Knicks to possibly Offer Amare in Sign and Trade

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Now to see if Knicks elect to put Amare Stoudemire in trade proposals to New Orleans for CP3. Sources say it's one option Knicks considering
27 minutes ago

Thoughts?

Possible line up

Come x mas

Cp3
Fields/Hill
Melo
??? maybe shawne williams
Ty Chand

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
I don't see why New Orleans would do this. Amare has a gigantic contract, and his contract could not be insured. Getting Amare isn't a good way to rebuild a team. Others are offering young players and picks.

Seems like ESPN hype to get Knicks fans to talk about this very unlikely possibility.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Ill be the one to say it. Impossible this happens. Doesn't make sense for either side just bullshit media hype

iSaYughh

Starter
Why doesn't it make sense?

Adding a player like Amare to our potential offer certainly would vault us into clear contention as far as offers go.

CP3 clearly has us as his first destination and can increase pressure; his code of honor has simply been to NO that he does not want them to get raped and handed a bag of balls.

We could certainly use the best point guard in the NBA. Especially if the looming trade of obtaining a bonefied lockdown starting C manifests, and we amnesty/trade Billups in the process.

Of course, obtaining that very center would put CP3 into hyperdrive in doing all it takes to come; particularly when combined with us now offering NO a non-rape offer.

We are left with:

*the best point guard in the NBA, with MDA as our current coach.

*Melo as the undisputed, dominant scorer

*Size up front that won't get penetrated like Jenna Jameson in her prime; a guy who just won a chip, helping take down MIA in the process.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
if we're willing to trade Stat, why aren't we going after Dwight Howard then? I can't believe this myth of the "it's a point guard league" has taken hold of everyone. Not that CP3 isn't a good player but u win with length, rebounding, defense, and efficiency (mainly FG%). That means maximizing shots inside the 2pt line. Having CP3 just means we'll have to waste another 3 months getting Melo to be effective off the ball.....god knows how long that will take

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
if we're willing to trade Stat, why aren't we going after Dwight Howard then? I can't believe this myth of the "it's a point guard league" has taken hold of everyone. Not that CP3 isn't a good player but u win with length, rebounding, defense, and efficiency (mainly FG%). That means maximizing shots inside the 2pt line. Having CP3 just means we'll have to waste another 3 months getting Melo to be effective off the ball.....god knows how long that will take

CP3 + Tyson Chandler > Just D12 IMHO.

quiggle

Starter
all this talk about STAT-o-Sphere getting trade has me excited to come back here after staying away for 10 months. do it, match his number with the years he's been with the Knicks, 1!! I hope Isiah is calling this, because remember when STAT dissed him when he signed with the Knicks saying he was never part of recruiting him? no defense, bad knees AND bad back, his back hasn't healed those who say it is are lying, more liable than ever best time to unload.

Paul1355

All Star
Thoughts?

Possible line up

Come x mas

Cp3
Fields/Hill
Melo
??? maybe shawne williams
Ty Chand

I don't like this move....if we just kept Melo, Amare, and Chandler, everyone would be happy and we would have the best 3,4,5 punch in the NBA and Amare can finally play amare at the 4.

If Amare is traded, he will be PISSED! He changed the entire team, he is our identity, he is a work horse and is respected as a leader. He was the MVP in the first half of the year, why trade him?

CP3 is great BUT your telling me we can't find a PG with decent court vision to just feed these guys and hit some open shots, run an uptempo offense?

JJ Barea can work, Ramon Sessions, maybe Iman Shumpert, who knows but we dont NEED Cp3, we NEED Chandler and once we have him, we can make a deal for any PG.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
CP3 is great BUT your telling me we can't find a PG with decent court vision to just feed these guys and hit some open shots, run an uptempo offense?

JJ Barea can work, Ramon Sessions, maybe Iman Shumpert, who knows but we dont NEED Cp3, we NEED Chandler and once we have him, we can make a deal for any PG.

