Knicks lead pursuit of T. Chandler

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Knicks Lead Pursuit Of Tyson Chandler
Dec 08, 2011 1:06 PM EST

The Knicks have jumped ahead of the Warriors in pursuing Tyson Chandler, according to sources.

If New York reaches an agreement with Chandler, they will amnesty Chauncey Billups and then attempt to trade Ronny Turiaf.

Chandler could receive a four-year deal from the Knicks at $14 million annually.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217141/Knicks_Lead_Pursuit_Of_Tyson_Chandler#ixzz1fy5M0xHl

Anyone else seen this? this is incredible news i love it, i would hate the fact that billups would leave but T.Chandler is more of a need at this point. add in Hill to the mix and a veteran PG maybe T.J Ford and were set for a run at this chip-THIS YEAR.

1.? 6. Fields
2.Hill 7. Douglas
3.Melo 8. Shumpert
4.STAT 9. Jorts
5.Chandler

Incredible i hope we land him, but ill miss billups

sound off :gony:

portega1968

El Cacique
Knicks Lead Pursuit Of Tyson Chandler
Dec 08, 2011 1:06 PM EST

The Knicks have jumped ahead of the Warriors in pursuing Tyson Chandler, according to sources.

If New York reaches an agreement with Chandler, they will amnesty Chauncey Billups and then attempt to trade Ronny Turiaf.

Chandler could receive a four-year deal from the Knicks at $14 million annually.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217141/Knicks_Lead_Pursuit_Of_Tyson_Chandler#ixzz1fy5M0xHl

Anyone else seen this? this is incredible news i love it, i would hate the fact that billups would leave but T.Chandler is more of a need at this point. add in Hill to the mix and a veteran PG maybe T.J Ford and were set for a run at this chip-THIS YEAR.

1.? 6. Fields
2.Hill 7. Douglas
3.Melo 8. Shumpert
4.STAT 9. Jorts
5.Chandler

Incredible i hope we land him, but ill miss billups

sound off :gony:

funny how you slotted Jorts into that rotation... pure wishful thinking my friend (Jeffries will be the first backup up front... sadly)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I was about to post this bastards beat me to it lol. I was thinking is this some kind of sick joke.. But if it is what is needed I agree do it! The leadership we lose from Billups would be brought back if we can steal Chandler from Dallas. I would hope this would help us secure CP3 but if not **** it. We would be presumably set at the 5,4,and 3 positions for the foreseeable future.

:gony::gony::gony:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This Will happen for multiple reasons.

1. They could of took Billups off the books with the 3 mil buy out back in June. They picked up his option which means they plan to keep him as an important trade piece for the trade dead line.

2. IF we sign Chandler, than we'll NO cap space for Cp3 unless we got rid of Amare or Melo.

3. We would NOT use our amnesty on Billups because it comes off the books next year that would be a waste. Instead we'd save it for Amare incase his knees implode and we can get rid of his contract.

Think people Think! Any knick fan shouldn't want this trade to happen or for us to waste our amnesty. For those reasons I think this is BS.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Best frontcourt in the NBA sounds good to me. Now we would need Fields and Shumpert to overachieve.

Any room leftover after signing Tyson Chandler for Wilson Chandler?

P.S. Carlos Arroyo might be a decent minimum to pick up for the short term.

Arroyo
Fields
Melo
STAT
CHandler

Not too shabby!

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Tyson Chandler has received an official offer from the Warriors worth more than $60 million over four years, according to a source.
Chandler is an unrestricted free agent after spending last season with the Mavericks.
In order to sign Chandler, the Warriors will likely need to amnesty Andris Biedrins.
Golden State is hoping to receive a commitment from Chandler on the first day of free agency on Friday.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chandler over Paul. sorry but he fits our need more. I would love to have Paul and i'd be great but Chandler would vastly improve us and leave us in a better position than Miami-yea i said it- and considering Hill is likely to come as well all we really need is PG, and they wont be required to do much other than pass. Douglas can fit as a filler PG for a season until we sign an affordable one. Paul looks like a wish at this point so we gotta be realistic. Chandler coming would put us in a position to make a run this year!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

1. They could of took Billups off the books with the 3 mil buy out back in June. They picked up his option which means they plan to keep him as an important trade piece for the trade dead line.

2. IF we sign Chandler, than we'll NO cap space for Cp3 unless we got rid of Amare or Melo.

3. We would NOT use our amnesty on Billups because it comes off the books next year that would be a waste. Instead we'd save it for Amare incase his knees implode and we can get rid of his contract.

Think people Think! Any knick fan shouldn't want this trade to happen or for us to waste our amnesty. For those reasons I think this is BS.

While I see your point and it is not the ideal use of our amnesty I think we should pull the trigger if we think CP3 is not a possibility. Chandler is probably second only to D12 as the perfect fit for a C on this roster and the window to grab him will be gone shortly.

Paul1355

All Star

What won the championship for the Mavs?

Was it Jason Kidd/ JJ Barea or was it Tyson Chandler stopping Lebron and Wade from driving to the hoop?

The Center is the most valuable position in basketball, IMO.

Point guards can change a team, yes Chris Paul, D Williams, Steve Nash, Rose, etc can all do this but a center forces you to shoot outside shots. A center can dominate in the post.

