KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

CoolClyde

crazy farts

The Blockbuster Has Been Delivered

Team Crazy8's and Pringles4Life have consummated a true blockbuster.

IMHO, it actually suits both our squads and where we're at in the league pretty nicely. Though, we each take on some risk, for sure.

Kevin Love (PF, C)
Ty Lawson (PG)
Jason Richardson (SG, SF)
Thaddeus Young (SF, PF)

*traded for*

Amare Stoudemire (PF, C)
Carmelo Anthony (SF, PF)
Some European Named Jared (SF, PF)
Tyrus Thomas (PF, C)

Pringles has made out like a bandit. 4 quality starters, including a resurgent JRich. Jerebko and TTHomas are close to garbage, i guess Porky Pirates doesn't care about this fantasy league anymore, it's strange, but i guess his love for the Knicks overshadows any sense of competition. go figure.... Lin's play has made his mind melt.
:gony:

smokes

Huge Member
This Scorgasms vs Coquis matchup is going down to the wire! It appears to be OJ Mayo and Joakim Noah vs Brandon Knight, Joe Johnson and Paul Millsap! Who will prevail?!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Pringles has made out like a bandit. 4 quality starters, including a resurgent JRich. Jerebko and TTHomas are close to garbage, i guess Porky Pirates doesn't care about this fantasy league anymore, it's strange, but i guess his love for the Knicks overshadows any sense of competition. go figure.... Lin's play has made his mind melt.
:gony:

Hahaaaaaaaaaaa....

That is where you are wrong, my good man.

I plan to restructure, but in doing so, I want a team that I can truly barrack for. The only way to do that is to have players that I like on my squad. And I really don't like any players other than Knickerbockers, bar a very select few.

As the Knicks turn it around, I want to be able to win as they win.

Risky, YES! Faithful, YES!

Win or lose, I'm far happier with a squad that has Fields, Melo, STAT and Chandler, and will enjoy the fantasy league 10 fold.

Now give me Shumpert, smokes!

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;205895 said:
Hahaaaaaaaaaaa....

I plan to restructure, but in doing so, I want a team that I can truly barrack for. The only way to do that is to have players that I like on my squad. And I really don't like any players other than Knickerbockers, bar a very select few.

Win or lose, I'm far happier with a squad that has Fields, Melo, STAT and Chandler, and will enjoy the fantasy league 10 fold.

He's available but I really need a decent PF/C and I don't see one being available.

CoolClyde

Crazy⑧s;205895 said:
Hahaaaaaaaaaaa....

i hear what you're saying, but you had the 1st or 2nd highest scores these past 3 weeks (thanks to excellent player selection), and you've completely blown up a rocking team! who are you, Jimbo D'oh-lan?!

welp, best of luck to ya! root root root for the home team, if they don't win it's a shame... for all of us! maybe Smokes will be interested in a 3-way for you to get Shumpert...

btw, I think you can pickup Balkman cheap.:peace:

smokes

Huge Member
i hear what you're saying, but you had the 1st or 2nd highest scores these past 3 weeks (thanks to excellent player selection), and you've completely blown up a rocking team! who are you, Jimbo D'oh-lan?!

welp, best of luck to ya! root root root for the home team, if they don't win it's a shame... for all of us! maybe Smokes will be interested in a 3-way for you to get Shumpert...

btw, I think you can pickup Balkman cheap.:peace:

A three way with you and Crazy? Gosh how can I refuse...

But seriously, don't you need all your bigs?

iSaYughh

Starter
I actually think our trade carries pretty equivalent, albeit different risks for us.

I think it def gives Crazy better ultimate potential, which I think he needed to legit vie for the title.

Even with the Pre-Lin Knicks, Melo and Amare were very good, consistent fantasy performers (even if their actual NBA play was sub-standard).

For me, I traded two blue chip fantasy players for 1 -- though the 1 I got is a super-blue chip.

I thought long and hard before pulling the trigger. Ultimately, I think it's a good deal for me, but def not without risk, especially when I had a top3 team easy before, and could def reasonably contend for the title.

And this was with play from Amare/Melo that should only improve with the Post-Lin Knicks.

I would have preferred to just play the next couple weeks out, as I think there's a chance my squad could have revealed itself to be even stronger than it's current point tally dictates...but, I know someone else would have pulled a trade off for Love by that point.

smokes

Huge Member
I actually think our trade carries pretty equivalent, albeit different risks for us.

I think it def gives Crazy better ultimate potential, which I think he needed to legit vie for the title.

