Knicks will sign Tyson Chandler, use amnesty on Billups

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I probably woulnd't have mentioned how Felton looked in an arguement for Paul's value. ANY pg is gonna look way better with weapons, especially big ones. I would much rather have felton with this team than trade stat for paul.

p.s. not directed at anyone specific but a lot of you are extremely childish when someone has a differing opinion.

Well, as a new poster you do not know the history around here and I have no problems debating someone with a differing opinion in a respectful way. I do have a problem and will respond when I am attacked personally or my posts are twisted with spin for over 2 years.

Felton has all the tools to be a great PG and was hamstrung in a sluggish offense in Charlotte. Citing him as an example does nothing to mitigate CP3's value. If Felton was beasting in this system one can safely conclude that CP3 would be THAT much better.

P.S. I'm a huge fan of Felton and of course if we could keep STAT and add Felton I would be all for it. STAT + Felton > just CP3

mafra

Legend
Trade Billups & a player (Turiaf, or Walker, or Brown, or Rautins) to DEN for Andre Miller. Maybe get a 3rd team invlved. Don't waste our amnesty on an expiring contract. What if STAT blows out his knee?

Wargames

Starter
Trade Billups & a player (Turiaf, or Walker, or Brown, or Rautins) to DEN for Andre Miller. Maybe get a 3rd team invlved. Don't waste our amnesty on an expiring contract. What if STAT blows out his knee?

They probably are trying to do this as we speak. No way do you want Billups to Quasi retire and show up on the heat in a few months.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Its a Sign and trade so now we get our MLE I smell a point guard

It looks as if we are going to amnesty Billups, taking us approx $12 mil under the cap, then sign-and-trade for Chandler to give Dallas a $12 mil Traded Plaer Exception. We lose our MLE and amnesty and give Dallas something for nothing. Not good.

The only good thing is maybe we keep Turiaf for the bench, which we will need.

Wargames

Starter
It looks as if we are going to amnesty Billups, taking us approx $12 mil under the cap, then sign-and-trade for Chandler to give Dallas a $12 mil Traded Plaer Exception. We lose our MLE and amnesty and give Dallas something for nothing. Not good.

The only good thing is maybe we keep Turiaf for the bench, which we will need.

Looks like the wizards will take Turiaf. IDK if we still do the sign-&-trade unless its so we can give Tyson Chandler a higher increase in salary raises.

Good bye Turiaf your manic presence will be missed.

Wargames

Starter
Update on Billups

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Unclear if they will put in a claim, but Clippers an interesting possibility for soon to be waived Billups. Would fit in well.

He should go there. LAC isn't a contender but they don't suck like other teams and would have a pretty good back court to work with so he wouldn't have to do heavy minutes.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Update on Billups

He should go there. LAC isn't a contender but they don't suck like other teams and would have a pretty good back court to work with so he wouldn't have to do heavy minutes.

I think he wants to go to Miami or Denver

As for Turiaf we have to get something back I'm guessing a trade exception or a 2nd rounder

Kiyaman

Legend
This was a funny reading thread....ha ha ha

All those who believe the Knicks should "AMNESTY" Billups....are really asking
for a consecutive first round knockout.

I want Tyson Chandler as a Knicks, but not at the cost of losing Billups to
the Miami Heat. HELL-NO!
I want Billups and his ex-coach Mike Woodson coaching Tyson Chandler role
in the paint....I dont trust Herb or Dantoni with Tyson Chandler role on the Knicks.

Amare & Melo average 20 shot attempts (each) per game....I want a veteran
Billups controlling Amare & Melo's shot attempts for a winning playoff team....
not a "one on one" individual high stat score.

Wargames

Starter
All those who believe the Knicks should "AMNESTY" Billups....are really asking
for a consecutive first round knockout.

I want Tyson Chandler as a Knicks, but not at the cost of losing Billups to
the Miami Heat. HELL-NO!
I want Billups and his ex-coach Mike Woodson coaching Tyson Chandler role
in the paint....I dont trust Herb or Dantoni with Tyson Chandler role on the Knicks.

Amare & Melo average 20 shot attempts (each) per game....I want a veteran
Billups controlling Amare & Melo's shot attempts for a winning playoff team....
not a "one on one" individual high stat score.

keep in mind finding a decent PG is easier than finding a decent Center, so who knows maybe the knicks get some luck there. Maybe the gilbert deal goes through and Baron can come play for the Knicks. I'm :crossfingers: that the only hold up is Gilbert in his paranoid vendetta filled mind is waiting for the heat to sign Battier so Baron wont go there instead of the knicks.

however when do the knicks catch a break....