Bring Back Felton and it's a wrap

New New York

Quiet Storm
Yes for the first time in 5 years or so the focus has not been on next off season, but now, yet....you can't help but think about what we can do with a full MLE next off season.

At first glance people may want to finally reunite Nash and Dantoni (assuming he is does not get...well you know) but Nash will be like 38 or so and while I do not doubt he will stay play top notch ball, he is obviously not a long term solution

so I propose we bring back Felton,like Nash he is familar with Amare, but Nash has not played with Chandler Raymond has, also Raymond has thrived playing run and gun Dantoni ball and hard nosed Larry Brown type ball which is good if Mike is coach next year or when Dantoni is....well you know and a more defensive minded coach is brought back!

Plus if Shump does what I expect of him he will be starting over Feilds come the start of next year and he (Felton) and Shump in the backcourt would be serious defensively.

Felton
Shump
Melo
Stat
Chandler

sure Mia will call, but like I said Raymond was teamates with two of our starters (as well as friends off the court with both of them) and all jokes aside if Dantoni is back next year you gotta believe Raymond would take a deal over Mia. simpily because of how well he did in Mike D's offense,especially if it is for the same exact dollar amount, this time he would get a 4 or 5 year deal and we could even throw in a no trade clause for 2 years so he knows he has a stable home.

re-sign Toney and Feilds and this is now looking like a real team here!!!

Thoughts!?

smokes

Huge Member
I like it but we'll have to see how our guard spots sure up over the next season. Really depends whether one of our young guys develop into a legit 1 or 2. Next year is a long way away!

iSaYughh

Starter
Idk if Raymondo would take the MLE, I'd say it depends on this season with the Nuggets -- surely, if Lawson steals all the limelight, and/or Felton has a sub-par season...it is possible.

But lezbehonest. Nash would probably still be the ultimate, even at that age.

His court vision, passing skills, selfless distribution, and shooting accuracy...are a match made in heaven. Nash would never have had the talent that he would have with us.

He's 38, but how old is Kidd? I don't see Nash slowing down with his 3pt range, shooting accuracy, and savvy court vision and selfless distribution skills.

CP3 Light.

We have a full season of Shumpert, Douglas, and perhaps Barea to enjoy before even considering this, too :gony:

skisloper

Starter
Safe Bet if we sign JJ....then there is no need to have Bibby, JJ, Douglas, Schumpert and fields....

I expect a trade for a better shooting guard.....

could see schumpert and Douglas traded.

iSaYughh

Starter
Safe Bet if we sign JJ....then there is no need to have Bibby, JJ, Douglas, Schumpert and fields....

I expect a trade for a better shooting guard.....

could see schumpert and Douglas traded.

Agreed.

The great thing about our work in progress backcourt...is that we have the assets (and looming MLE) to really refine it as the season progresses.

Spend this season gaining more information on our team's overall strength, and the players we have, and we're a shrewd move or two away from being "complete".

smokes

Huge Member
Idk if Raymondo would take the MLE, I'd say it depends on this season with the Nuggets -- surely, if Lawson steals all the limelight, and/or Felton has a sub-par season...it is possible.

But lezbehonest. Nash would probably still be the ultimate, even at that age.

His court vision, passing skills, selfless distribution, and shooting accuracy...are a match made in heaven. Nash would never have had the talent that he would have with us.

He's 38, but how old is Kidd? I don't see Nash slowing down with his 3pt range, shooting accuracy, and savvy court vision and selfless distribution skills.

CP3 Light.

We have a full season of Shumpert, Douglas, and perhaps Barea to enjoy before even considering this, too :gony:

Felton is on the Blazers mate ;)

Barring contract restructuring and signing CP3 it all comes down to what position we need to improve the most. If Douglas/Shumpert/Fields/Barea(?) grow into a nice role then we can improve whatever is lacking.

I'd be ok with Nash for 25 minutes per game wouldn't want him playing 35 with his lack of defense.

iSaYughh

Starter
Felton is on the Blazers mate ;)

Barring contract restructuring and signing CP3 it all comes down to what position we need to improve the most. If Douglas/Shumpert/Fields/Barea(?) grow into a nice role then we can improve whatever is lacking.

I'd be ok with Nash for 25 minutes per game wouldn't want him playing 35 with his lack of defense.

