Man Shumpert is FAST

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That combined with his hard work and supposed ability to be a good/great defender, we might have our own "John Wall".

Yeah, I wanted to make a thread inspired by his speed.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I've said it from the beginning if D'Antoni makes him a PG then he'll be similar to Westbrook, Rose, Wall kind of guys, I can see him being Westbrook with a better jumper, better defender, more explosive and better playmaker. He's got that STAT work ethic and plays hard on every possession.

His potential is crazy I could see him becoming a 19-5-8-2.5-1 guy with 50-35-80 percentages, we just gotta let Shump be Shump

skisloper

Starter
Not to get carried away with Iman but maybe its best just to throw this guy to the wolves ( not minny ) and let him start at point guard....

To me douglas does not seem like a starting point guard......he is a great energizer off the bench.....

I vote either start Iman or Bibby....

Douglas will do more damage off the bench....

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
Not to get carried away with Iman but maybe its best just to throw this guy to the wolves ( not minny ) and let him start at point guard....

To me douglas does not seem like a starting point guard......he is a great energizer off the bench.....

trust me, minny would love another PG :teeth:

Paul1355

All Star

I agree but knowing Mike D and how he is with starting lineups, he won't make Shump the starter so soon. Unless Shumpert really shows great court vision andDouglas continues to miss cutters and open men, this idea of Shump starting at PG will only happen at trade deadline the earliest.

How long did it take Mike D to play Douglas over Duhon?

Forever.....

So I expect Shumpert to be a sixth man for most of the year. Maybe get the starting nod but by then we will prob have Baron Davis healthy, who will be a Knick.

iSaYughh

Starter

I'm normally against a throw em' to the wolve's route when playing a young buck like this....But, if his game is already that NBA refined, and if he and D'antoni can really get in a sync....I could see it happening.

Ideally, we get The Baron, he stays healthy, and we can maximize Shump's power my better cherry picking his spots, and building him up as a backup to the 1 and 2.

100%, though, Douglas is *NOT* a starting PG. Arguably, he is much better off the bench regardless at the 2.

KBlack25

Starter
I like Shumpert - he does not yet have the best court vision but he does make good decisions quickly, as opposed to Douglas who holds on to the ball way too long at times.

KingofNy

Starter
He played good in one PRESEASON game. Let's see how he does after a few games into the regular season before we anoint him our starting PG. He did look pretty damn good though but he looks more like a two.

skisloper

Starter
He played good in one PRESEASON game. Let's see how he does after a few games into the regular season before we anoint him our starting PG. He did look pretty damn good though but he looks more like a two.

My thought process is you take a guy like Brandon Jennings and he stepped right in...a guy like Rondo and he stepped in....

Douglas does not make the choices that you want to see from a PG....do not get me wrong I am a fan of Douglas but really for what he gives us ....a spark of the bench and real pain in the ass defender...PG he is not.......

I think we have nothing to lose by making IMan the PG....

Love douglas off the bench.

Forrest17

Rotation player
My thought process is you take a guy like Brandon Jennings and he stepped right in...a guy like Rondo and he stepped in....

Douglas does not make the choices that you want to see from a PG....do not get me wrong I am a fan of Douglas but really for what he gives us ....a spark of the bench and real pain in the ass defender...PG he is not.......

I think we have nothing to lose by making IMan the PG....

Love douglas off the bench.

Yeah me too. Douglas is a great bench player, but not a starter. Rondo's skill set is so different from douglas, I really don't think their situations are comparable.. Rondo can pass and is smart with the ball, but he can't shoot to save his life. Douglas can shoot but can't make a smart pass to save his life. Rondo can start at point because he passing ability is the most important thing for a point guard.