CP3 to clips.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
It might seem like it but, Kamans contract is expiring, eric gordon is good but he is not the game changer that CP3 is. Sure, draft picks are great, but here is the thing

THey have blake griffin. They don't want to loose blake griffin. They need to start winning now, and keep him happy.. And with Chris Paul, they are a better team than they were yesterday. Plus they have a few too many pgs, they can make some trades and make their team even better.

THey had enough young talent already, they need some experience if they want to get anywhere and they got it. Those other things they gave up to get him are replaceable, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul aren't. Also, they can offer them both a lot more money if they resign there than if they leave during free agency, and now for free agents to sign there, with both those guys that team almost looks better than the Lakers atm without phil jackson.

All of that being said, Jack, Gordon, Ariza, Kaman, and Okafor isn't exactly a terrible starting 5...add in Landry and Belinelli off the bench and....that might be a playoff team. They just need a backup PG.

Edit: My bad, Landry isn't there anymore. They still might be good enough to sniff out the 8th seed.

Another Edit: I forgot Pondexter who showed some signs of life last year, that team isn't terrible.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
It might seem like it but, Kamans contract is expiring, eric gordon is good but he is not the game changer that CP3 is. Sure, draft picks are great, but here is the thing

THey have blake griffin. They don't want to loose blake griffin. They need to start winning now, and keep him happy.. And with Chris Paul, they are a better team than they were yesterday. Plus they have a few too many pgs, they can make some trades and make their team even better.

THey had enough young talent already, they need some experience if they want to get anywhere and they got it. Those other things they gave up to get him are replaceable, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul aren't. Also, they can offer them both a lot more money if they resign there than if they leave during free agency, and now for free agents to sign there, with both those guys that team almost looks better than the Lakers atm without phil jackson.

You are 100% right....Now they are assured that as long as Paul and Griffin succeed then Griffin will sign long term when the time running......They gave up alot but if this secures Griffin for many years then a brilliant move....You cannot lose a superstar...

Now what do the Lakers do......I hope they get HOWARD by trading Gasol and Bynum.....Then grab Williams from the next at the end of the season...

Paul to the Clippers leaves the Lakers with one option and that is Howard....Nets have to be freaking out

Forrest17

Rotation player
All of that being said, Jack, Gordon, Ariza, Kaman, and Okafor isn't exactly a terrible starting 5...add in Landry and Belinelli off the bench and....that might be a playoff team. They just need a backup PG.

Edit: My bad, Landry isn't there anymore. They still might be good enough to sniff out the 8th seed.

Another Edit: I forgot Pondexter who showed some signs of life last year, that team isn't terrible.

yeah they could still be a playoff team but the league REALLY needs to sell that team or else no decent free agents will ever sign there and anyone who is under contract now will be gone as soon as possible lol.

If they can't keep the team there I would like to see the Supersonics make a come back.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Jerry Buss must be frothing at the mouth.

Kobe, too.

The Lakers offer in conjunction with the Rockets was 10x what N.O ended up with, IMO.

Do the Lakers play in Cleveland this year? Owner/dick cheese, Dan Gilbert, was the one that started the movement against Paul to the Lakers. Regardless of whether or not the CBA was redrawn to help out small market teams, the best offer is the best offer. Interfering with that as a matter of 'principal' is absurd. This wasn't about Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor, but that's what it became.

Then, to add insult to injury, the NBA send Paul to the very same arena. That's a pretty big F.U.

On a brighter note, the NBA's top 10 plays of the day just got a whole lot sexier. No doubt part of the influence.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;189925 said:
Jerry Buss must be frothing at the mouth.

Kobe, too.

The Lakers offer in conjunction with the Rockets was 10x what N.O ended up with, IMO.

Do the Lakers play in Cleveland this year? Owner/dick cheese, Dan Gilbert, was the one that started the movement against Paul to the Lakers. Regardless of whether or not the CBA was redrawn to help out small market teams, the best offer is the best offer. Interfering with that as a matter of 'principal' is absurd. This wasn't about Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor, but that's what it became.

Then, to add insult to injury, the NBA send Paul to the very same arena. That's a pretty big F.U.

