Baron Davis amnested

Wargames

Starter
I think he should start (keeping in mind he wont due to the injury) just because it would:

1) Give the Knicks a PG who can get Tyson Chandler involved offensively with some easy points from Alley Oops. Not to mention Amare would likely love those as well.
2) Allow the Knicks to slide TD to the bench where we need a proven scorer and could become the 6th man.
3) If they sign him for two years next years Full MLE (possibly the knicks last for 3 years) can go to a better player to sub the 3/4 when Melo and Amare sit.

Then TD and Bibby can play back up PG minutes depending on the situation. I don't know if any team under the cap would take him, He has an injury history, doesn't play well when bored (B griffin woke him up and he stayed awake on the cavs) and he is reportedly injured right now. If he clears waivers the knicks need to make him a priority since we will likely have competition from the Lakers.

i'm reiterating what I said earlier and no "pause" Im not a dick rider. Dude has his share of flaws and lost his athletic edge but career wise he is a higher assist averaging PG than Chauncy is.

Also if he does well that allows the knicks to use their last full MLE before they reach the luxury tax (by resigning players) on a quality 3/4 forward to sub for both Amare and Melo when they sit. Toney looks ok out there from the practice scrimage but that may not be the same in the regular season not to mention the post season. If the knicks have a pass first pg and acquire a good 3/4 sub next year (and actually learn how to get needed stops) i put them over even the heat to win it all unless the heat trade one of their big 3 for roleplayes.w

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I agree.

If we can use the 2.5 million exception to sign someone like Kris Humphries (who, as much as he really seriously overpaid to have sex with Kim Kardashian for a few days, is a good high energy rebounder and shotblocker who would help our team tremendously) and sign Baron to the league minimum we would be in great shape. Give us a backup forward who can rebound when STAT and Tyson Chandler are off the floor, and a PG who can mentor Iman Shumpert

paris401

Starter
i'm reiterating what I said earlier and no "pause" Im not a dick rider. Dude has his share of flaws and lost his athletic edge but career wise he is a higher assist averaging PG than Chauncy is.

his stats mite be higher then chauncy.. he mite be a better player/have more left in the tank then chauncy.... b u t ... every nite chauncy is giving you everything he has... be it 75% or 50% of his former self... u are getting it all... can't say the same for baron...

as i said prev the line starts to the right to blow him on the nites he is not motivated...