Self Pwned. hard. So bad I won't even bother to ninja edit. ;)

edit -- even a day after the trade happened, i always have thought it was such an even wash type deal, I haven't accepted Felton isn't still a Nugget traded by us for Melo, and Miller isn't still a Blazer, lol....smh@myself.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Felton was kind of pissed at the Knicks for trading him after he took less money and years on a contract to play in New York. He might not come here on that reason alone. Would love to have him back though.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Felton is a free agent next year. With all the uncertainty surrounding the Blazers, I think Ray Ray would bolt from there and look to play elsewhere. Knicks should go hard for this guy next year! He's the missing piece to this championship puzzle. Great defense, capable passer (averaged 9.0 assists w/ the Knicks), another good floor leader.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
And that's why I didn't understand why did Denver want to make the melodrama bigger and bigger back in February? They intentionally added Chauncey to the mix and we had to respond making Ray a part of that deal. Of course, we didn't know we will chase Tyson this offseason, but we could make that three team deal simple. Besides of our "old-new" Knick fellow Balkman, who's under binding contract we didn't keep any of the trash players until today, even Billups who was no trash player but a valuable addition has been traded.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Felton was kind of pissed at the Knicks for trading him after he took less money and years on a contract to play in New York. He might not come here on that reason alone. Would love to have him back though.

As was Gallo, but if given a chance he'd come back, again the importance of having Amare and Chandler to make the peace with he and the organization.

Plus like I said we could throw in a no trade clause to give security

He did take less money to come here but had him really pissed was he liked NY. he said in an interview he knew it might be just a 2 year lease and he could be just showcasing himself, so while I agree he was shocked, he would give serious consideration to it...it really is the best place for him!!!

I would start communicating with his agent now

Paul1355

All Star
Yes for the first time in 5 years or so the focus has not been on next off season, but now, yet....you can't help but think about what we can do with a full MLE next off season.

At first glance people may want to finally reunite Nash and Dantoni (assuming he is does not get...well you know) but Nash will be like 38 or so and while I do not doubt he will stay play top notch ball, he is obviously not a long term solution

so I propose we bring back Felton,like Nash he is familar with Amare, but Nash has not played with Chandler Raymond has, also Raymond has thrived playing run and gun Dantoni ball and hard nosed Larry Brown type ball which is good if Mike is coach next year or when Dantoni is....well you know and a more defensive minded coach is brought back!

Plus if Shump does what I expect of him he will be starting over Feilds come the start of next year and he (Felton) and Shump in the backcourt would be serious defensively.

Felton
Shump
Melo
Stat
Chandler

sure Mia will call, but like I said Raymond was teamates with two of our starters (as well as friends off the court with both of them) and all jokes aside if Dantoni is back next year you gotta believe Raymond would take a deal over Mia. simpily because of how well he did in Mike D's offense,especially if it is for the same exact dollar amount, this time he would get a 4 or 5 year deal and we could even throw in a no trade clause for 2 years so he knows he has a stable home.

re-sign Toney and Feilds and this is now looking like a real team here!!!

Thoughts!?

Felton hustles and can score but the dude cant distribute and couldnt work a simple pick and roll with Amare which = FAIL

Barea is better option right now.

Let Felton stay in Portland, he is a good fit there.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton couldn't run the pick and roll with Amar'e.

The pick and roll is one of the most basic plays in basketball.

I like the dude but I don't think see how he'd be better than Steve Nash, who is a better passer and a MUCH better shooter. Steve Nash could run an offense in his 50's if he tried.

mafra

Legend
I say bring in NASH & Camby next year, & hope Crawford returns on the cheap this year.

Nash (Douglas, Shumpert)
Crawford (Fields, Walker)
Anthony (Shawne Williams, Derrick Brown)
Amar'e (Jordan, Joorts)
Chandler (Camby)

This could win a title.. no?

Forrest17

Rotation player
I didn't like felton.. People say that Jamal Crawford was a chucker.. Felton was one if not worse.. It drove me absolutely crazy when he would throw up these shots that he had zero chance of making... especially because of how bad our rebounding was it was almost always a wasted possession. He can't run the pick and roll, he put up points but I want a good passer that can score not a scorer that can't pass at pg.

Sage

Rotation player
I didn't mind Felton when he was here but I think we can (and have) done better. He was definitely a low percentage shooter (as in, he would take hard to make shots), even his game-winner against the raptors was a chuck.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Trading Shumpert would be a collosal mistake

Future Hall of Famer.

You chumps would be trading him for a journeyman.

Dumb asses.

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
Future Hall of Famer.

You chumps would be trading him for a journeyman.

Dumb asses.

2010-11 Knicks backcourt combinations
Combination MIN Pace OffRtg DefRtg NetRtg +/-
Felton & Fields 1,428 99.0 110.9 108.6 +2.3 +33
Douglas & Fields 835 97.1 112.8 105.2 +7.6 +131
Felton & Douglas 672 99.5 101.2 104.6 -3.4 -49
Billups & Fields 417 99.4 105.6 109.8 -4.2 -34
Billups & Douglas 225 98.1 113.1 115.2 -2.1 +4
Pace = Possessions per 48 minutes
OffRtg = Points scored per 100 possessions
DefRtg = Points allowed per 100 possessions......As i posted before, all that you need to know about Felton, he wanted to be the teams second leading scorer, BAD!:afro: