Kings Claim Outlaw; Gilbert wants Knicks; Knicks want Baron

KingCharles34

All Star
@WojYahooNBA: The Sacramento Kings have claimed ex-Net Travis Outlaw with a bid off amnesty waivers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Good for him, he can watch the playoffs from the comfort of his home now

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
Gilbert Arenas has told friends he'd like to join the Knicks. But Arenas' issues are beyond being a major concern.

My opinion on Arenas...His mental issues make him too disruptive but i wish him luck elsewhere, he was a great player a few years ago. Im not 100% convinced that injuries/time off have destroyed him, but i dont think he'll ever get back to exactly where he was. He could be 20+ again, but never 25+

I think Davis is more the type of point guard we need, hes a better passer

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/7815/source-nyk-aggressive-in-pursuit-of-baron

According to Ric Bucher, the Knicks have been aggressively pursuing free agent Baron Davis.

A source told Bucher that Davis is expected to decide on a new team on Monday, despite the fact that he has a serious back injury that is expected to sideline him 8-10 weeks.

Bucher writes that Davis "hopes to make his decision well before he's physically able to play so he can familiarize himself with the team's playbook and personnel and settle into his new home."

Mike D'Antoni said on Saturday that the Knicks' medical staff and front office will monitor the health of Davis' back as they weigh the pros and cons of adding the veteran point guard.

Davis cleared waivers on Friday night and is an unrestricted free agent.

D'Antoni said, despite Davis' injury, it's worth the Knicks' "exploring" the possibility of adding
him.

"I'm sure other teams are doing the same thing to evaluate [it]?. He?s a very good basketball player," the coach said.

Davis could fill a need for the Knicks.

The team has penciled in Toney Douglas as its starting point guard and Mike Bibby as a backup, but could be interested in bringing Davis on for the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million. The Knicks also have the $2.5 million room exception to lure Davis, since it wasn't used on Jamal Crawford or Shawne Williams.

According to a source close to Davis, he would welcome the opportunity to play in New York.

"Baron loves New York," the source said. "He's a big-city guy."

Lets make it happen!! I know stats not a big fan of this but theres many rumors out there that he'd be ready in 2 weeks instead of 8.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Both Arenas and Baron Davis are past their primes, yet if I had to make the choice between the two it would be Arenas! Lesser of the 2 evils

The difference maker is that I am hearing Baron is something like 8 weeks from practicing? Thats two months after a long lockout before he begins practicing, that means come Febuary he begins to suite up?!

Arenas is available now, he won't do a whole lot this season, but he will start over Feilds and will allow us to bring Shump along slowly.

Wargames

Starter
Both Arenas and Baron Davis are past their primes, yet if I had to make the choice between the two it would be Arenas! Lesser of the 2 evils

The difference maker is that I am hearing Baron is something like 8 weeks from practicing? Thats two months after a long lockout before he begins practicing, that means come Febuary he begins to suite up?!

Arenas is available now, he won't do a whole lot this season, but he will start over Feilds and will allow us to bring Shump along slowly.

I'm sorry but arenas reminds me too much of a headcase.

He crapped in a team mates shoes as a prank
Refused to pay a gambling debt to a player when he was making millions and dude was on damn near a vet min salary
Brought Guns to the Locker room
and he has fallen off pretty bad as well. He only scored 10 ppg and 4apg last season.
Anyhow Shumpert and Fields Should be able to hold the SG spot down
the only reason to bring him in to play PG would be if the Baron Davis deal fell apart and he went to the lakers....

Right now the Knicks have a positive winning culture thanks to Amare, Tyson, and Melo. Why even risk those positive vibes with a player who unfortunately due to injuries on par with a decent roleplayer?

Let's pick Baron up, after yesterday's game i have zero confidence in Fouglas as our starting PG. He's not a playmaker at all.

Baron is not J-Kidd either, but he's 1000 times better as a playmaker than Toney.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Both these point guards are risky. Baron has back problems, Arenas is a disturbance in a team. Baron would be a better option,the Knicks can make that decision as soon as today getting a better look at him. Wish the Knicks had better options.

Paul1355

All Star
Lets just get Baron Davis here.

We would use the 2.5 mini mid level exception on him. Im not sure if its a deal for one year or two years but short term option is the way to go.

He would fit it in with the system as long as he stays healthy and in shape.
He worked well with Blake in LA so throwing lobs to Amare and hitting Melo on cuts shouldn't be too hard.

Toney Douglas just is not the answer. Maybe Shumpert but I'd take a veteran right now.

paris401

Starter
Lets just get Baron Davis here.

He would fit it in with the system as long as he stays healthy and in shape.

he is making 14m + whatever we throw at him... exactly how much do we have to pay him to stay in shape... there must be a number 20m , 30m ...what is it???

I used to like Gilbert, but after that gun charge his game fell off big time. In my book, it's OK to have fun off the court but crapping in your teammates shoes...wtf. The last thing we need is a player trying to be Johnny Knoxville.

clumsy

Rotation player
in his prime he was a less good version of Iverson. His gets his points off volume shooting something he will not get in NYC...i don't ever see him being relevant again in the NBA unless he gets 1 option shots.

I think he would do awesome in a team that doesn't really have a legit number 1 scorer like Minnesota...he's gotta be better than Michael Bease