Why NoT Get The Mailman??

Why wont isiah just sigh the mailman hes a food foward and can help us our and show leadership and experience & help sweets develop and score at same time.

starpula

Benchwarmer
If he comes back it's going to be to a team with a better shot at the title. Even the most ardent Knick fan has to know that Miami (with a healthy Shaq), Spurs and T-Wolves have a better shot at the title. Then again, whoda think Detroit would win it last year?

newmove

Rotation player
Mailman?! No way! He's too old and he's injuried plus his attitude turned out to be f'ed up, he's a bandwagon. We don't need that guy. Definitely.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
hes not worth sigining....he cant keep up with marbury and crawford and the fast pase they going to have....he also is not agressive...we dont need another forward that like to shoot the jumpshot

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
the lack of knowledge about Malone in this topic is laughable. But anyways addressing the issue of where he will end up, it's the Lakers. His kids are already enrolled in school in LA and Shaq said that Malone's staying put.

1s1ah

Rookie
I don't think Isiah would want Malone. Isiah still wears the scar above his eye where Malone elbow smashed him on a drive because Isiah was making Stockton look foolish.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Yo I know Malone is not playing a quarter as well as he used to, but he still a big dude that puts some work inside and got great passing and I say if Isiah can sign him for the PEANUTS he is getting paid at the current time, I say DO IT.

starpula

Benchwarmer
"I don't think Isiah would want Malone. Isiah still wears the scar above his eye where Malone elbow smashed him on a drive because Isiah was making Stockton look foolish."

That would be a reason for us to get him. Imagine Spreewell running his mouth in MSG again, or Collins taking out Thomas. Malone isn't afraid to step up to them. With that said, I don;t think he`s going to come here.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Mailman has stopped delivering! Why anyone would sign a guy so past his prime, is totally beyond me. If he came here, would he want to be the first or second option? That's not a realistic option for him or us. He's trying to become the all-time points leader. He won't do that with the Knicks. Plus this team is built towards fastbreaks and transition defense. He can't run with Starbury, JC, T-Duece (My nickname for Tim Thomas, Holla at ya boy Tim!), Azaria, JYD. This team is built for speed!

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Addressing Malone's speed. With the Lakers, he was the first on the break, ahead of GP and Kobe. So, he's a lot faster than most think.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I'm not really sure if I want to see the Knicks become a running team instead of a half court team. I think they should fix the defense first, then think about offense. I think we have enough offensive talent that scoring points shouldn't be a problem, but think about it what is the point of scoring if you can't stop the other team from doing the same. Sure don't wanna see the Knicks start playing like Dallas. Hey it sure worked for Detroit !!!

The Knicks neither have the money for the Mailman nor the even odds chance of winning a championship that would allow Karl to forsake the money.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Malone is staying around for two reasons: Win a ring and become the scoring leader in NBA. He won't do either with the Knicks this year. As well, with the knee issues, is this really on any Knicks fan's wishlist? I think the reason why Malone is balking at offers is that he is unsure if he can contribute in the shape that he's in right now.

1s1ah

Rookie
starpula said:
That would be a reason for us to get him. Imagine Spreewell running his mouth in MSG again, or Collins taking out Thomas. Malone isn't afraid to step up to them. With that said, I don;t think he`s going to come here.

Actually "The Failman" is quite known for primarily going after players smaller than him. IMO he's a cowardess cheapshot artsit and I hope he never gets a ring.

dacash

Benchwarmer
mail man no thanks past his prime. we need to stop reaching for any player out there and get someone that fits the system that wilkens ans thomas are trying to build