STAT Has No Interest In Baron Davis: "We don't need setbacks"

Wargames

Starter
the fat-fuk doesn't play when he makes 14m... imagine the effort he'll put out for the vet's min... (i know he still pockets his 14m)...

fuk him...

Did he kill your kitten or something? I mean I would understand the vitriol if we were talking about Eddy Curry or something but B. Davis never wore a Knicks jersey and f**ked the team over. Why the hate?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Bro chill out.

He wants a ring. Don't forget that Baron Davis was a key part of that Warriors team that upset the Mavericks in the first round. Let's also not forget that Baron was freaking INSANE when he was on that team.

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
Brian Geltzeiler @hoopscritic 4m

Hearing Baron Davis to the Knicks is a done deal. Should be announced Monday. Very good fit for the Knicks. Right guy at the right time..

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Bro chill out.

He wants a ring. Don't forget that Baron Davis was a key part of that Warriors team that upset the Mavericks in the first round. Let's also not forget that Baron was freaking INSANE when he was on that team.
Yeah, but do you think he's still got something left in him to pull that again? Who are we going to be practicing with after Baron Davis?

(Also, just read last week's news on how we got Bibby. Apparently Miami got Curry. I really couldn't see any team, much the Heat, signing Curry. I guess every king's court needs a jester.)

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Did he kill your kitten or something? I mean I would understand the vitriol if we were talking about Eddy Curry or something but B. Davis never wore a Knicks jersey and f**ked the team over. Why the hate?

so u want the baron davis who has been on cha, n.o. , then g.s., then lac, then cleveland... who has hit at 41% for his career... who makes 14m... oh and is not always motivated...

just wanta make sure we b talking about the same baron davis...

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Please, God NO!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/both-arenas-and-davis-may-end-up-in-ny

But the most interesting scenario I?ve heard all weekend is the idea that both (Baron) Davis and (Gilbert) Arenas could wind up in New York. One source close to the situation, in fact, says that the two Angelenos have discussed this concept.

Would the Knicks dare bring them both in? Seems unlikely with Mike Bibby already in New York, but you can make the argument that ? given the bargain prices involved ? Davis plus Arenas is at worst an intriguing option in the Knicks? quest to develop a guard rotation on a par with the frontcourt power trio of Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

paris401

Starter
http://www.hoopsworld.com/both-arenas-and-davis-may-end-up-in-ny
But the most interesting scenario I?ve heard all weekend is the idea that both (Baron) Davis and (Gilbert) Arenas could wind up in New York.

on 2nd thought getting both of em mite work...

baron comes to practice and tells coach he does not feel motivated today... coach walks over and whispers something into gilberts ear.. gilbert goes to bench, opens his gym bag, pulls out a 45 and waves it in baron's direction... all of a sudden baron feels motivated..

yep .. just mite work...

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
on 2nd thought getting both of em mite work...

baron comes to practice and tells coach he does not feel motivated today... coach walks over and whispers something into gilberts ear.. gilbert goes to bench, opens his gym bag, pulls out a 45 and waves it in baron's direction... all of a sudden baron feels motivated..

yep .. just mite work...

lmao this has me dying

Don't know about you guys, but my first feeling is very positive!

I mean they're both WAY beyond their prime, Arenas has chronic knee issues, Davis motivation comes and goes on a weekly basis plus he's injury prone himself, oh and Gilbert is freaking mental.

But with all those negatives surrounding them, I still feel good about bringing them to the Knicks

1) It's minimum contract, so there is no financial risk involved.

2) We have absolutely NO backcourt apart from Iman Shump. Even the 'past it' versions of Davis and Arenas are 10 times better than Douglas and Fields.

Let's do it, I have a feeling that it can work. After all, winning cures all chemistry issues...and with such a stacked roster we'd win a lot!

Even Arenas can behave himself when a potential championship is on the table.

So....after the first real game of the season what do you guys think?

Our defense was as bad as last season imo....we allowed them about 20 layups, 30 offensive rebounds and another average PF (Brandon Bass) had a career night against us.

I think Stoudemire will never be a decent defender...all the talk about defense in the offseason and he still was our worst defender out there and he's playing soft on ofense, settling for three pointers and 18 feet fadeaway jumpers.....Charles Oakley is so right about STAT, he's not a championship player.

Melo was sensational, our true franchise player. It wasn't all about his offense, his defense was pretty good aswell and he fought like a lion, Melo is a true championship caliber player!

If we don't win the championship this year, it will be because of Stoudemire. Sorry to say this and I'm well aware you guys don't want to hear that, but that's the way it is. I gave him this offseason to improve his defense, but it's the same old garbage he's been doing last season.

