Davis Likely To Be Amnestied, End Up With Knicks

Paul1355

All Star
Dec 12, 2011 1:35 PM EST
Davis_Baron_cle_110725a.jpg

While Baron Davis has left Cleveland to have his back examined, a source says it is likely that he is amnestied by the Cavaliers and that he ends up signing with the Knicks.

But Davis may not be available to play for a while due to his bad back.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports (via TwitteR)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Be_Amnestied_End_Up_With_Knicks#ixzz1gLcKe7og

I understand picking up a veteran like him but why would you risk a roster spot knowing he has back issues?

i like the idea of davis but if he has health issues then we dont need him taking away minutes from TD, Bibby and Shumpert

Forrest17

Rotation player
i like the idea of davis but if he has health issues then we dont need him taking away minutes from TD, Bibby and Shumpert

I have a feeling that this might not be 100% true.. In order for him to sign with the Knicks even if he is amnestied teams under the cap can claim him off waivers.. If no one does THEN he can sign where he wants.. I don't think that this is a fake injury so that the cavs won't want him anymore, I think they were going to waive him regardless, but I think this might be so that no one under the cap will jump on the chance to claim him off waivers

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Oh let's not bring his back issues or player development into this. Let's get our championship goals rolling. The young guys will get their day, and maybe soon.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
At worst Baron is a mentor for TD and Shumpert - as much as it's true that Baron isn't much of a superstar, he's still got much better PG skills than those two.

Look at how great Darren Collison was playing when he had Chris Paul mentoring him from the bench.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
At worst Baron is a mentor for TD and Shumpert - as much as it's true that Baron isn't much of a superstar, he's still got much better PG skills than those two.

Look at how great Darren Collison was playing when he had Chris Paul mentoring him from the bench.
And the Cavs actually won some big games with him.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Baron can still ball. I was at the Clips/Knicks game last year, and he was pretty impressive. I me we have swiss cheese D, but he could get to the rim when he wanted.

I think, like others have said, he needs to be motivated. I'd rather have him than Bibby, any day.

3:42 PM, December 12, 2011
[/URL]By MARC BERMAN

The Knicks' interest in Cavaliers point guard Baron Davis could be tempered by a revelation that his recent back injury could be more serious than previously thought.
CBSSports.com reports Davis, who hurt his back at the beginning of training camp, is seeking a second opinion on the injury. The Cavaliers belief after Davis' physical is the back issue could keep him out weeks.

Davis wants to play in New York if he becomes an amnesty free agent but the Cavs are waiting before making the decision. The amnesty process is complicated and teams under the salary cap put in bids for Davis' services, meaning he can't initially pick his own destination.
The Knicks are over the salary cap and must wait to see if Davis is claimed

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knick...ck_issue_FiNykzxH3jNhqSe2AlrsxM#ixzz1gO84iGOV
Damn... It looks like his back injury is worse than we thought.

paris401

Starter
I think, like others have said, he needs to be motivated. I'd rather have him than Bibby, any day.

how much more $$$ do u need to pay him over the 14m to get him motivated....

i can't believe these comments...

do we really want a player like this...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
how much more $$$ do u need to pay him over the 14m to get him motivated....

i can't believe these comments...

do we really want a player like this...
I'm a fan of Davis, but I agree with your thinking. If you want him (me), than want him to help our team. Don't have the mindset that he's unmotivated a lot and sound like you're ok with it.

paris401

Starter
this fat-ass has been on a number of teams.. unmotivated... 14m and his ass needs tobe kissed..fuk-him...

i'd live n die with toney.. at least u know u are getting 100% of what he has...

same thing with bibby, never heard anyone say he doesn't give his all every nite..

fuk baron...