• Go back to last year's hair

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Greaser pompadour

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Shumpert Out Until At Least January

Iman Shumpert is unlikely to return from his injury until at least January.

?What you all are saying is not what we?re going by,?? Shumpert said on Monday. ?January, February is what we?re aiming for. I?m just trying to get healthy. When I get healthy, I?ll return to the court. I?m not going to come back and not be able to do the things I did last year and a little more. I want to come back and add something.??

The Knicks have more depth this season than in last, which could allow Shumpert to be patient in his return without having a huge averse impact on their record.

?It hurts a little bit to be watching these guys,?? Shumpert said. ?I got myself and Amar?e, We?re all getting ready. It could be as easy as December, but I?m not aiming at December. When I feel my knee?s right, that?s when I?m going to come back. January, February, that?s the target. If you can talk to my knee, I?d love you to write what it says.??

Shumpert tore his ACL and meniscus in Game 1 of the Knicks' series against the Heat.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I was thinking keep him out until the All-Star break, he'll get some consecutive practices with the team rather than practice this day then we got a game he cant play so he just sits and watches. Shumpert can have 4-5 days of practice with our guys then make an appearance off the bench for us after the break then by April depending on if Brewer continues to go hard or if STAT gets hurt again we insert him as our starter as his perimeter D, plus ball handling and scoring with make up for both Brewer and Kidd going to the bench for STAT and Shumpert

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I was thinking keep him out until the All-Star break, he'll get some consecutive practices with the team rather than practice this day then we got a game he cant play so he just sits and watches. Shumpert can have 4-5 days of practice with our guys then make an appearance off the bench for us after the break then by April depending on if Brewer continues to go hard or if STAT gets hurt again we insert him as our starter as his perimeter D, plus ball handling and scoring with make up for both Brewer and Kidd going to the bench for STAT and Shumpert

That idea makes sense

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
:agreed: all-star break sounds like a good return date

iJoe

Rotation player
Am I the only one worried about how we're going to resign him in the future? He isn't gonna be cheap.

We're gonna have to make a sacrifice somewhere down the line. Our team is so deep. My guess for now is that when Shump comes back, Prigioni is gonna be stuck on the bench.

I was just sitting around thinking and i am so glad we drafted Shump. I remember during draft night me and my friends were mad we picked him and said Donnie just wanted to stick it to us before he left. Come to find out Iman is the steal of the draft, one of my favorite players and a pillar to our championship foundation.

Donnie Walsh deserves so much credit, Iman was not going to be picked in the top 25 and maybe even a second rounder, but Walsh jumped on him immediately and we have potentially one of the biggest draft steals ever...

Starks

Starter
MSG Beginnings: Shumpert, anyone watch?

Not sure if you guys have gotten around to watching MSG Beginnings, but its a great series. This week's piece on Shumpert really shows you how much of a hard worker he is and what his off the court persona is like. I really think we are looking at a Knick that fans will absolutely love for years to come. Theres a few things Knick fans respond and Shump's got them all: Loves Defense, quickness, explosiveness, respect for fans, and heart. If you haven't watched it make sure to DVR it. Last week's Novak special was great also. Next week there will be an Allan Houston episode. Make sure to catch it

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolClyde

the Shumpert beginnings is a great show. seeing him with his family, talking about growing up with them, playing ball with 3 brothers, and seeing how hard he worked, really makes you appreciate him.

the best part is seeing him being picked by the Knicks in the draft, and the whole family erupting, and he's just hugging his mom. he has great parents, seeing how proud they are of him is incredibly touching.

what a great dude!

idk about streaming a show from MSG, Dolan's gang are all about corporate interests and protecting that interest, unless someone can tape it and upload it somewhere secret for KO usage.:thumbsup: