The Official Welcome Tyson Chandler Thread

mafra

Legend
Apparently, DAL just sent the trade exemption we gave them to LAK for L-Odom.

(Rotoworld)

The Lakers will trade Lamar Odom to the Mavs for a trade exception according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

We're waiting to see the other shoe drop here, but it could be the case that the Lakers are clearing cap space to sign Dwight Howard. Odom lands in a pretty favorable situation in Dallas, where Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion are the only sure bets in the frontcourt, and Marion concerns us on the injury front. As it stands, Odom looks like a decent value as a sixth or seventh round pick.

iJoe

Rotation player
I'm honestly torn.... I'll sum it up quick

I love Tyson Chandler....
I hate HATE how much we paid for the guy....

He earned a huge payday against Miami who doesn't have any legit big man to match up against him. Don't get me wrong... Tyson is a great player, but I'm afraid we overpaid big time.... yet again.... he would never have gotten anywhere close to this deal a year or two ago.

TakMan

Rotation player
Anyone know much about these 2 guys we got along w/ Tyson? Nivins & some pretzel dude?

Hello mate, and greetings again to everyone on here.

So following a good few months of hibernation it would appear as if we're acquiring months worth of updates in the space of a few seconds. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it, though I will say that it's taking time to sink in.

Right to answer your query Mafra: Printezis will never put on a knicks shirt; well he may have one at home and wear it when he's out and about but he will never step on the court to play for the Knicks. I live in Greece and have watched him play for olympiakos. He's not a contender in the Greek league let alone being able to put on a Knicks jersey in the NBA. He's also not that young (26) and therefore not worth even attempting to develop. I know nothing about the first but I do hope he's a good deal better than Printezis.

Also I can't help but express my disappointment at losing Billups. He offered this team a much needed winning mentality and -as I'm sure Trillion will agree- was by far the best PG we've had in a while. Only way I can feel better about this is if the Knicks get Baron Davis.

Finally: Tyson Chandler. **** yeah.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Good player at a very bad price. Let's hope he doesn't become a lazy high paid one time champion center. Wouldn't be the first time.

mafra

Legend
Hello mate, and greetings again to everyone on here.

So following a good few months of hibernation it would appear as if we're acquiring months worth of updates in the space of a few seconds. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it, though I will say that it's taking time to sink in.

Right to answer your query Mafra: Printezis will never put on a knicks shirt; well he may have one at home and wear it when he's out and about but he will never step on the court to play for the Knicks. I live in Greece and have watched him play for olympiakos. He's not a contender in the Greek league let alone being able to put on a Knicks jersey in the NBA. He's also not that young (26) and therefore not worth even attempting to develop. I know nothing about the first but I do hope he's a good deal better than Printezis.

Also I can't help but express my disappointment at losing Billups. He offered this team a much needed winning mentality and -as I'm sure Trillion will agree- was by far the best PG we've had in a while. Only way I can feel better about this is if the Knicks get Baron Davis.

Finally: Tyson Chandler. **** yeah.

Hey man! Thanks alot for the intel. A quick google search on Nivins just says that he was a PF & star in the Atlantic-12 league (St Joseph). Drafted in 2009. I sort of recall St Jo making a run in the NCAAs that year? Dude is 6"9' & 245. Probably nothing here though.

Anyway, I moved to DAL 6 years ago. I was able to witness firsthand the impact Tyson Chandler had here on the Mavs (a team ousted in the 1st round like 3 years in a row, right). We all saw what he did in the Finals against the heat.

1) NO WAY I would have given this guy 80-100 million, as was the talk about what it might take to retain him (thinking somebody might overpay). I thought getting TC in the 30-50 range made TOTAL SENSE. If you had to go up to 50-70 range, well it better be closer to 60 for me to stomach it. Knicks did just that. 58 mil right? Sure, cheaper would have been wiser, but we didn't blow up the vault. Paying 3 mil for a year than necessary is worth it.

