Where's the Amare from last year?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i was gonna comment about how much of a joke this thread is, but Harper finished the discussion. deuces

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
We need to relax and pay this man a little respect

I mean how thirsty for something to hate are we as knicks fans

why would we show so much hatred and discredit to a man who chose to come to new york an awful team at the prime of his career when lebron and wade and bosh and boozer passed on the spotlight that is new york

then went on to play at an mvp caliber leading our team to our first playoff appearance in how long

he started in the all star game

was an all nba talent

and we are going to bash him because he floundered amidst an offseason of turmoil with regards to getting every one together to work out ?

melo was touring with chris paul all summer but no one bashes him for not being around ?

fields vanished after a vanishing act in the first round, unheard of amidst the ranks of knicks media personel.

we heard turiaf was playing overseas injuring himself again

and amare was spending half the summer nursing his back

you are all foolhearts who follow suit with the same foolhearts i recall bashing patrick ewing every year for being the only superstar on a team of hustling less talented players; pushing us as far as we could go for over a decade

Pay amare respect

it kills me to hear the amount of negativity we have because like every other player in the league, he has his own trainers and routines, yet because of what ?

what is your reason for hating the man

because he lead us in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots, and had a stretch during our biggest winning streak where he dropped 30 ppg, which in essence was the only reason we even made the playoffs last year ????

End this thread please

Amare has given us everything we asked for

a superstar

a leader

a captain

a class act

a hard worker

a dedicated citizen of new york city

an ambassador

an unselfish demeanor

why must we trash that ?

please tell me or hold your peace.

ETHER....:beer:

GoodVib

Rookie

So what ?

As I agree with you when you defend Amare, I don't get why you-re bashing Turiaf for playing overseas...
He injured himself while preparing to play the Euro championship with his national team, what's the problem with that ? He could have injured the same in an exhibition game or a workout in USA. Or he could have stayed in his NY flat, smoking weed and eating pizzas, a good way to avoid any injury !

So what ?

As I agree with you when you defend Amare, I don't get why you-re bashing Turiaf for playing overseas...
He injured himself while preparing to play the Euro championship with his national team, what's the problem with that ? He could have injured the same in an exhibition game or a workout in USA. Or he could have stayed in his NY flat, smoking weed and eating pizzas, a good way to avoid any injury !

Obviously you aren't at the level of the posters who "get" what comparative writing means. I was simply making a statement about several plays who had less to do with our turn around than amare, that no one ever gets on, yet we will kill amare for no reason, when he was our shining spotlight last year. I wasn't bashing turiaf, I was asking everyone why we don't mention everyone else, and ride amare for being our leader. I don't want to respond with an insult, but how could you of read that any differently. I'm not bashing anyone, I'm using examples to support my case in defending amare.

Its simple logic in my argumentative writing, I hope you are able to comprehend that now, with this little footnote response.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
If there is a Knick player besides of Shumpert that spent most of his time working out and preparing for the upcoming season, please let me know. I understad why some of you guys are asking why Amare hasn't shown up at the facility yet. He's the Knicks leader and leaders are supposed to show more commitment, if our co-star Carmelo didn't spend even an hour at the gym, that's okay, because he's a superstar and a great player but still he's got no leadership, Carmelo despite all his talents is still a single player, Amare is the team.

Kiyaman

Legend
We need to relax and pay this man a little respect

I mean how thirsty for something to hate are we as knicks fans

why would we show so much hatred and discredit to a man who chose to come to new york an awful team at the prime of his career when lebron and wade and bosh and boozer passed on the spotlight that is new york

then went on to play at an mvp caliber leading our team to our first playoff appearance in how long

he started in the all star game

was an all nba talent

and we are going to bash him because he floundered amidst an offseason of turmoil with regards to getting every one together to work out ?

melo was touring with chris paul all summer but no one bashes him for not being around ?

fields vanished after a vanishing act in the first round, unheard of amidst the ranks of knicks media personel.

and amare was spending half the summer nursing his back

you are all foolhearts who follow suit with the same foolhearts i recall bashing patrick ewing every year for being the only superstar on a team of hustling less talented players; pushing us as far as we could go for over a decade

Pay amare respect

it kills me to hear the amount of negativity we have because like every other player in the league, he has his own trainers and routines, yet because of what ?

what is your reason for hating the man

because he lead us in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots, and had a stretch during our biggest winning streak where he dropped 30 ppg, which in essence was the only reason we even made the playoffs last year ????

