Eastern and Western Conference top 8 predictions

Paul1355

All Star
OK so let's get out the crystal ball and predict who will sit where come playoff time.

I'd like to see who everyone thinks will sneak in the playoffs, etc.

You can explain some of the tough choices.

My prediction:

Eastern Conference

Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Celtics
Hawks
Magic
Pacers
76ers

Wild card: Bucks

Western Conference

Lakers
Thunder
Grizzlies
Spurs
Mavericks
Clippers
Trail Blazers
Nuggets

Wild card: Warriors

Bulls and Heat can go either way, Bulls added Rip Hamilton which makes them even better. Wild card was tough to choose between Bucks and Bobcats but adding Stephen Jackson to the Bucks makes them slightly better, even if the Bobcats added Walker and Biyombo, can go either way.

West is shaking up! You have to put the Lakers on top but expect the Thunder and Grizzlies to go up in the seeds. Grizzlies beat the Spurs as the 8th seed without Rudy Gay! Mavs are a dif team this year, still tough but slide them down. Watch the Clippers! Warriors have the talent but the Nuggets have a better team chemistry for the 8th seed.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
East

1.Bulls
2.Heat
3.Celtics
4.Knicks
5.Magic
6.Hawks
7.Pacers
8.Sixers

West

1.Thunder
2.Mavericks
3.Lakers
4.Spurs
5.Grizzlies
6.Blazers
7.Clippers
8.Nuggets/Warriors/Rockets

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
East
1. Bulls
2. Heat
3. Knicks
4. Hawks
5. Celtics
6. Pacers
7. Magic
8. Wizards

West
1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Grizzles
4. Mavericks
5. Clippers
6. Spurs
7. Warriors
8. Nuggets

Paul1355

All Star
East
1. Bulls
2. Heat
3. Knicks
4. Hawks
5. Celtics
6. Pacers
7. Magic
8. Wizards

West
1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Grizzles
4. Mavericks
5. Clippers
6. Spurs
7. Warriors
8. Nuggets
Think the Wizards are going to make the playoffs and do better than the Bobcats, 76ers and Bucks?

Forrest17

Rotation player
East:

Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Celtics
76ers
Pacers
Hawks
Magic

West:

Thunder
Mavericks
Lakers
Grizzlies
Spurs
Clippers
Nuggets
Warriors

KingCharles34

All Star
East:

Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Pacers
Hawks
Celtics
Nets
Sixers

West:

Thunder
Clippers
Mavericks
Lakers
Grizzlies
Spurs
Blazers
Rockets

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Eastern Conference

Bulls
Heat
Knicks
Celtics
Hawks
Magic
76ers
Nets

Wildcard; Bobcats
*howard to nets by mid-season and because of the drama before it magic will play poorly, dude DOES NOT want to be there

Western Conference

Thunder
Lakers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Clippers
Blazers
Spurs
Hornets

wildcard; Rockets

KingCharles34

All Star
I dropped the Celtics down really far (6th place), they might struggle during the season but i think they'll be a much better playoff team then regular season game. If they smart they will completely ignore what position they finish in (unless its below 8th). I would only play KG 25 minutes a game, Allen and Pierce 30 minutes.

I am shocked to see im the only one that has the Clippers finishing top 4, ESPN and you guys all disagree with me. Guess im in the minority...i think they'll easily finish 4th or above unless someone gets hurt. Butler was a very good player before getting injured. He was the type of player that would fit in great on this Clippers team. Blake averaged 22 last year, hes about to average 25+. Chris Paul won games with a sh*tty teammates and David west was injured.

Forgive me Kobe but the Clippers > Lakers

I feel bad for the Lakers, they got fukked over with Lamar. They are the ones that traded him and should have traded him for talent in return at least, but Hornets fans were happy with what they were getting. They should have CP3 right now...works to the Knicks advantage though. If we climb a tall mountain called Mount Miamiheat and make it to the finals we wont have to deal with CP3, Kobe, and Bynum. It wont be easy for any team know matter how you cook it up

la2ny

Starter
West

Thunder
Lakers
Mavericks
Clippers
Grizzlies
Blazers
Spurs
Warriors

East

Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Celtics
Pacers
Hawks
Sixers
Nets

Paul1355

All Star
I dropped the Celtics down really far (6th place), they might struggle during the season but i think they'll be a much better playoff team then regular season game. If they smart they will completely ignore what position they finish in (unless its below 8th). I would only play KG 25 minutes a game, Allen and Pierce 30 minutes.

I am shocked to see im the only one that has the Clippers finishing top 4, ESPN and you guys all disagree with me. Guess im in the minority...i think they'll easily finish 4th or above unless someone gets hurt. Butler was a very good player before getting injured. He was the type of player that would fit in great on this Clippers team. Blake averaged 22 last year, hes about to average 25+. Chris Paul won games with a sh*tty teammates and David west was injured.