On a brighter note, the NBA's top 10 plays of the day just got a whole lot sexier. No doubt part of the influence.

I think the reasoning was salary. The lakers gave up alot in that deal, but they also freed up a lot of cap space, keep a lot of tradable assets and I think that is what the league didn't like, because they still could have gone after Dwight Howard which would have been a nightmare for everyone in the league other than Laker fans.

The Hornets don't get as much talent here, but they get much cheaper, younger players that are also very talented, and an unprotected 1st round draft pick instead of our pick from Houston which will most likely not be very high.

I think the league is going to try and sell the team very soon after this disaster and they want whoever steps in to have as much flexablility in terms of cap space and high picks as possible

Forrest17

Rotation player
I HIGHLY CP3 signs with whatever that team has left LOL!

Well I mean, what were we left with after the trade for carmelo? They have two legit superstars now, the role players will follow, like they have with us... They have a pretty good young center, chauncy, a few decent back up guards, Caron Bulter.. All they have to do is fill out the roster a bit which they can easily do because the clippers are a much more attractive team now than before.

Sage

Rotation player
Laughing my ass off at this deal for the Clips. 3 starters and and unprotected 1st rounder, are you kidding me.... For Chris Paul without a guaranteed contract extension?!?!

Whoaaa, so it wasn't even an extend and trade? Holy shit, risky stuff from the Clippers.

Still, it's gonna be fun watching Paul and Griffin this year.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Whoaaa, so it wasn't even an extend and trade? Holy shit, risky stuff from the Clippers.

Still, it's gonna be fun watching Paul and Griffin this year.

well they got him so that he can't opt out of it after this season like he was before, so they'll have him this season and next

and tbh I think he will resign there because under the new cba I think they can pay him a lot more than they could before.. And plus he is in LA, and plays with Blake Griffin and a few other really good players as well, This team is on the way up, not plummiting down because the league owns it like the Hornets were... It was risky but I really see this paying off big time.

Call me crazy but I could see the Clippers winning the West this season, their team has gotten really good these past few days. They got the best pg in the league to go along with a beast in Griffin, a rapidly improving Deandre Jordan, Caron butler and a veteran in Billups. All they need now is an SG.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Call me crazy but I could see the Clippers winning the West this season, their team has gotten really good these past few days. They got the best pg in the league to go along with a beast in Griffin, a rapidly improving Deandre Jordan, Caron butler and a veteran in Billups. All they need now is an SG.
The team could be scary.

Forrest17

Rotation player

In any other season I don't think I would agree, but I mean, this shortened season and seeing as how all the games will be so close together I think them and OKC will be top three. Youth and athleticism will be huge this season, which they have a lot of.

Paul1355

All Star
Billups might play SG

If Billups starts at SG then we have to take the Clippers even more seriously.

Paul
Billups
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

Is a great team, but with a limited bench.

If they keep Mo Williams then the bench is ok but epect MO to be moved since they have Eric Bledsoe.

Paul would handle the ball most of time, Chauncey camps out on the 3 point line, Butler can hit the mid range, Blake and Jordan set picks and rotate rolling to the hoop. Then Chauncey can handle the ball, kick out to any of the 4 players.....great team.

Watch out for the Clippers!

ok a few things

1) relax

2) jordan is still unproven

3) Billups and Butler potentially might not even make it through the entire season

4) their bench is awful

5) cp3 and griffen are going to be awesome I agree, but those two with a bunch of young unproven players, and two injury prone veterans doesnt put you in contention with the mavs, lakers, spurs, thunder just yet

allbeit, I will say that they will be significantly improved.

dont buy into the hype

no haterade being drunk over here

just being as real about it as I Can be.

they arent even prepared to compete with the grizzlies just yet

best possible outcome 6th seed in the west
lose to the thunder, lakers, or mavs in 6 in the first round.

thank you for your time.

what we should be focusing our attention on is how we are going to match up and get past this team for the next 3 or 4 years

bulls

rose vs douglas ?
fields vs Rip hamilton ?
Melo vs Deng
Amare vs Boozer
Chandler vs Noah

this will be our hardest match up for the foreseeable future.

why are we even talking about the clippers ?