with his elbow

pierce cant produce like he did

they have no center

their bench is god awful

jeff green is a never was

and glen davis is a fraud.

why would chris paul lock himself up with an aging franchise when he can have the world in his palm in NY.

this isnt lebron playing with his buddies

all of pauls buddies are on the knicks.

NO CHANCE>

KingCharles34

All Star
come on man

every one has to know garnett was falling to pieces last year

rondo was injured all year long with his elbow

pierce cant produce like he did

they have no center

their bench is god awful

jeff green is a never was

and glen davis is a fraud.

why would chris paul lock himself up with an aging franchise when he can have the world in his palm in NY.

this isnt lebron playing with his buddies

all of pauls buddies are on the knicks.

NO CHANCE>
Well i never said that trio would last more then a year, and in the post i quoted i bolded Pierce, Dwight, and CP3. Garnett wasnt quite washed up yet last year either but he will probably be this year. 14 and 9 last year is still contributing, plus his defense. And as much as i hate it there were times where Pierce took Melo to school. Hes also taken Lebron to school, he wasnt a problem at all last year for the Celtics but he might have slowed down since then like i acknowledged, he is 34.

Both Dwight and CP3 would probably leave after one year. I cant see them getting Chris paul, Dwight is a little more likely. If i was the gm of either one of those teams (Magic or Hornets) I would trade them before deadline for the best package offered like the Jazz did with D-will. I wouldnt trade a player to the team of their preference unless they had the best package to offer (no homo). And the Celtics, if they're smart they shouldnt hesitate to move their expiring contracts (KG and allen) for over payed but short term role players and draft picks.

Isn't the Hornets runned by the NBA? I doubt Stern will trade Paul because it goes against everything they stood for in the lockout. FA is the only way I see CP3 leaving the Hornets. If a trade is involved it will probably be A Rondo and Pual deal because both are talented and can help out a struggling franchise. But still, I doubt a trade of someone this valuable on a struggling team will happen, especially when "Stern" has a big part to play in it...

portega1968

El Cacique
Isn't the Hornets runned by the NBA? I doubt Stern will trade Paul because it goes against everything they stood for in the lockout. FA is the only way I see CP3 leaving the Hornets. If a trade is involved it will probably be A Rondo and Pual deal because both are talented and can help out a struggling franchise. But still, I doubt a trade of someone this valuable on a struggling team will happen, especially when "Stern" has a big part to play in it...

I dont think Chris Paul will make us a championsip team if we dont fill up that hole in the middle with a good rebounder/defender.

I think getting Tyson Chandler and Jrich on this team with a scrub like Delonte West would give us a title this year!!!

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Good Afternoon,

This trade will not happen because dude is not signing in Boston when he wants to play for us. It is pretty much in stone barring witch magic from David Stern or an unbelievable turn of events like them winning the finals... They have zero chances of winning a finals with people like Marco Belinelli, Emeka Oakafor, and scrub to me mentioned at a later date:gony:

:alert:Enjoy 2012 lets make a promise that we wont turn this board into what it has been since the Lebron Mania & Melo Trades. :alert:

Regards,

Real Knicks Fan

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Paul is one of the smartest players in the league, I can only hope there is a way to sign him and keep some valuable role players to have something more than just our BIG 3.
Right now it seems very unlikely we can sign him, but who knows, maybe he accepts a huge pay cut? Or maybe "our guy" David Stern will somehow get him? We don't know how the new CBA will exactly look like, maybe there is a clause that let us land Paul?