Girafferies in 2012

Should Girafferies be a Knick in 2011-12?

• Total voters

CoolClyde

signs point to Girafferies sticking his neck out for Knicks again this year.
Just don't get D'amntoni's adoration of this offensive aberration.
I'd rather see Jorts on the courts than the lanky lame-o. SMH.
girafferies_xmas.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
girafferies_xmas.jpg

Jeffries is poo. People may say that he's not needed offensively, but my rebuttal to that is he can't rebound, and that's exactly what we need, and have needed, since our return from shame.

He probably has some dirt on the coach, lol.

Honestly, I don't see the attraction. He's a scrub, has no confidence and just takes up space. Just because he had a game or 2 where he made a block shot (or 2) dosen't take away from the fact he gives up too many easy baskets to opponents and sucks like a hoover when it comes to offense.

CoolClyde

Girafferies back in Knicks Zoo

<<Jared Jeffries will re-sign with the Knicks on a one-year deal.
Jeffries was re-acquired by New York last February.>>

F*CKING SH*T!

D'amntoni!!

Paul1355

All Star
girafferies_xmas.jpg

He is expected to sign on friday with the Knicks.....1.4 is a decent amount of money and Jeffries is not worth that. I thought the vet minimum was around $300,000? Anyway if Jeffries can just be a water boy and come in for garbage minutes then I'm fine with that.

We do need players to fill out the roster.

I can't stand Jeffries but if he doesn't get big minutes I'm happy.

If he takes away minutes from Turiaf, Jorts, and Jordan then I will be pissed.

Yeah, thats too much money for this dude, i don't see the value. According to the "NY Daily News" he's also a coaching staff favorite (WTF!). Now I'm really starting to think he has some dirt on the coach...probably caught the coach with his brother in the showers or something. I mean seriously... 1.4 mill for this guy? Plus he is open to becoming the starting center.....oh, lawd. The drama and headaches are starting to come back...

Hopefully this dude was in the gym all summer working on his game. I hate seeing scrubs playing for the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-re-sign-jeffries-article-1.987864

portega1968

El Cacique
Jeffries' doggie style on KG looks hilarious

Jeffries skillset (breadth, not depth) is nice to have. He can play defense against all positions, gets a couple of blocks and makes a three every 30 days. Good enough for the minimum.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is the result of not having summer league or a real training camp. The coaching staff don't know what they have in Jordan/Jorts so they go with what they're familiar with, no matter how FUBAR it is.

KingCharles34

All Star
Jeffries' doggie style on KG looks hilarious

Jeffries skillset (breadth, not depth) is nice to have. He can play defense against all positions, gets a couple of blocks and makes a three every 30 days. Good enough for the minimum.

I apologize to the Jeffries haters but I agree with this post right here. Green Rep

KingCharles34

All Star
So far theres 6 votes saying we should at least maybe re-sign him (even though its basically a done deal now), and 13 votes saying dont re-sign him. I havent been in a minority like this since the days of the Starbury wars :bang:

CoolClyde

Pringles Loves Girafferies

I'd just like to revisit this thread and reconfirm my loathing of Girafferies,
and the unfounded Antoni love affair with him.

why doesn't Jerry Jordan get any minutes, and this flopping nightmare
gets 20 per game? why why why?

pringles_giraffe.jpg

somebody please....

AntoniFire_ani.gif

iSaYughh

Starter
So far theres 6 votes saying we should at least maybe re-sign him (even though its basically a done deal now), and 13 votes saying dont re-sign him. I havent been in a minority like this since the days of the Starbury wars :bang:

ROFL @ your new sig. Just noticed it. Goddamn that is choice.

And yes, The Giraffe should be put in it's cage a bit more often.