If he doesn't want to sacrifice his body he'll better get into poker or chess.
He has the body and ability to really dominate, but he's taking the easy way out by not playing defense and taking jumpers on offense instead of posting up.

Amar'e = Lebron, ultra talented, ultra loud, no heart of a champion.

Iverson at 5'11 had more heart than both of them combined.

I can't believe we're discussing softness in basketball...it's not even football, it's freaking basketball! The dude is 6'10 260 lbs...what is he afraid of?

I know he brought the Knicks back and all that, but that doesn't protect him from criticism. I wouldn't actually criticise him if it was about his ability, like Jeffries on offense, the guy doesn't have the talent, but he's fighting and hustling and that's all you want as a fan.

Amar'e on the other hand hs all the talent in the world, but ain't ready to fight and sacrifice himself.....he lacks the heart of a champion, that Kobe has, Jordan has, Iverson has, Willis Reed etc.

Melo fought several times since becoming a Knick....kudos to him.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I saw some progress and team's effort to improve their defense. Remember that coach Woodson and Tyson started working with our boys less than three weeks ago. We'll be struggling on the defensive throughout the first weeks of the season. Do you remember the Heat getting together last season? We chased them until they started getting used to each other and became "unchasable" sealing the second seed and making their run to the finals. Chandler keeps working with Amare, Davis works with Toney/Imax and Woodson runs our defense. We'll be fine.

edit: some words on Amare's offense; he's a pick and roll junkie and we don't have a decent point guard able to be swishing and dishing, so STAT could start outmuscling and outhustling. Toney's good at duping and hooping, but we need a PG with ability of wheeling and dealing!

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I saw some progress and team's effort to improve their defense. Remember that coach Woodson and Tyson started working with our boys less than three weeks ago. We'll be struggling on the defensive throughout the first weeks of the season. Do you remember the Heat getting together last season? We chased them until they started getting used to each other and became "unchasable" sealing the second seed and making their run to the finals. Chandler keeps working with Amare, Davis works with Toney/Imax and Woodson runs our defense. We'll be fine.

edit: some words on Amare's offense; he's a pick and roll junkie and we don't have a decent point guard able to be swishing and dishing, so STAT could start outmuscling and outhustling. Toney's good at duping and hooping, but we need a PG with ability of wheeling and dealing!
So you're saying you want Walt Frazier as our starting PG? I do too.

Red

TYPE-A
So....after the first real game of the season what do you guys think?

Our defense was as bad as last season imo....we allowed them about 20 layups, 30 offensive rebounds and another average PF (Brandon Bass) had a career night against us.

I think Stoudemire will never be a decent defender...all the talk about defense in the offseason and he still was our worst defender out there and he's playing soft on ofense, settling for three pointers and 18 feet fadeaway jumpers.....Charles Oakley is so right about STAT, he's not a championship player.

Melo was sensational, our true franchise player. It wasn't all about his offense, his defense was pretty good aswell and he fought like a lion, Melo is a true championship caliber player!

If we don't win the championship this year, it will be because of Stoudemire. Sorry to say this and I'm well aware you guys don't want to hear that, but that's the way it is. I gave him this offseason to improve his defense, but it's the same old garbage he's been doing last season.

If he doesn't want to sacrifice his body he'll better get into poker or chess.
He has the body and ability to really dominate, but he's taking the easy way out by not playing defense and taking jumpers on offense instead of posting up.

Amar'e = Lebron, ultra talented, ultra loud, no heart of a champion.

Iverson at 5'11 had more heart than both of them combined.

I can't believe we're discussing softness in basketball...it's not even football, it's freaking basketball! The dude is 6'10 260 lbs...what is he afraid of?

I know he brought the Knicks back and all that, but that doesn't protect him from criticism. I wouldn't actually criticise him if it was about his ability, like Jeffries on offense, the guy doesn't have the talent, but he's fighting and hustling and that's all you want as a fan.

Amar'e on the other hand hs all the talent in the world, but ain't ready to fight and sacrifice himself.....he lacks the heart of a champion, that Kobe has, Jordan has, Iverson has, Willis Reed etc.

Melo fought several times since becoming a Knick....kudos to him.

I totally disagree with this. This is the type of post that makes Knick fans look dumb and undeservedly spoiled.

So now we must focus on STAT as a "weak link"? Smh

The guy who broke Ewings 30pt consecutive game record? Really? You DO realize without STAT we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Because we would still be in wait and see mode.