Forgive me Kobe but the Clippers > Lakers

I feel bad for the Lakers, they got fukked over with Lamar. They are the ones that traded him and should have traded him for talent in return at least, but Hornets fans were happy with what they were getting. They should have CP3 right now...works to the Knicks advantage though. If we climb a tall mountain called Mount Miamiheat and make it to the finals we wont have to deal with CP3, Kobe, and Bynum. It wont be easy for any team know matter how you cook it up

Clippers have no bench except Mo Williams who will most likely be moved or waived, maybe amnestied. Who will back up Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin as a big man off the bench?

Jamario Moon is the backup at SF.

Randy Foye is decent, has upside but an undersized 2 guard.

The Clips have no bench which I think is why most people did not put them finishing 4th.

You think the Lakers are better?

Lakers also picked up Josh Mcroberts who has upside. The bench will have artest, mcroberts, steve blake, better than the clippers bench.

Idk I think its way too early to rule out the Lakers.

Clippers have no bench except Mo Williams who will most likely be moved or waived, maybe amnestied. Who will back up Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin as a big man off the bench?

The Clips have no bench which I think is why most people did not put them finishing 4th.

Lakers also picked up Josh Mcroberts who has upside. The bench will have artest, mcroberts, steve blake, better than the clippers bench.

Right. Don't underestimate Kobe, that man hasn't won 5 rings for nothing.

My new 'hatelist' looks like this btw:

1. Miami - Hate them almost to death.

2. Boston - Don't even need to say a word about them.....

3. New Jersey - Nas > Jay-Z, Knicks > Nets, there should only be one team in NYC

4. Clippers - F Chris Paul, lost all my respect for this guy, wanted to join a contender and a huge franchise, ended up on the damn Clippers (7 Playoff appearances in 41 years). Oh and Blake Griffin is overrated imo.

5. Bulls - I like D-Rose, but the Bulls are one of the most unpleasent teams to watch

KingCharles34

All Star
I am shocked to see im the only one that has the Clippers finishing top 4, ESPN and you guys all disagree with me. Guess im in the minority...i think they'll easily finish 4th or above unless someone gets hurt. Butler was a very good player before getting injured. He was the type of player that would fit in great on this Clippers team. Blake averaged 22 last year, hes about to average 25+. Chris Paul won games with sh*tty teammates and David west was injured

Anyone change their mind yet?

The only team in the west that i think is definitely better is the Thunder.

A yo Paul, what about the Lakers bench?

What about the Mavs having no shot blockers?

What about the Spurs being old? and being dumb enough to resign RJ?

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
East:

Bulls
Heat
Knicks
Boston
Orlando
Atlanta
Philly
Pacers

West:

OKC
Clippers
Dallas
Lakers
Grizzlies
Denver
Spurs
Golden State/Blazers

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
EAST:

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Celtics
4. Knicks
5. Hawks
6. Sixers
7. Magic
8. Pacers

WEST:

1. Thunder
2. Mavericks
3. Lakers
4. Grizzlies
5. Spurs
6. Clippers
7. Blazers
8. Nuggets

I think the East will be much easier to predict but the West could be interesting.

Starks

Starter
MVP: Carmelo Anthony
Rookie of the Year: Rubio
6th Man of the Year: Rip Hamilton
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
Executive of the Year: Glen Grunwald
Eastern Conference Champion: Bulls
Western Conference Champion: Thunder
NBA Champion: Bulls

Most Improved: Gallinari
Bust of Year: Pau Gasol
Players traded this year: Dwight, Josh Smith, Kevin Love.

p0nder

Starter
EAST

Knicks
Heat
Bulls
Magic
76ers
Hawks
Pacers
Celtics

WEST

Thunder
Clippers
Mavs
Lakers
Blazers
Grizzly
Spurs
Rockets

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
East:
1)heat
2)bulls
3)knicks
4)celtics
5)magic
6)hawks
7)pacers
8)sixers

West:
1)okc
2)lakers
3)mavs
4)clips
5)spurs
6)grizzlies
7)blazers
8)nuggets

Kiyaman

Legend

WEST
The Clippers are under the salary-cap....they have the ability to sign Kenyon
Martin and Wilson Chandler within this 66 game season to meet OKC in the WCF.
Memphis
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Denver
Portland

EAST
The Bulls went up to the next level by adding RIP Hamilton (shouldve resign
Kurt Thomas for injuries) to meet the Miami Heat in the ECF.
Knicks
Magic
Hawks
Pacers
Celtics
Philly