Anyone else confident in Toney Douglas as our PG?

T.Doug deserves a shot. He's energetic, has what we need in Defense and can shoot the 3 ball. All he needs to do is work on his passing and vision...which should improve with minutes. He just needs quality time with the starters so he can feel them out...

DrB

Benchwarmer
Douglas

I feel the EXACT same way bro, ppl tend to forget how well TD play as starting PG when Billups first got injured. I say give Toney the keys and lets see if it works out.

A little review here might be in order. When Billips arrived we saw shades of his best play but it was short lived with multiple injuries especially down the stretch when we needed him. Then Toney Douglas filled in well in 4 out the 6 games he started but, in the playoffs we saw how out classed he was against RONDO. I still believe he has earned a chance to start and if he can learn to execute the "PICK AND ROLL" with Amare ala Nash that will seal the deal as to his worth. If he can't trust me Bibby can and will. We do not need scoring out of the PG. We need him to see the floor...get 7-10 assists and hit an open 3 to keep the defense from collasping. Certainly getting Chandler was the missing key. All else is fixable.

Last edited:

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
All that TD has to do is push the rock, limit stupid turnovers and play some solid defense, he is very capable!:afro:

quiggle

Starter
it's pretty clear to me that the Knicks want to develop douglas so he can increase his trade value. its a little delusional some of you think he is the point guard of this team for years to come. i wouldnt be surprised that this is his last season with the Knicks.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
it's pretty clear to me that the Knicks want to develop douglas so he can increase his trade value. its a little delusional some of you think he is the point guard of this team for years to come. i wouldnt be surprised that this is his last season with the Knicks.

I agree with you Quiqqle 100%. This guy is not a Knicks starting guard. Anyone who watched the Offs last year can see that. Even though the guy was hurt he gives you 0 in terms of keeping the flow / pace and getting the ball to the right people when they are in the right spot. Its like trying to fit a square peg in a circle hole or what ever the saying is!!

p0nder

Starter
T.Douggie is not my first choice for PG of the knicks going forward. He's an undersized SG/combo guard and does not posses the necessary play making abilities to succeed as the knicks starting PG. The sooner we can trade him the better.

I would love for him to prove me wrong, but we've watched him for 2 solid years and he hasn't proven that he can handle the knicks passing duties. go back and watch him from last season and you'll see how stagnant the offense was with him on the floor. He's good on defense but we need a playmaker.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I agree with you Quiqqle 100%. This guy is not a Knicks starting guard. Anyone who watched the Offs last year can see that. Even though the guy was hurt he gives you 0 in terms of keeping the flow / pace and getting the ball to the right people when they are in the right spot. Its like trying to fit a square peg in a circle hole or what ever the saying is!!

He doesn't have to be a starter to make it on this team. I doubt he'd be a starter on any team. He is a perfect bench player. Energetic, good perimeter defender, can fill in multiple roles depending on who just came off the court, and has a really good three point shot.

He lacks PG skills, and is too short to be a SG, but I really don't think they should trade him. We can't keep trading away good role players like him or else this team will never have any depth.

quiggle

Starter
honestly I dont know how he can be a point guard, when watching some of his interviews he doesnt articulate himself well and thats pretty critical being the floor leader.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
He doesn't have to be a starter to make it on this team. I doubt he'd be a starter on any team. He is a perfect bench player. Energetic, good perimeter defender, can fill in multiple roles depending on who just came off the court, and has a really good three point shot.

He lacks PG skills, and is too short to be a SG, but I really don't think they should trade him. We can't keep trading away good role players like him or else this team will never have any depth.

You are right he is a great combo guard off the bench. I do not want him taking minutes from Shump. Shump has more of an upside and TDoug might be are only way of adding quality depth at the 4 or 5.

nyk_nyk

All Star
honestly I dont know how he can be a point guard, when watching some of his interviews he doesnt articulate himself well and thats pretty critical being the floor leader.

Being well-spoken and playing basketball have nothing to do with each other. What the hell are you talking about???

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Toney speaks better than most of NBA players, at least he doesn't put "you know" in every sentence, actually the only player that is well-spoken and doesn't talk any hood slang is Steve Nash...

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
Toney speaks better than most of NBA players, at least he doesn't put "you know" in every sentence, actually the only player that is well-spoken and doesn't talk any hood slang is Steve Nash...

Say WHAT?!?:alert:[i am Black by the way, and i call BS, Grant Hill and almost every other black Duke player, etc,...among others!] also, if the GREAT Steve Nash was from South Boston, or, Charlestown, Ma, he would talk "hood slang", Peace!

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, maybe that's an inappropriate term, however most of NBA players doesn't use any of standard American dialects and I suppose that is because most of them grew up in so called "hoods" and due to their talent never really got the chance to follow mainstream education.

KingCharles34

All Star
Dogs who gives a fukk about how basketball players talk and dress? I dont think about what they do off the basketball court, all that counts is what they do on the court.