CP3 to LA Its Official

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
If Odom gets the amnesty dropped on him I'd love for him to be our 3/4 guy off the bench..........one can dream right

he has a team option next year, so no amnesty for him. But I dont see how New Orleans agreed to take Luis Scola and his contract (38 million owed for the next 4 years)......that's wuts fishy about this deal

KingCharles34

All Star
Cusegirl knows her facts. Green rep and welcome to knicksonline....the greatest knicks forum ever made. I put my life on that even though i aint suicidal, Cory Lidle, knicks about to win a title :gony:

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
So uhhh Deron Williams for 2012/2013?

no way Jersey lets him hop on the 3 train to the Garden lolllll.....if Dwight doesn't end up in LA, Dwight will probably get Williams to join him in Orlando.....but after all of Prokorov's bloviating, he's not gonna let D-Will (after giving up some pieces for him) come to the Garden

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
no way Jersey lets him hop on the 3 train to the Garden lolllll.....if Dwight doesn't end up in LA, Dwight will probably get Williams to join him in Orlando.....but after all of Prokorov's bloviating, he's not gonna let D-Will (after giving up some pieces for him) come to the Garden

But it won't be his choice once Free agency 2012 rolls around. Williams has already stated he wants to test the market.

And CP3 hasn't guaranteed an extension with LA has he? Are they just assuming he will sign an extension after playing a season with them and the prospect of getting Dwight Howard? Kind of risky.. what if CP3 just up and walks?

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
But it won't be his choice once Free agency 2012 rolls around. Williams has already stated he wants to test the market.

And CP3 hasn't guaranteed an extension with LA has he? Are they just assuming he will sign an extension after playing a season with them and the prospect of getting Dwight Howard? Kind of risky.. what if CP3 just up and walks?

I cannot believe even the Younger Buss would be dumb enuff to give away Pau and Odom without assurance that CP3 is re-signing/extending.

Wargames

Starter

I still think that the Hawks, Clippers, and Bulls all have a better chance at dwight than LA. Look at what LA gave up to get Paul. Do you really think Orlando is gonna to give up their Second Best Center ever (next to Shaq) to the same team that took their best center ever (shaq again) for injury prone Bynum???

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I still think that the Hawks, Clippers, and Bulls all have a better chance at dwight than LA. Look at what LA gave up to get Paul. Do you really think Orlando is gonna to give up their Second Best Center ever (next to Shaq) to the same team that took their best center ever (shaq again) for injury prone Bynum???

this is the NBA run by Stern.....Dwight isn't going to the Clippers. The Clippers are still not a franchise anyone wants to be associated with, sorta like the Knicks (altho we fans wouldn't admit it). Also, Stern is ok with owners who are in the black year after year after year. He doesn't need them to compete, he just cares if they're solvent. I have thought about the Hawks making a play, Dwight's hometown, they have Joe Johnson. But they dont strike me as a luxury tax paying team and they already have some shite contracts, you kno?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Damn.

I wanted this guy on our team.

He would've made us a lot better.. and obviously he's one of my favs.

f my life

maybe something unexpected will happen, maybe not..

KingCharles34

All Star
You might be in luck ron ron, sounds like the owners are having a word with Stern over the CP3 trade. I think it will still happen either way but most seem to disagree with me

The blockbuster Chris Paul trade is off, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. Other media outlets are now reporting that sources have confirmed that the trade is dead.

NBA owners have pushed David Stern to kill a proposed trade that would send Paul to the Lakers from the NBA-owned Hornets.

Owners were irate with Stern during Thursday's Board of Governors meeting.

Hornets' GM Dell Demps received pressure from the NBA to back out of the agreed-upon trade and keep Paul, say sources.

The Rockets were also involved in the trade that was agreed upon in principle. Pau Gasol would have gone to Houston, while Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom and Goran Dragic were set to be deal to the Hornets.

"WoW," wrote Chris Paul on Twitter as a response.

Paul will report for Hornets training camp on Friday.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...is_Paul_Trade_Deal_Could_Be_Off#ixzz1g04pjsMK

elcol

Rotation player
as starbury said, the nba voided the trade BECAUSE of the market reasons and they don't want to be blamed for upping the lakers for those marketing reasons.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
@ Ewing, They didn't they still have Bynum. Will he stay healthy is the question. Another thing they gave up Odom, which my opinion is HUGE. That's they're number 1 option off the bench. So versatile.

@ Prince, What's up kid. Long time. I'm also happy we didn't give up STAT.

I'm ready to go to war with this squad. Also I don't know if people know there still are other free agents in the market. If we don't get one, we can use the remaining money to round off this team with defensive and solid vets with young talent as well. Let's Go Knicks!

Chosen1 how you been bro. i been ok same old you know, feels great to be back on KO and posting i been gone for a while. these last 24 hours have been crazy. the knicks have a top Center...the KNICKS!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
FINALLY! Back at the orifice.

WoW indeed!

Not happening!

Forced to back out by the NBA? WTF is going on? They don't want players to dictate the terms of trades, clearly. But forcing the GM to rescind the deal as a matter of principal? Surely Stern and co. can't do that!? Even as owners, if you can really call them owners. With only 6 players on the roster, too. Man.

So is CP3 going to be the example of their new founded leverage? Does the bill stop there? He'll be the odd one out from all his superstar chums.

Now that the players have officially agreed to terms, CP3 has quickly become the first victim in the wake of the new CBA's 'take the power back regime'.

Where does it go from here?

Kiyaman

Legend
A 3 team trade for CP3, the small market owners yelling conflict to remind the NBA
their main job is to find a BUYER for the CP3-Hornets franchise, before the league
is minus a Hornets team, and "for basketball reasons" the 3 team trade for CP3
were terminated....LOL LOL Ha Ha Ha

GREAT media news to start the open day of the NBA.......

"When a team trade u and it dont go down....now what"
Odom twitter