End this thread please

Amare has given us everything we asked for

a superstar

a leader

a captain

a class act

a hard worker

a dedicated citizen of new york city

an ambassador

an unselfish demeanor

why must we trash that ?

please tell me or hold your peace.

Slow Down....
All of the above mention is all good but it still does not excuse Amare,
plus u overratted Amare leadership as if he was Duncan or KG.
GM and Headcoach both "TANKED" two season on purpose to have a
winning record in their 3rd season. The Knicks didnt have any leadership-
players on the roster in those two "TANKED" seasons but tanking on purpose?
Amare past 2 seasons performance in the NBA graded Amare an A+ on his
final contract season, and a B+ for being the highest paid 2010 superstar FA.

Amare had alot to do with the Knicks DNP of Mozgov & AR who offered the
Knicks a Big-body defense & athletic defense in the paint. Which the 3 months
of DNP to two defensive bigs forced the Knicks owner to make the Melo-trade
for the health of Amare crying aghaustion-aghaustion throughout the entire
month of January. for being the only BIG in the rotation.

Little has been mention about the 15 points, 6 rebounds the Knicks got each
from Gallo & Chandler before the Amare signing. Both Chandler & Gallo work
ethic in the 2010 offseason showed great improvement in their all-around
performance, but the two wasnt allowed to show their scoring improvement
on offense with the 40 minutes of playingtime given to "Felton & Amare" tag-
team match on offense.
Amare had 9 straight 30 point games. :thumbsup:
Go back and look at the stats on shot-attempts by Gallo & Chandler in those games.
Amare entire performance showed us an unstoppable high scorer lastseason,
and a up and down rebounding performance. There is two things Knicks fans
need to absorb/focus on before the 66 game season get started:

1) PG-Billups will not make 90% of his passes to only Amare like Felton did.
2) SF-Melo will end the season with the most shot-attempts by a Knicks player.
What happens when rookie Shump earns 24 minutes of playingtime as a combo-guard? Which will push hustler Landry Fields into getting minutes at SG and SF with his quickness on at grabbing rebounds to start a transition play. All these things are factors in Amare's stat performance this season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm not bashing Amare at all, but here is a blog by Berman that pretty much outlines what I was trying to say.

BERMAN: Knicks' Stoudemire, Billups should have arrived earlier

Tweet

| More Print

4:44 PM, December 7, 2011 ι By MARC BERMAN Jared Jeffries, who agreed to terms with the Knicks but hasn?t signed his contract yet, was the latest player to show up Wednesday for voluntary workouts at the team's Westchester facility.
Training camp officially opens Friday.
Captain Amar?e Stoudemire and leader extraordinaire Chauncey Billups still haven?t showed. Billups is flying in Wednesday and should be there Thursday for the final day.
Stoudemire? Also supposed to be coming in Thursday from Miami.
I am not going to question Stoudemire's and Billups? decision to arrive one week after they were permitted to work out in Westchester. Stoudemire has done too well in his lone season in New York and Billups is an NBA champion.
But I also don?t want to hear either of those two guys talk about lack of chemistry due to the shortened training camp as excuses if the Knicks get off to a slow start. The 66-game schedule isn?t kind early, with the big Christmas opener against the vaunted Celtics, who swept them in the playoffs last season, followed by a three-game-in-four-nights Western trip.

They?ll face the Mark Jackson-coached Warriors, the Lakers and Sacramento on New Year?s Eve. A 1-3 start could be in the cards. Stoudemire wanted to stay in the warm climate of Miami, maybe for his back. But after having such a long rehab and unable to be with the Knicks medical staff all summer, you?d think he?d have been the first to arrive last Thursday with Carmelo Anthony when the training center opened to them.

Stoudemire made several attempts to get the Knicks together for a minicamp at Bradenton, Fla. or Los Angeles and was rebuffed. Maybe he was frustrated at not getting that accomplished. This is a team that needs team bonding more than most. The Knicks were broken up at the trading deadline by the Anthony deal and never seemed to find the same camraderie afterward.
Good for Anthony to show up in Westchester last Thursday, joining Toney Douglas. Both those players had offseason surgeries and most of their rehab period was done without the supervision of the Knicks training staff.

Billups, who has to leave his family behind in Denver, and Stoudemire might?ve wanted to come earlier just as a sign of leadership. There were pickup games to play and chemistry issues to be laid to rest. But then again, I didn?t lose 19 percent of my salary from the lockout.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knick..._billups_zbZtTTzxBSTMJMe6VShiBL#ixzz1fxjltFJB