Eddy Curry to sign with HEAT

nyk_nyk

All Star
Based on what info?

Watch out. The fatman is back!

Don't take this the wrong way but you really should site your source(s) before just posting something like this. I found nothing indicating that this was done.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nevermind. I just saw a tweet indicating this will probably be done tomorrow. Still, your titles are sometimes misleading.

EC is expected to sign with the Heat would be more accurate.

mafra

Legend
Don't take this the wrong way but you really should site your source(s) before just posting something like this. I found nothing indicating that this was done.

Well, EC to sign with Heat is really the same as is expected to sign with Heat, no? I mean, isn't the expected a bit reduntant? To sign kind of indicates the expected anyway, and adding the expected kind of pushes it beyond speculation and infers a decisiveness as well?

I didn't post b/c it was only a blurb on Rotoworld from some dude's twitter account:

Eddy Curry will reportedly sign with the Heat on Friday.

The Curry to Miami rumors have been swirling for quite some time, but it sounds like he may finally show to training camp this season. He's supposedly "slimmer," but considering how large he once was, that's not saying much. He'll have to impress in training camp in a big way.

-----

Plus, it's EC. Who really cares right. If he reports with a pair of sneakers I would be shocked.

Then again, watch Lebron-Haslem-Wade-Riley-Battier get this guy to focus and contribute, and he haunts us for years.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Battier to MIA is definitely a strong move for them. Call me crazy but if EC still has some low post offense left then LBJ will make him look good with his passing ability.

Also remember with their big 3, EC will NEVER get doubled in the paint. This experiment could go either way. Kinda scary

mafra

Legend
Battier to MIA is definitely a strong move for them. Call me crazy but if EC still has some low post offense left then LBJ will make him look good with his passing ability.

Also remember with their big 3, EC will NEVER get doubled in the paint. This experiment could go either way. Kinda scary

I concur. EC is broke and needs money. He never loved bball, but if there's anyone who can motivate the big man, coax some of his talent out of him, leave it to Riley and the players on that MIA roster.

All he needs to do is play 15 minutes. Dunk a few balls and knock around some bodies in the paint. PLsu you know he'll always want to stick it to NY (why i don't know).

Still, let's see him actualy last thru camp b4 we hand comeback player of the year to Curry.

Battier is a nightmare. Plays defense. A winner. Solid locker room. Hits 3s.

Where are they getting all this money?

This is partly why NY's insitence to wait another year costs NY. Nobody wants to sign on b/c we are not ready to win. Who wants to be traded. Next year, after we sign another star (or quality player) then guys like this will come to NY.

I guess we have to hope for Grant Hill and Ajinca. That'll have to do until next year.

Maybe Chandler wants to come home?

nyland

Rookie
First of all, let me say hello to all Knicks fans.

My question is not strictly related to this topic but anyway - does anyone know what is a situation with Jerome Jordan? If I am not mistaken tomorrow is going to begin a training camp for all teams in NBA.

Will Jerome come from overseas and play in NBA this season or not?

mafra

Legend
First of all, let me say hello to all Knicks fans.

My question is not strictly related to this topic but anyway - does anyone know what is a situation with Jerome Jordan? If I am not mistaken tomorrow is going to begin a training camp for all teams in NBA.

Will Jerome come from overseas and play in NBA this season or not?

His agent told NY his client requests a trade if they wont invite him to training camp. He wants a shot to make some NBA roster.

Word is NYK are thinking about signing Ajinca. In this case, they would almost certainly deal Jordan somewhere.

I hold out hope NO decides to accept a package of Billups, Jordan, Fields + Douglas or Shumpert. I can dream right

nyland

Rookie
His agent told NY his client requests a trade if they wont invite him to training camp. He wants a shot to make some NBA roster.

Word is NYK are thinking about signing Ajinca. In this case, they would almost certainly deal Jordan somewhere.

I hold out hope NO decides to accept a package of Billups, Jordan, Fields + Douglas or Shumpert. I can dream right

Yes, I've heard for Ajinca. NYpost reported that Knicks want Ajinca from Toronto, in return they could trade JJ.

Do you know maybe when is the deadline for trade? I certainly hope that JJ will stay in Slovenia, because I am a fan of a team where JJ currently play.

mafra

Legend
Yes, I've heard for Ajinca. NYpost reported that Knicks want Ajinca from Toronto, in return they could trade JJ.

