Melo Can Be Top 8-10 Player In League

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Carmelo is easily a top ten NBA player, IMO. I wouldn't say he is top 5 but he certainly has a chance to get there.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dirk's O is not better than Melo's....Howard is not more skilled than Melo, Rose....idk I love Rose though its tough....Nash...please

As for LeBron people say Melo needs the ball in his hands but in all honesty its LeBron that needs the ball, he's not a true SF, he's a fake ass Magic Johnson. I'm not impressed by his game, I feel he's all hype and that not me being a homer its just my opinion

metrocard

Legend
Melo is a bit overrated. He's not in my top 10. He would be if he put more energy into defense. Alot of guys in the NBA put most of their energy into offense, Melo is one of them.

My top ten is more balanced, though elite offensive players, these guys make strides on defense to keep their teams competitive.

1. James
2. Wade
3. Paul
4. Bryant
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Durant
8. Williams
9. Nowitzki
10. Gasol
11. Griffin (Absolute perfect prospect, only thing missing is a presence on defense)
12. Stoudimire (Poor man to man defender but his help shot blocking impacted the team alot)
13. Horford
14. Anthony/Westbrook
15. Love(more energy into defense...elite at boxing out which is apart of D)/Aldridge

I want to put Bynum into this list as well...and don't be surprise for young guys like Wall join the elites.

Melo when playing tenacious defense like he did 2 years ago in the PLAYOFFS is a top 5 NBA player everyone hypes him up to be.

iSaYughh

Starter
Melo is a bit overrated. He's not in my top 10. He would be if he put more energy into defense. Alot of guys in the NBA put most of their energy into offense, Melo is one of them.

My top ten is more balanced, though elite offensive players, these guys make strides on defense to keep their teams competitive.

1. James
2. Wade
3. Paul
4. Bryant
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Durant
8. Williams
9. Nowitzki
10. Gasol
11. Griffin (Absolute perfect prospect, only thing missing is a presence on defense)
12. Stoudimire (Poor man to man defender but his help shot blocking impacted the team alot)
13. Horford
14. Anthony/Westbrook
15. Love(more energy into defense...elite at boxing out which is apart of D)/Aldridge

I want to put Bynum into this list as well...and don't be surprise for young guys like Wall join the elites.

Melo when playing tenacious defense like he did 2 years ago in the PLAYOFFS is a top 5 NBA player everyone hypes him up to be.

I can't say I'd do mine the same, pick for pick...But, no joke, that could be the best and most complete Top 15/Top 10 list I've ever seen.

Griffin/Love/Westbrook could take jumps to further excellence.

Williams, Gasol, Horford, and Kobe I could see Melo leaping ahead of this year.

This would get him right around the top10 cusp, and in the discussion on how he stacks up against anyone in the NBA, assuming he maintains his lethal, clutch shooting touch.

CA7

Scoring Champ

1. James
2. Wade
3. Paul
4. Bryant
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Durant
8. Williams
9. Nowitzki
10. Gasol
13. Horford

14. Anthony/Westbrook

You lost all credibility and if Defense is so damn important then the best player in the NBA is Dwight Howard

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer

1. James
2. Wade
3. Paul
4. Bryant
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Durant
8. Williams
9. Nowitzki
10. Gasol
13. Horford
14. Anthony/Westbrook

Great list bro! altough you put Kobe too high tough he's aging. Last year he only averaged 22 pts in playoffs and his defence wasn't that good. Kevin Love should be higher too. He will have even bigger year this season trust me.

As for Carmelo well his resume speaks for itself, I think positions 10-20 is where he belongs, guys in top 10 have much more individual achievements than him.

metrocard

Legend
Horford is REALLY underrated. I've noticed.

Its hard to take Kobe out of the top 5...All around even if he's coming down from his prime is just too good.

I wanted to put Love higher...but I'm waiting for the Wolves to win to increase his stock.

Love lost 20 pounds...lets see how he plays defense without that extra weight.

and CarlosArroyo7, you may have misunderstood me.