Even with the Pre-Lin Knicks, Melo and Amare were very good, consistent fantasy performers (even if their actual NBA play was sub-standard).

For me, I traded two blue chip fantasy players for 1 -- though the 1 I got is a super-blue chip.

I thought long and hard before pulling the trigger. Ultimately, I think it's a good deal for me, but def not without risk, especially when I had a top3 team easy before, and could def reasonably contend for the title.

And this was with play from Amare/Melo that should only improve with the Post-Lin Knicks.

I would have preferred to just play the next couple weeks out, as I think there's a chance my squad could have revealed itself to be even stronger than it's current point tally dictates...but, I know someone else would have pulled a trade off for Love by that point.

You sound pretty in Love.... *cough*

Are you still contemplating my offer or should I look elsewhere? ;)

smokes

Huge Member
Still contemplating, think we'll need to tweak it, though :)

I agree though it's hard to tweak a trade with a team like yours. The trade is almost even (maybe I come out a little ahead). However while my team is filled with average players and a few great ones, yours has more good/great players but everyone else is below average!

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree though it's hard to tweak a trade with a team like yours. The trade is almost even (maybe I come out a little ahead). However while my team is filled with average players and a few great ones, yours has more good/great players but everyone else is below average!

Ya, you're spot on there.

I'm working out a separate trade with someone (simple 1 for 1 swap), if it consumates our proposed trade makes really good sense for me.

I have to see how I look after my deal with Crazy consumates, too-- tough to get a real legit feel for things till I can soak in my roster visually. :beer:

smokes

Huge Member
it makes perfect sense, according to original draft order, and then according to who has drafted off waivers last.

go to LEAGUE / OVERVIEW and you'll see a WAIVER and MOVE column,
the numbers under WAIVER are the order of who gets first pick at the present time.

I just picked up 2 players on WAIVERS and had to drop them both because Anderson Varejau got hurt for at least a month, so you might want to try again, there's some primo players available...

Well this is why it doesn't make sense, because I am (and was) number 11 and you were number 12 in the waiver column yet it was you who stole the player I had claimed!

I don't know where you picked (weren't you last?) but I was 3rd and have made 8 moves, you've made 28!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This league is getting more and more competitive, just look at how K4L turned the former Sweepers into a beast in just a weak!

iSaYughh

Starter
Well this is why it doesn't make sense, because I am (and was) number 11 and you were number 12 in the waiver column yet it was you who stole the player I had claimed!

I don't know where you picked (weren't you last?) but I was 3rd and have made 8 moves, you've made 28!

Not sure of your exact situation in this case...but all I can think of is that the player you selected to be dropped, was traded or dropped prior to your waiver wire processing. Or, you had an additional waiver wire claim that week that was processed successfully for you in that waiver period?

Otherwise, I don't see how you could claim a guy as #11 on the wire, Clyde be #12, and have your waiver claim be rejected, while Clyde gets him.

Who was the player in question?

Re: Clyde's 28 moves, you can do 4 instantaneous add/drops each week; but this is of players who had never been drafted/claimed. Not players someone drops/has dropped, and then go through the waiver wire period. The waiver wire rankings each week rotate, progressively -- if you are #12 on a given waiver wire period, you'll be #1 the next.

iSaYughh

Starter
This league is getting more and more competitive, just look at how K4L turned the former Sweepers into a beast in just a weak!

Very competitive league.

Rare to have a league this deep (12, and essentially 11 squads legit playing), and have each team drafted so wisely and then managed so well and shrewdly through trades and pickups.

smokes

Huge Member
Not sure of your exact situation in this case...but all I can think of is that the player you selected to be dropped, was traded or dropped prior to your waiver wire processing. Or, you had an additional waiver wire claim that week that was processed successfully for you in that waiver period?

Otherwise, I don't see how you could claim a guy as #11 on the wire, Clyde be #12, and have your waiver claim be rejected, while Clyde gets him.

Who was the player in question?

Re: Clyde's 28 moves, you can do 4 instantaneous add/drops each week; but this is of players who had never been drafted/claimed. Not players someone drops/has dropped, and then go through the waiver wire period. The waiver wire rankings each week rotate, progressively -- if you are #12 on a given waiver wire period, you'll be #1 the next.

The player was Jeff Teague, I added him on Friday dropping Baron Davis. Two days later while waiting for the claim to process it tells me Clyde pinched him off me! And then dropped him 30 minutes later :lol:

Not that it matters in this case he did me a favour as my trade went through and I'm now flush with guard talent, but I just wondered how it works for future reference.