Official Dolan Appreciation Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
he was basically forced by the nba into hiring walsh also if i remember correctly.

we may have very well still been being mismanaged if david stern hadnt stepped in and forced him to make a prudent selection for gm. smh

dolan is one these guys that cant get out of his own way. hes not a leader.

seeing some of the above posts w reminders of past **** ups brings out old angst.

he deserves SOME credit for our current product tho. this team is going to be good.

Saved my saying the precise same thing.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
he was basically forced by the nba into hiring walsh also if i remember correctly.

we may have very well still been being mismanaged if david stern hadnt stepped in and forced him to make a prudent selection for gm. smh

dolan is one these guys that cant get out of his own way. hes not a leader.

seeing some of the above posts w reminders of past **** ups brings out old angst.

he deserves SOME credit for our current product tho. this team is going to be good.
Dolan_jpg_750x750_q85.jpg

Starks

Starter
Owning a team isn't rocket science. All you do is sign the checks and reap the profits. I'll never give Dolan any credit for anything. The Knicks were given to him by his father and this little runt has done everything he can to run it into the ground. Donnie gets the credit. Not him.

CoolClyde

orangeblobman

Rotation player
it's an old thread OBM, i brought it back to life, because now is a great time to appreciate all Mr. D'oh-lan has done for this team. note the creation date.

Ah, I didn't realize.

But you gotta be ****ting me with this thread even in December 2011!!:alert:

petescud

Starter
I'm a pretty good guitar player. Think Dolan would take me in his band. maybe i can get us some good seats

Sage

Rotation player
I had to scroll back in fear to see if I'd posted in this thread, saw my avatar and panicked, "oh god, sage.. Tell me you didn't write anything saying Dolan was doing a good job, please, please, please."

I appreciate Dolan's money.

*phew*

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
sorry, the guy is a c*cksucker, born with a silver spoon in his mouth,
who sticks his stupid face where it doesn't belong way too many times,
needs to have HIS picture taken with stars to make sure everyone knows
it's HIS team, still remains friends with Zeke after all the BS, bad signings,
sexual harassment, blown millions etc.

the 3/4 billion dollar facelift MSG is getting will be coming out of pockets
of the fans, and is being done to make better seats for high rollers and
corporate interests. the $300 wheelchair seats have gone up to over $2500.

real fans cannot afford to attend Knick games, and those who can afford
them will rarely sit courtside or up to 100 section unless you know someone
with a corporate ticket account who can take their ticket purchases off as
"entertainment expense" on their taxes. Ever try to buy season tickets
in the good seats? INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE or UNAVAILABLE because of
corporate interests.

D'oh-lan and MSG's corporate interests prevented another stadium from being
built on the west side of town year ago, total BS that prevented a football team
from playing in NYC, because it COULD have been an arena for basketball.
I may be wrong on this one, but I know MSG corporate prevented this from happening.

MSG on Cable has been taken off Time Warner Cable in the past and threatens
to be taken off again, because MSG wants MORE MONEY from TWC. Damn that
D'oh-lan and his corporate scheming, keeping NY b-ball from millions of fans.

D'ohlan was stupid enough to pay Allan Houston 100 million dollars and
raised the entire bar for paying players in the first place. He's a corporate
pantywaste who doesn't have a clue, is a ****ty guitar player and singer who
leads a ****ty band, and is a ****head.

PLEASE. just because someone spends money doesn't mean he knows what
he's doing. you can thanks Donnie Walsh for making the Knicks relevant
again, and that was not D'oh-lan's doing. It was D'oh-lans undoing to make
Donnie leave because he can't keep his stupid face and fingers out of the pot
that stirs the Knicks.

google "James Dolan Idiot" and see how many threads come up.

rant rant pant pant.
:2cents:

I wonder how many threads there are now...

CoolClyde

#f*ckdolan

btw, here's a nice twitter account to express your feelings towards Jimmy D.
#f*ckdolan - of course the * is a "u" - you just can't say f*ck on this f*cking forum!:smokin:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
i put in the #f*uckdolan and look a this gem i came up with good read

On Knicks Fandom
Jul 18th, 2012 by Dan L.
As a Knicks fan of over 20 years, I have some solid memories and positive emotion that connect me to the franchise. These memories reflect a rewarding history and provide a bond that justifies my support. When I first became a fan, Patrick Ewing had been a Knick for but a handful of years, and he gave his unyielding effort for over a decade more, along with home grown finds like John Starks, and Anthony Mason, even Hubert Davis. Add to the mix outside accouterments who bought in like Harper and Rivers, some of whom, like Oakley, became mainstays. There was a 60 win season (!). The team earned its fans.

But there is an entire generation of fans who know nothing of that type of stability or success. Amar?e Stoudemire is the longest tenured Knick. He enjoyed unambiguous popularity for about half a season. Iman Shumpert is the only home grown. Lin, salvaged, could have been like Starks. But since Dolan inserted himself in place of Checketts this franchise has been so atrocious that for a new era of fans, fans who have invested themselves within the last decade plus, Linsanity represented the pinnacle.

Dolan has given these fans nothing. NOTHING. There have been few less rewarding experiences in fandom. These fans have no real link to the ?99 run, much less the Riley days. I imagine they treat that portion of Knicks history much as I meet stories of Bernard King with a detached reverence. The only experiential attachment many fans have is to Howard Eisley and truck sex and Eddy Curry and Jerome James, traded draft picks, Antonio McDyess, salary cap hell and literally the most losses of any team in that period.

And I couldn?t blame them if they went away.

As disgusted as I am, I won?t. And only because I want to maintain the innocence and purity of fandom, even if those in charge treat the team we revere as literally nothing more than a product to peddle to customers they know they can screw over because those customers have already given them what every business strives for: emotional attachment.

If I left now and went somewhere else, no tie would bind me to the next place. The decision to leave becomes a slippery slope, a ride I?d rather not take. I?ve committed for better or worse to this deplorable owner, just as other fans who take the repeated insults blithely and look down contemptuously at both the new and old generations of fans who have nothing to show for their devotion and who choose to express their frustration. I liken these fans to what Orwell called ?Party Members?. They remind me of those unquestioning lieges who subscribe to what he called ?crimestop?, the

faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity. But stupidity is not enough. On the contrary, orthodoxy in the full sense demands a control over one?s own mental processes as complete as that of a contortionist over his body. Oceanic society rests ultimately on the belief that Big Brother is omnipotent and that the Party is infallible. But since in reality Big Brother is not omnipotent and the party is not infallible, there is need for an unwearying, moment-to-moment flexibility in the treatment of facts.

These are the fans who tell you that Brooklyn is just across the river. I suspect these fans contort in order to make sense of a continued investment that hasn?t rewarded them any more than it has those who are critical.

It?s fine. I accept that this is how it has to be. As a fan you associate yourself not only with a team but, as an unintended consequence, with all other fans of that team. People of all different stripes. One day, perhaps, James Dolan will not run the team anymore. Or one day, his attitude will change. Or he?ll get lucky. Maybe.

One day maybe we call ALL be proud.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

The report went on to say that Dolan and his staff "were upset that he [Lin] hired a publicist without their consent and were livid that the second-year point guard out of Harvard went back to the Rockets for more money." In other words, Lin was getting too big for his britches.

A publicist without their consent? What the FORKS, man!?!?

Leaving New York was the best thing to happen to Young Jeremy Lin.

If the cash didn't splish splash, I would feel sorry for anyone that works under Fat Jimmy.