2) The dude will not relent. He's not Curry. He loves BBALL. Loves to compete. Is a leader. Very competitive. He was on the Olympic team (so D'anotnin knows him. He's not content to have a ring & lots of cash... He wants multiple rings.

3) He's the 2nd best C in NBA. If you cannot get Dwight Howard, then he's the next best thing. With Amar'e & Carmelo, TC is an absolute must have. A clog in the lane, interior presence, man of the paint. Block shots, rebound, gets 10 points a night without needing the ball. Runs the floor. This allows Amar'e to guard PF, not C. This saves STAT. Amar'e was at his best when he played PF for us.

4) Would it have been better not to pick up CB's option and make a run at Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan? Or wait until next year & hope RFA Javon Mcgee lands in our laps? Perhaps. But no certainty there. We know we have our C now. All we have left is rounding out the roster (PG, sniper, 6th man, bench).

5) I like Billups. We saw in Game 1 vs BOS how crucial he was, & how important it is to have the ball in the PGs hands... letting that guy determine who gets the ball (Stat or 'Melo). Billups for 66 games & playoffs would have been fine. Or, he could have got hurt again. Sure, TC is a health risk. But he's younger, in his prime, and we control him for what? 4 years. Billups is on his last legs.

6) Billups & Jeffries/Turiaf doesn't beat the Heat. Chandler & Douglas/Bibby might not do it either, but it's certainly better than the former option. You need BIGS to beat MIA.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hey man! Thanks alot for the intel. A quick google search on Nivins just says that he was a PF & star in the Atlantic-12 league (St Joseph). Drafted in 2009. I sort of recall St Jo making a run in the NCAAs that year? Dude is 6"9' & 245. Probably nothing here though.

Anyway, I moved to DAL 6 years ago. I was able to witness firsthand the impact Tyson Chandler had here on the Mavs (a team ousted in the 1st round like 3 years in a row, right). We all saw what he did in the Finals against the heat.

1) NO WAY I would have given this guy 80-100 million, as was the talk about what it might take to retain him (thinking somebody might overpay). I thought getting TC in the 30-50 range made TOTAL SENSE. If you had to go up to 50-70 range, well it better be closer to 60 for me to stomach it. Knicks did just that. 58 mil right? Sure, cheaper would have been wiser, but we didn't blow up the vault. Paying 3 mil for a year than necessary is worth it.

2) The dude will not relent. He's not Curry. He loves BBALL. Loves to compete. Is a leader. Very competitive. He was on the Olympic team (so D'anotnin knows him. He's not content to have a ring & lots of cash... He wants multiple rings.

3) He's the 2nd best C in NBA. If you cannot get Dwight Howard, then he's the next best thing. With Amar'e & Carmelo, TC is an absolute must have. A clog in the lane, interior presence, man of the paint. Block shots, rebound, gets 10 points a night without needing the ball. Runs the floor. This allows Amar'e to guard PF, not C. This saves STAT. Amar'e was at his best when he played PF for us.

4) Would it have been better not to pick up CB's option and make a run at Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan? Or wait until next year & hope RFA Javon Mcgee lands in our laps? Perhaps. But no certainty there. We know we have our C now. All we have left is rounding out the roster (PG, sniper, 6th man, bench).

5) I like Billups. We saw in Game 1 vs BOS how crucial he was, & how important it is to have the ball in the PGs hands... letting that guy determine who gets the ball (Stat or 'Melo). Billups for 66 games & playoffs would have been fine. Or, he could have got hurt again. Sure, TC is a health risk. But he's younger, in his prime, and we control him for what? 4 years. Billups is on his last legs.

6) Billups & Jeffries/Turiaf doesn't beat the Heat. Chandler & Douglas/Bibby might not do it either, but it's certainly better than the former option. You need BIGS to beat MIA.

We're gonna find a guard real soon to run D'Antoni's offense, Sessions/Maynor/Dragic/Augustine lots of guys we can get before the deadline but you gotta be crazy to have a shot at the 2nd best Center in the League to pair with a top 3 SF and top 3 PF.