Arenas

KingCharles34

All Star
He started to show small signs of life in the playoffs but he probably is done or close too it. Either way he has at least moderate mental issues if not severe, he might be right on that edge. The only way he might be worth it is if nobody signs him and we sign him for the minimum, 1 year. If hes a problem then waive him. At the end of the day i think theres better options but who knows, if he worked really hard he might be worth it for some teams.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
He just cleared waivers and at 29 could potentially have a few years left in the tank. I think a small contract is worth the risk since the reward could be potentially so great. If Arenas could play up to 3/4's of his peak he could be the piece to push us over the top towards a ring.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
He just cleared waivers and at 29 could potentially have a few years left in the tank. I think a small contract is worth the risk since the reward could be potentially so great. If Arenas could play up to 3/4's of his peak he could be the piece to push us over the top towards a ring.

That's being optimistic. His knee injuries have destroyed his athleticism, so now he can't score as well as he used to (which wasn't even that efficient then). He still shoots like he is a #1 option too.

tiger0330

Legend
God no, he had his best years when he could dominate the ball. We need distributors, defenders and lunch pail guys not washed up volume shooters like Arenas.

I'd rather have him on the cheap than Crawford, but def not both of them. I'm sure he has something left in the tank.
You would take Arenas over Crawford? I'm not too big on Crawford but even I got admit that's ludicrous. Look at Gilbert's stats with the magic, dude was one of the worst players in the whole league last year. Plus he's a headcase.

MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
21.6 0.344 0.275 0.744 0.3 2.1 2.4 3.2 0.9 0.2 2.16 2.29 8.0

Paul1355

All Star
Too much Starbury over him. He brings nothing but drama--which we don't need I might add.
haha lmao

true

Arenas is such a dissapointment

He was a great player that was guranteed to kill you in the clutch, what a turn around.

I don't want him or his lazy attitude. And bringing guns to the NYC lockerroom will be the best story of the year, wouldn't it?

SMH

I'm even hesitant about Baron Davis, let alone Arenas.

Hells to the No. unless you wanna gym bag full of guns and human bobble head of ego ruining our locker room that hasnt even had a chance to gel yet. Id rather have Snookie running the point..

shaolin

Benchwarmer
you got to be kidding me. :td:

What's up with the fans in this forum looking for any back-in-the-day stat whores who were never teammates, but highlight reels. We have two players that can score and TD who can shoot. How many more chuckers will no PG skills do we need? I wouldn't take Arenas in his hey-day and I most definitely wouldn't take him now, even for cents on the dollar.

I would take Sessions or Nash, whenever they are available. The PG is a very important position, especially for us. I want a point that would make Stat and Melo more dangerous, not less efficient. Think in those terms.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I can't believe Arenas still isn't with a team right now........ I guess people are tired of his off court antics. Contenders see him as a bad locker room guy. If I were him I'd prove everybody wrong and show that I can be motivated and serious about staying in the NBA.

He's not that old and can be an instant scorer off the bench like Jamal Crawford. I'd take a chance on him right now with the way TD has been playing. They're basically the same player with Arenas being a better passer.

Whatcha guys think?

gilbert_arenas.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Idk, such a headcase....like, well beyond Spreewell-esque sorta issues.

Then again, he isn't that far removed from 20+ppg seasons, even with injuries, so if he's healthy....

I'd rather just wait for The Baron to play, and see what's what; especially with Shumpert's emergence, and while we continue to see what Fields can do this year.

This way, we can also ideally have Douglas play that off the bench combo guard scorer role.

Arenas used to be real, real nasty, though. Maybe the original breed of that type of PG.