I dont want Barea starting. Sessions? Eh. And way too many people on here expecting Shumpert to be some star. But I do agree, we dont need CP3, and anyone who thinks that isn't looking at the right numbers.

quiggle

Starter
if the Lakers are shopping Gasol, who brought them two titles but had a mediocre playoffs, there is no reason not to trade Renaissance Man because he gave nothing to us in the playoffs but a sweep at the hated Celtics

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Trading Amare away will be terrible. He was the guy who was prepared to come to the Knicks when we had nothing else. He wanted to come here to turn things around and make us relevant again.

Forget Chris Paul. Get Chandler and look at Melo,Stat and Chandler ripping the life out of other teams. With those three all we would need is a PG who can get them the ball and then let them reak havoc.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Trading Amare away will be terrible. He was the guy who was prepared to come to the Knicks when we had nothing else. He wanted to come here to turn things around and make us relevant again.

Forget Chris Paul. Get Chandler and look at Melo,Stat and Chandler ripping the life out of other teams. With those three all we would need is a PG who can get them the ball and then let them reak havoc.

these people are obsessed with having a star point guard, when point guards haven't been the catalyst behind championships since Zeke played.....titles are about length, rebounding and offensive efficiency and none of those things require a 15 million dollar point guard......I do agree, Melo + Stat + Chandler = Size + Stat feasting on scrub defenders......

quiggle

Starter
not sure why some of you think Renaissance Man came to the Knicks to bring the franchise back, he came because we offered him max millions. if we offered him Suns did he would be playing Phoenix now. he is not loyal to Knicks and New York he spent pretty much the whole strike in Cali and Flaorida. why the hell would any of you feel bad if we traded him, he still gets paid he will be happy kissing Rachel Ray butt, we get better with CP3 and Chandler win win for us all.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
if the Lakers are shopping Gasol, who brought them two titles but had a mediocre playoffs, there is no reason not to trade Renaissance Man because he gave nothing to us in the playoffs but a sweep at the hated Celtics

What about Amar'e in a deal for Gasol? I'd do that in a heartbeat!

smokes

Huge Member
What about Amar'e in a deal for Gasol? I'd do that in a heartbeat!

LOL!

Are you guys F'ing crazy?!

Seriously you want to trade the guy who saved our god damn franchise from obscurity? Rewind one year... We don't get Lebron, Bosh, Wade or Amare... No Amare = No Melo, no Amare = no playoffs, no Amare = no god damn hope for this franchise whatsoever.

Without Amare we would have been sitting around twiddling our thumbs until 2012 in the blind hope of getting D12 who doesn't wanna play in NY and CP3 who wouldn't exactly wanna come play here with a bunch of role players.

I honestly can't believe you guys want to give up STAT quite honestly it's a joke... SMFH

quiggle

Starter
this is Dantonis last year and whoever the new coach will be afterwards the Knicks are going to steer towards bread and butter of 90s and go defensive oriented, Renaissance Man does not bring that to the team. he is more concerend about his body fat % than rebounds, believe that.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
LOL!

Are you guys F'ing crazy?!

Seriously you want to trade the guy who saved our god damn franchise from obscurity? Rewind one year... We don't get Lebron, Bosh, Wade or Amare... No Amare = No Melo, no Amare = no playoffs, no Amare = no god damn hope for this franchise whatsoever.

Without Amare we would have been sitting around twiddling our thumbs until 2012 in the blind hope of getting D12 who doesn't wanna play in NY and CP3 who wouldn't exactly wanna come play here with a bunch of role players.

I honestly can't believe you guys want to give up STAT quite honestly it's a joke... SMFH

Give it a rest, he took a max contract to line his pockets. He's not a saint and when it came down to the playoffs he watched them lying down on the hardwood.

The only joke is your loyalty to a man who all but destroyed any chance we had of getting a real superstar this year or next. Melo IS the real deal and when it came to the playoffs he showed it despite being around a team of also rans. He's the man we should build around and for what Pau and Chandler would give us as a front court with Melo you're the one that would be insane if that possibility was on the table not to take it.

Melo is my boy but he ****ed us over as well with his stupid demands, just like Amar'e. Don't shit in my bowl and call it ice cream son.