Shawne Williams takes his talents back to the Garden State

Wargames

Starter
He overachieved and I will admit he will be missed but,

F**k him go play for the Nets

Devin Green and C Hunter off the bench from here on out

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Not a big deal. His three point shooting fell off hard in the second half. He was shooting out of his mind in the first half. He isn't worth 3 million a season.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Excellant Post Paul plus...

Marc Berman: Shawne Williams mulling #Knicks offer tonight. Told his ego was bruised with all the Jamal Crawford talk last few days. Twitter

Williams has every right to be pissed at us. He deserves the 2.5 mil per year mini mid level exception and instead we tried to convince Jamal Crawford to sign here for cheap.

We tried something unrealistic and hurt a good role player in the process.

If we lose Williams, then we lose a main part of our 2nd squad. Williams can defend well in the post and hits the open 3 which makes him valuable.

We need guys like Williams on our team. I'd rather have him play the 4 than Jeffries!

I hope we can sign Williams.

Not only did we loose out on a proven entity with Shawne Williams gone but put up a Roster of the NY KNICKS and we see 6 ROOKIES...all unproven in the NBA. Even with 3 great core players we have a poor bench...in a very short season. I believe having to pay Chauncy 14.2 million less the 2 million he signed for leaves the Knicks out of money. Just getting nauseus thinking about Jeffries coming into any game for any reason. We need a trade or 2 and we have nothing that any team would want. Any ideas?

smokes

Huge Member
I don't really see why anyone is blaming management for letting Shawne Williams walk. Yes he was a decent player for us but come on. He averaged 7ppg in 20mpg. In this offense. He was not some great player, just because he had one breakout season playing for MDA doesn't mean anything.

I liked Williams and wanted us to re-sign him but unless we used our mini-MLE on him there was no way to get him. We can get someone much much better for $2.5m per.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I don't really see why anyone is blaming management for letting Shawne Williams walk. Yes he was a decent player for us but come on. He averaged 7ppg in 20mpg. In this offense. He was not some great player, just because he had one breakout season playing for MDA doesn't mean anything.

I liked Williams and wanted us to re-sign him but unless we used our mini-MLE on him there was no way to get him. We can get someone much much better for $2.5m per.
I agree. While he would have been a good role player, he isn't even worth that imo. He can hit the three but that is the only thing that I would say about his game that doesn't leave a lot to be desired.

Word smokes!

Too many people in here overhyping Shawne. He was good for one season, nothing more.

Would have been nice to bring him back, but come on Jamal is a beast compared to him, Jamal over Williams any day!

Now it didn't work out and we got neither of the two, but management did everything right by trying to sign the better player. I would have done the same.