STAT N MELO Talkim bout defense...Who's more likely to step up?

???

• Melo by default, Amare's knees will give out by January

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

KingCharles34

All Star
Somebody please correct me if Im wrong but most hispanic/latino heritages dont refer to themselves as being black. Some that I have known find this type of thinking offensive

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Somebody please correct me if Im wrong but most hispanic/latino heritages dont refer to themselves as being black. Some that I have known find this type of thinking offensive
Why?

Back in eighth grade I thought my friend was black even though he's Puerto Rican and Italian. He's not that dark or anything, I just assumed anybody who had brown skin was black lol (aside from Native Americans, Mexicans, etc.).

KingCharles34

All Star
Why?

Back in eighth grade I thought my friend was black even though he's Puerto Rican and Italian. He's not that dark or anything, I just assumed anybody who had brown skin was black lol (aside from Native Americans, Mexicans, etc.).

I think its a cultural respect type of thing, and a respect of cultural differences. I have a friend thats Dominican and alotta Americans tend to group Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. together which isnt really right. Theres alotta differences and I respect that but at the end of the day unfortunately alotta this stuff just divides people. We're all part of the human race and in no way am I blaming any of the races for that, if anything i would blame the european whites and american whites that tried to convince the world that anybody without white skin is not equal. There were many whites that stood against this type of thinking too

*edit*

Another example is how some Americans group the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. together

I wonder if theres people in other parts of the world that group Italians, Irish, Jews, etc. together

I hate nationalism

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think its a cultural respect type of thing, and a respect of cultural differences. I have a friend thats Dominican and alotta Americans tend to group Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. together which isnt really right. Theres alotta differences and I respect that but at the end of the day unfortunately alotta this stuff just divides people. We're all part of the human race and in no way am I blaming any of the races for that, if anything i would blame the european whites and american whites that tried to convince the world that anybody without white skin is not equal. There were many whites that stood against this type of thinking too

*edit*

Another example is how some Americans group the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. together

I wonder if theres people in other parts of the world that group Italians, Irish, Jews, etc. together

I hate nationalism
Understandable. Though I don't think they should be offended if the other person isn't marking down somebody in an important document or something as an ethnicity they're not.

My teacher last semester said it best, if you've been here a few years, you're American or whatever country you've been in a long time.

My problem with a lot of people is they show so much love for other countries when they're barely ever there, and some of those countries they're supporting they hated their living situation so much they left illegally. What's up with that? America is diverse, but show love for America too.

KingCharles34

All Star
^ I agree completely

People look really dumb when they hate America and live in it at the same time. I mean, i dont love this country but I dont hate it. It could be better but at least we dont have tanks driving down streets blowing things up

And Im part Italian but Italians can be some of the worst with nationalism. They think "Im Italian so Im better then you" Fukk outta here with that :barf:

Irish people too, every race of people actually has their group of people that claim there race is superior to others

But back to Lala, Id let her sit on my face anytime :thumbsup:

Even if it was that time of the month :cool: