Frustrated Billups Returns Home To Denver

nyk_nyk

All Star
According to Frank Isola, BILLUPS has returned to Denver without the team's permission. We seriously need to get this Chandler deal done and sign a PG tomorrow. Billups is now a disgruntled employee, which is toxic for a locker room.

Wargames

Starter
my guess is we told em to go home, i mean why have someone around who wont be there?

basically. If the knicks can they are gonna trade him if not he is amnestied and probably won't be able to join a team for a few days.

I feel bad for him but we did re-up his 14 million so I don't feel too bad.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
exactly once the NBA is open for business at 2. you'll see billups released and Chandler signed by Saturday so im sure Knicks brass knows Billups is returning to denver. ima miss him but i think our team is looking great right now

CA7

Scoring Champ
I feel bad for him he's a great leader, talent and person and NBA teams are passing him around like a village whore I mean I know its a business but man this guy was in the perfect situation he was gonna finish his career in Denver and then become an assistant and be able to watch his girls grow up in the city he knows and loves and now he'll be stuck in city he doesn't wanna be in.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's gotta be hard to be such an accomplished player and be amnestied when you feel you have enough left to really contribute. He could well be the first.

$14M is $14M, but for pride to be the chief cause of his disdain says to me, 'it's not about the money to Chauncey'. He'll rue the day Carmelo forced his way out of Denver.

Fair enough, too.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Hate to see Billups go. Must be frustrating to be trade bait almost every season. He must be the only Finals MVP to play for soooo many teams.

Wargames

Starter
I was sleeping and woke up with a crazy idea what if Billups knows denver will claim him of waivers because the Knicks worked it out with the nuggets the exact time he will be posted so they can claim him first.

In return the nuggets take turiaf and give the Knicks the right the Wilson Chandler that won't count against the cap until the knicks buy him back from China.

Yeah the nuggets have Andre miller but Billups was a home town favorite who would play there and transition to the Nuggets FO like Houston did for us. They would love to have the hometown hero to help generate ticket sales for the meanwhile as they go through the transition of being a non playoff team.

Crazy⑧s;188430 said:
:alert:OMG. NO!:alert:

Why not? He was a seriously improved playmaker in his last season for Philly (09-10), still no Nash or Kidd, but a great option for the vet's minimum and certainly better than Bsron Davis!

I mean we're talkin bout Baron Davis! Steve Francis (I'll shoot 10 threes a game) all over again....no thanks.

I'd prefer the Answer over Davis all day, not to mention that A.I. is my favourite non-Knick.

mafra

Legend
I hope we inculde Billups in a sign-&-trade to DAL. Would like to hold on to our amnesty provision, and use on something beyond just dumping a 1 year expiring contract.

Would CB redo his contract to stay here?