Further, you do realize defense is a TEAM concept? And that Stat almost singlehandedly gave Garnett the business last post-season? Rewind the tape of game one and take a look into Garnett's eyes... that was fear. And IF STAT hadn't made that mistake in the pre-game, which the results are a testiment to his value, I think we all know what the difference was he made.

But lastly, what are you beefing about? Too much (or too easy) penetration by Rondo? Guess who that starts with? I'll give you a hint:

His stats or value was/is nowhere near STAT'S... but seven points in 34mins don't warrant a reaction of soft from you?

His name is BAMBI FIELDS! Where is your mention of him or the other "combo-guard" who can do everything but what we need at PG.... Toney Douglas? Where?
This dude mind as well change his name to Rajon Rondo Jr., the way he was being soned.

If STAT is soft- these two are cotton candy baby shit left in the sun.... For FOUR days!

Show us your bb IQ and put away the STAT hate...

Direct your attention to the guys at the point and two who I reluctantly call "guards".

Last edited:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I totally disagree with this. This is the type of post that makes Knick fans look dumb and undeservedly spoiled.

The guy who broke Ewings 30pt consecutive game record? Really? You DO realize without STAT we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Because we would still be in wait and see mode.

Further, you do realize defense is a TEAM concept? And that Stat almost singlehandedly gave Garnett the business last post-season? Rewind the tape of game one and take a look into Garnett's eyes... that was fear. And IF STAT hadn't made that mistake in the pre-game, which the results are a testiment to his value, I think we all know what the difference was he made.

But lastly, what are you beefing about? Too much (or too easy) penetration by Rondo? Guess who that starts with? I'll give you a hint:

His stats or value was/is nowhere near STAT'S... but seven points in 34mins don't warrant a reaction of soft from you?

His name is BAMBI FIELDS! Where is your mention of him or the other "combo-guard" who can do everything but what we need at PG.... Toney Douglas? Where?
This dude mind as well change his name to Rajon Rondo Jr., the way he was being soned.

If STAT is soft- these two are cotton candy baby shit left in the sun.... For FOUR days!

Direct your attention to the guys at the point and two who I reluctantly call "guards".
stat put no effort into defense sunday. not acceptable.

Weak post Red, why can't you accept criticism towards Stoudemire?

I'm not a STAT hater like you said, I enjoyed his 'The Knicks are back' talking after he signed for us in 2010, BUT

what good is a superstar with absolutely no talent(ability on defense?

Kevin Martin is a 20+ scorer every season, but he's a horrible player imo and I would never build a team around him, because he doesn't play defense and he's not the kind of player that wins championships.

Before you get hot again, I'm not comparing Stoudemire to Kevin Martin, it was just an example.

And to get back to your criticism of Fields and Douglas: I've been one of Field's biggest critics since the Playoff sweep last spring. The player (not the person) Landry Fields has been called out more than once by me,

Toney Douglas is by no means soft! I don't know what games you were watching the past 16 months, but Toney is never afraid of contact, hustling or playing with injuries. His brother was/is on the Atlanta Falcons roster - Toney comes fom a football background, like Iverson. He's by no means soft.

And btw: THis was about Amar'e and not our guards, everybody knows that we lack a good passing PG and a better 2-guard, but that was not the topic of this discussion.

It was Amar'e who was talking about defense and 'doing everything neccessary to win' all summer long....this guy is talking too much for somebody who hasn't won anything yet.

With CHandler you know that he'll stand his ground on defense after all that talking by him, but almost every power forward we're facing has a career game against Amar'e.

I'll never forget how Hickson, Samardo Samuels and Amir Johnson looked like Moses Malone against Amar'e last season.

I think it should be allowed amongst Knick fans to discuss an criticise a player, even if it's one of our superstars.

I'm a Knick fan first and foremost and not a Stoudemire fan.

Isn't it somewhat alarming that he's pretty ineffective on offense and playing like a small forward when there is no good pick and roll point guard around? He was beasting offensively under Nash and very good with Felton, but since then his offense isn't the same either.

It's not hate, it's just worrying me, because 18 feet jumpers, no defense and three pointers with some dribble penetration from a 6'10 guy is basically Gallo.....Gallo for $20 million a year....that was Stoudemire's game in the last 20 or so games for us.

I as a Knick fan hope for better defense from my 6'10 team captain. And better rebounding wouldn't hurt either for a guy that athletic.....on offense he could atleast try a few turnaround post moves. He's bragging so much about his great footwork, why not using it in the paint, like Blake Griffin does. He needs to stop playing like a small forward.