Melo's new skill

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
In the training camp special MSG showed, Tina said that Melo has been working on something new and he's keeping it a secret. I'm interested in what it is. Is it defensive tactics? Pete Maravich handles and passing? Shot blocking?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My money is on a Tony Parker one handed runner. Deadly shot. Akin to Dirk's 9 foot high release fader. If Melo's got that, we're talking 28ppg+

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;190938 said:
My money is on a Tony Parker one handed runner. Deadly shot. Akin to Dirk's 9 foot high release fader. If Melo's got that, we're talking 28ppg+
That would be amazing.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Melo's secret weapon

...is Vanessa Bryant.

She has agreed to make up with Kobe, only if...he joins the KNICKS!!!!!!

...is Vanessa Bryant.

She has agreed to make up with Kobe, only if...he joins the KNICKS!!!!!!

The Lakers have used their amnesty on Odom right?

Honestly, I had that thought yesterday, the Lakers are pretty much on their way down, the Clippers will be in the limelight very very soon.

After all he has done for the franchise, they surely would have agreed to his request of using the amnesty on him, so he can go and win his 6th ring to emulate Jordan?!

Imagine Kobe playing the 2 for us, not even a competition anymore....a starting 5 of Baron Davis, Kobe, Melo, Amar'e, Tyson Chandler?
The best NBA team ever assembled for sure!

But like I said, I think the Lakers have used their amnesty on Odom...sadly.

I'm pretty sure tht the lakers traded odom and didn't amnesty him
but let's say tht the lakers would use their amnesty on Kobe...u don't think tht a team under the cap would pick him up?

Paul1355

All Star
In the training camp special MSG showed, Tina said that Melo has been working on something new and he's keeping it a secret. I'm interested in what it is. Is it defensive tactics? Pete Maravich handles and passing? Shot blocking?
Probably the Rajon Rondo fake behind the back layup

I'm pretty sure tht the lakers traded odom and didn't amnesty him
but let's say tht the lakers would use their amnesty on Kobe...u don't think tht a team under the cap would pick him up?

Is any team under the cap contending?

Philly ain't good enough, so no reason for him to return to his hometown.
He wouldn't go to Miami either, because his ego is waaaaaay too big to play alongside the self proclaimed 3 kings...

I mean this is all very hypothetical and the chances of Kobe getting amnestied are probably 1% or even less...but one thing I'm 100% sure of is: The Laker Empire will collapse very very soon. The team is almost as bad as it was during their 'dark' days from 04-06 when Kobe was actually thinking about a trade....what kept him in LA was the promise by the Laker front office to revamp the roster, which they did, but back than Kobe was below 30 and had time...now with his bad knees he doesn't have time...and he wants that 6th ring so badly.....

I think Kobe was always about himself first and I wouldn't completely rule out the opportunity that he might leave the Lakers after this season for one last shot at the championship.

Money won't be an issue, this guy has made like $500 million or so in his life.

Is any team under the cap contending?

this doesn't matter because with the amnesty clause the player has to play for any team tht picks him up no matter if he wants to or not...the only thing tht he could do is sit out the season
but it doesn't matter because none of this will happen anyway

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
True, I'm only 20 so I never saw Maravich play but from the highlight reels I can see why Rondo would copy his moves.
I'm only 23. Sadly there's not a lot of games, that I know of anyway, recorded. Even so, he's my second favorite player of all-time. An incredible player he was.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'm only 23. Sadly there's not a lot of games, that I know of anyway, recorded. Even so, he's my second favorite player of all-time. An incredible player he was.

I'm only 19. Pistol Pete was one of the flashiest players to ever play in the league. Sad way to end his career though.