A center changes the whole team on both ends of the floor and a PG usually just helps with organizing the offense.

Paul can give us steals and a fast paces offense.

But would you rather have CP3, Melo, Amare and a bad center?

Or Melo, Amare, Chandler....because then any PG can just feed these guys and we would dominate defensively.

Look at Rondo, he is great because of his defense but his assist numbers are at 11 assissts per game because of his supporting cast.

Any PG will have high numbers with a lineup of Melo, Amare and Chandler.

Shumpert should excel with his athleticism, if he has court vision you can slide him in there. We can get Ramon Sessions in a deal, someone with court vision, etc.

Imagine

Sessions
Grant Hill
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Championship is calling

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
What won the championship for the Mavs?

Was it Jason Kidd/ JJ Barea or was it Tyson Chandler stopping Lebron and Wade from driving to the hoop?

The Center is the most valuable position in basketball, IMO.

Point guards can change a team, yes Chris Paul, D Williams, Steve Nash, Rose, etc can all do this but a center forces you to shoot outside shots. A center can dominate in the post.

A center changes the whole team on both ends of the floor and a PG usually just helps with organizing the offense.

Paul can give us steals and a fast paces offense.

But would you rather have CP3, Melo, Amare and a bad center?

Or Melo, Amare, Chandler....because then any PG can just feed these guys and we would dominate defensively.

Look at Rondo, he is great because of his defense but his assist numbers are at 11 assissts per game because of his supporting cast.

Any PG will have high numbers with a lineup of Melo, Amare and Chandler.

Shumpert should excel with his athleticism, if he has court vision you can slide him in there. We can get Ramon Sessions in a deal, someone with court vision, etc.

Imagine

Sessions
Grant Hill
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Championship is calling

We can't afford Ramon sessions. Thats the thing if we go through with this our cap is shot. IF Amares knees go bad again than we ares tuck with his HUGE contract and inability to make any moves because of being raped by the cap. I get your logic. But this would be a great starting 5 with NO DEPTH. I just think we should be wiser. Many of us knick fans are getting greedy. We were so happy to get Amare and build around him. We got two super stars and instead of wanting to build around them, we are now saying bring in even more high level talent at the expense of other parts of the team. Mavs also had a really deep bench, and that is what also won them that championship. Signing battier was to reinforce the heats bench which was a problem.

Trust me wisest move would be to save our amnesty for when we really need it. Find a serviceable big who can bang and bail out amares sorry defense, and get a Nash like PG who can run Damntoni's SSOL

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Paul1355 perfect couldnt have said it better myself. i hope by tomorrow Chandler is officially in NY :cool: if we could get Arroyo at the minimum just someone to run the point with experience we'd be in prime position to finish atop the entire eastern conference( yea that good! ) and we could make a serious bid at a championship the entire outlook of the team will have changed to defense and we could defend efficiently. Plus we could still score in bunches (stat&melo need i say more)

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Trades Picking up steam.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Billups' still in dark on Knicks next move with him: amnesty, trade into cap space...or: Possible sign-and-trade with Dallas for Chandler?
Quote:
The Mavericks could possibly let JJ Barea leave as a free agent, and split the point guard duties in compact season with Kidd and Billups
Quote:
Knicks have privately assured people that if they trade Billups instead of using amnesty on him, he's destined for a "good team." Dallas?
Quote:
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Source close to Tyson Chandler talks just told ESPN.com: "It's 98 percent sure that Tyson is going to wind up with the Knicks."

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
WOW!

In the latest twist of his expected departure from the Dallas Mavericks, Tyson Chandler is closing in on a deal with the New York Knicks, according to sources close to the process.

"New York is Tyson's first choice," one source told ESPN.com, confirming a Thursday report from CBSSports.com that the Knicks have jumped ahead of the Golden State Warriors in the race to sign Chandler.

"It's 98 percent sure that Tyson is going to wind up with the Knicks."

To create sufficient salary-cap space to sign Chandler, New York is expected to shed the contracts of Chauncey Billups and Ronny Turiaf, through either trades or the forthcoming amnesty clause.

Signing Chandler, sources said, could free up the Knicks to offer star forward Amare Stoudemire to the New Orleans Hornets in a trade scenario for Chris Paul, who badly wants to reunite with Chandler after their time together with the Hornets.

98% sure Tyson ends up with the Knicks. Crazy. I love STAT but CP3, Tyson and Melo is too good to pass up.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Chandler would be a perfect match for the Knicks, he has enough size and toughness and he brings his leadership attitude and championship experience into this team. Grunwald would be a genius bringing a proven defensive-minded assistant coach and the second best center in the league. Believe me folks, crazy things are about to happen tomorrow, it's been a long time I've got so excited about the Knicks.

:gony:

LeFlume

All Star
Mixed emotions big time. I don't know what to think. I would love to see Chandler in Orange and Bluebut not at the expense of Chris Paul.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'd feel bad if we send Amare to New Orleans, I know Paul-Anthony-Chandler would be a better mix, but damn it would feel ****ing bad...

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I agree but business is business and hurt feelings should not really be a factor.

You're right! Let's be honest both Amare and Billups are not worth the money we're paying them. Getting rid of them to sign PROVEN center Chandler and arguably the best PG in the game today? I'm all in baby.