Knicks look set for 04/05 season >> best guards poll

Which NBA team has the most dangerous guard rotation?

• KNICKS/w Marbury, Crawford, Houston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HEAT/w Wade, Jones

• MAGIC/w Francis, Mobley

• PISTONS/w Billups, Hamilton

• BUCKS/w Ford, Redd

• SPURS/w Parker, Barry, Ginobili

• T-WOLVES/w Cassell, Hudson, Sprewell

• KINGS/w Bibby, Jackson, Christie

• LAKERS/w Kobe ( i'm kobe damn it)

• ROCKETS/w T-MAC ( i'm T-Mac damn it)

• Total voters

ARKATECH

Rookie
With his last acqusion Isiah Thomas has filled the knicks roster to 15 players, the max allowed by the leauge. Our guard positions are set. And is argueably the most potent and talented in the NBA, with Marbury, Crawford and a healthy Houston :hump:. The small forward position is solid and versitile with Thomas, Hardaway &, Ariza 8). Our bigest qustion mark is the power foward and center spots :?. As it stands this looks like our set of enforcers and big men going into the season, and they have a lot to prove. Kurt is solid and should have another good year. Williams is a high energy player and will give us a boost on the defensive end. Sweetney had a great summer leauge and is in better shape than last year. The big qustion is how far has his game devloped, and is it enough to start? Then there is Mohammed who we hope, has a great offensive season so he can earn that starting spot he was given last year. Next is Sundov ??? uh? ............ In Isiah We Trust ........... And finally theres Baker :idea:. He has to have a good year just to justify the money spent on him. I hope for big things from them all .......... What are your thoughs?

**We dont mention the black sheep of the family (Anderson & Norris = trade filler). :(

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
There is no arguing that you got it on point, just wished we could do something about Anderson and Moochie. I would place them both on the injury list for the season but that would look really bad because of their contracts and I don't think Isiah will do it.

starpula

Benchwarmer
Until proven otherwise, I still think the Billups/Hamilton guard rotation is the best in the poll. With a long 82 game schedule to gain chemistry, and a step up in rebounding from Sweetney (whom I`m very high on) and JYD, the Knicks have a chance to make some noise this season.

As for Sweetney, I saw this guy live at the late season game vs. Toronto and he is a bustling rebounding machine. My hope is Isiah locked him in a room with hours upon hours of Ben Wallace video. Sweetney possesess many of the same traits (aside from the 'fro!!!)

JJtheKnick

Starter
this is a knicks site and everyoner will choose the knicks BUT i think they will be right. we have a extremely good guard rotation. marbury the best PG right now. houston one of the best shooters. crawford a young man who as a great shot and will become one of the best shooters every.

newmove

Rotation player
That's righ JJ. Can't fake this: we've got the best guard rotation. Though Detroit's packed good enough as well. I'd rate Det as #2 in this list.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I have to disagree, until somebody takes it from Detroit, they're the top backcourt. I base this on the fact they lead us 1-0 in the championship department. No disrespect to our guys. That just means are fellas have to show and prove...I'm confident they'll represent us well.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
I can't believe I am actually writing this...where do The Glove, Pierce and Ricky Davis fit into the mix...they are a big ???? but damn they could bust out....I still like NY's rotationn better

newmove

Rotation player
Well, maybe Pierce and Ricky but The Glove is still not certain. If Gary was there for sure then I guess he and Paul would get a chance to be on the list (and, maybe, get some votes).

ARKATECH

Rookie
Well, maybe Pierce and Ricky but The Glove is still not certain. If Gary was there for sure then I guess he and Paul would get a chance to be on the list (and, maybe, get some votes).

That's my thinking ......... Can't put them because they might not even be the same unit at the start of the season.

But that's a good squad if ever there was one.

ARKATECH

Rookie
don't forget the Mavs with JT, Finley, and Stack.

True but besides Finley,..... JT, and Stack don't explode like the other guard rotations do ..... IMO. But it's still a great squad though.

but they have a championship bc we dditn have crawford lst year and only marbury 4 half a year so this yera we got a nice team and who eva voted kobe all i gota say is wow......

ARKATECH

Rookie
Now that you got the guards out of yall system, what are your thoughts on our big men situation? We have a more solid line up this year then we've had in a minuet (no harrington, weatherspoon &, Trybanski). Plus there are a lot of unknowns as to what are the capablities and overall potential of our big men (Sweetney, Baker, Mohammed) these 3 are our biggest unknowns, after houston's knees of course ............ mabey ( hopefully) we don't need dampier after all .......... time will tell.