Do you know maybe when is the deadline for trade? I certainly hope that JJ will stay in Slovenia, because I am a fan of a team where JJ currently play.

There is no deadline here. The NBA deadline to make a deal is normally in Feb. However, camp starts tomorrow. So, I would venture to guess that a decision has to be made soon.

Of course, NY is under no obligation to grant JJ's his wishes. Currently, the Knicks have Turiaf, Jeffries and rookie Josh Harrellson on the roster. If they don't sign another C, I would imagine the invite JJ to camp and let him compete with JH for the #3 center role.

How does he look right now? Shooting, defense, rebounding?

nyland

Rookie
There is no deadline here. The NBA deadline to make a deal is normally in Feb. However, camp starts tomorrow. So, I would venture to guess that a decision has to be made soon.

Of course, NY is under no obligation to grant JJ's his wishes. Currently, the Knicks have Turiaf, Jeffries and rookie Josh Harrellson on the roster. If they don't sign another C, I would imagine the invite JJ to camp and let him compete with JH for the #3 center role.

How does he look right now? Shooting, defense, rebounding?

Statistically, in Eurocup (which is a level lower competition than Euroleague) he has 11,8 ppg, 7,3 rpg - 2FG 19/34, FT 9/11 only four games were played.

In Adriatic League currently in 10 games - 11,3 ppg, 4,7 rpg - 2FG 42/70, FT 29/40

He is good in defense, a lot of rebounds in offense. He also has a big adventage because of his arm span - in that way he get a lot of rebounds in offense.

Only a few shoots are from distance, but most of them are lay-ups or dunks.

I think he is not ready yet to play in NBA. In Slovenia he has a very important role in Krka's squad. It would be much better (for us and for him) if he stay untill the end of this season and then try to find a fortune in NBA.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Statistically, in Eurocup (which is a level lower competition than Euroleague) he has 11,8 ppg, 7,3 rpg - 2FG 19/34, FT 9/11 only four games were played.

In Adriatic League currently in 10 games - 11,3 ppg, 4,7 rpg - 2FG 42/70, FT 29/40

He is good in defense, a lot of rebounds in offense. He also has a big adventage because of his arm span - in that way he get a lot of rebounds in offense.

Only a few shoots are from distance, but most of them are lay-ups or dunks.

I think he is not ready yet to play in NBA. In Slovenia he has a very important role in Krka's squad. It would be much better (for us and for him) if he stay untill the end of this season and then try to find a fortune in NBA.

Thanks for the inside info. If he came here we'd only need him to provide rebounding and defense. If he can't do those things well then it doesn't make sense wasting any cap space on him.

Paul1355

All Star
Watch out. The fatman is back!

LOL

ESPN reported this and I know Curry worked out in front of Heat scouts right after the Knicks dumped his fatness out of NY.

He has been trying to impress the Heat, and I have no idea how he pulled it off. The Heat are so desperate for a big man that they got the BIGGEST man you could imagine.

As a person, I'm happy that Curry is back in the league, as a fan I hope he does nothing and proves how embarrassing he really is.

portega1968

El Cacique
LOL

ESPN reported this and I know Curry worked out in front of Heat scouts right after the Knicks dumped his fatness out of NY.

He has been trying to impress the Heat, and I have no idea how he pulled it off. The Heat are so desperate for a big man that they got the BIGGEST man you could imagine.

As a person, I'm happy that Curry is back in the league, as a fan I hope he does nothing and proves how embarrassing he really is.

Miami has less McDonalds per square mile than New York or Chicago, but even that won't help this fat lazy **** worth a roster spot. He doesn't defend shit, barely rebounds, zero blocks and opponents always 20-10 his bubbleass

p0nder

Starter
While the hate for curry here is palpable, this looks like a good move for the Heat who were pushed around by tyson chandler in the paint.

also bringing in battier was a great move for them. that signing makes them an amazing defensive unit.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I think this is a low risk high reward move for them. Lebron will keep fats in check and if he can give them 20 good minutes its a win for them.

quiggle

Starter
so he will win a title befoer Knicks fans get to taste the glory, eh he's been through a lot so we shold wish him the best