Defense is important, yes, but so is offense. Its 50/50 equal. Thats how I measure my players.

fender0577

Rotation player
Melo is a top ten player, how is this a discussion here, his 24.84 PPG for his career is 3RD only behind Bryant, and Wade among active players.This guy is ahead of many HOF players, like Bird, Kareem, Wilkins, Shaq etc.So come on give the man his due, an like i said before, how many 10 players are great defenders?Please stop with this stupid argument, he is far and away the most complete offensive player in the league, so give the man his due, we didn't sign him for his D, so stop it.

metrocard

Legend
Melo isn't better than Shaq, Bird, Hakeem. Doesn't make sense. Even Melo in his prime is atleast a level below them.

fender0577

Rotation player
Melo isn't better than Shaq, Bird, Hakeem. Doesn't make sense. Even Melo in his prime is atleast a level below them.

Never said he was better, all im saying is that his career numbers put him in hall of fame company right now, how is he not top ten?, because he hasn't won yet?Be patient, because before last season people were saying Dirk was washed, how quickly winning changes perception.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Horford is REALLY underrated. I've noticed.

Its hard to take Kobe out of the top 5...All around even if he's coming down from his prime is just too good.

I wanted to put Love higher...but I'm waiting for the Wolves to win to increase his stock.

Love lost 20 pounds...lets see how he plays defense without that extra weight.

and CarlosArroyo7, you may have misunderstood me.

Defense is important, yes, but so is offense. Its 50/50 equal. Thats how I measure my players.

Horford is not better than Melo

and like I said if Defense is so important then Dwight Howard is the best Player in the NBA.

Now to all you with this Melo does not defend crap, he does defend and his focus on defense is at an all time high this year but also this man is the best scorer in the league no one has the tools he has, no one. He was robbed of the ROY his rookie year, snubbed as an All Star a few years, 2 inbound passes away from reaching the finals. Not to mention he is as clutch as you can be and he's made the playoffs every year while never averaging less than 20ppg. This guy is top 5 in my book and he'll prove come tomorrow. I'm done with this shit

Last edited:

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
No way is Melo a top 5 player. He's arguably a top 10 player, at worst he is in the top 20. I say he is in the 10-15 range right now. 3rd best SF behind James and Durant.

CA7

Scoring Champ
No way is Melo a top 5 player. He's arguably a top 10 player, at worst he is in the top 20. I say he is in the 10-15 range right now. 3rd best SF behind James and Durant.

He's a better passer, rebounder and defender than Durant so how is KD better than him

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I have to watch more of Durant. Last post-season he showed he could be taken out of the game like Ray Allen if you stick to him and not allow quick shots off. Once Melo gets the ball the majority of the time he's gonna do what he wants. I'm not saying who I think is better since I have to watch more of each, I'm saying I would feel more comfortable with Melo than I would with Durant.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I have to watch more of Durant. Last post-season he showed he could be taken out of the game like Ray Allen if you stick to him and not allow quick shots off. Once Melo gets the ball the majority of the time he's gonna do what he wants. I'm not saying who I think is better since I have to watch more of each, I'm saying I would feel more comfortable with Melo than I would with Durant.

Also Melo is more physically dominate. He bullies defenders now if we had KD I would not complain but in know way is he better than Melo overall I think it goes James/Anthony/Durant as the top 3 SF their interchangeable

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
He's a better passer, rebounder and defender than Durant so how is KD better than him

Wow.......that is so wrong.

Durant is much better on defense, they aren't even close. Melo was basically one of the worst defenders in the league last year according to Synergy. Passing and rebounding is basically a wash. Both rebound well for their position. Both aren't great passers. Overall, they are very similar in those two aspects. Overall, they are high volume scorers, with Durant being more efficient at that. And he is a better defender. He is clearly the better player of the two to me. Unless you really think Melo is a good defender....then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should watch the games more closely.

metrocard

Legend
Horford is not better than Melo

and like I said if Defense is so important then Dwight Howard is the best Player in the NBA.

Now to all you with this Melo does not defend crap, he does defend and his focus on defense is at an all time high this year but also this man is the best scorer in the league no one has the tools he has, no one. He was robbed of the ROY his rookie year, snubbed as an All Star a few years, 2 inbound passes away from reaching the finals. Not to mention he is as clutch as you can be and he's made the playoffs every year while never averaging less than 20ppg. This guy is top 5 in my book and he'll prove come tomorrow. I'm done with this shit

All around Horford is better than Melo.

metrocard

Legend
Never said he was better, all im saying is that his career numbers put him in hall of fame company right now, how is he not top ten?, because he hasn't won yet?Be patient, because before last season people were saying Dirk was washed, how quickly winning changes perception.

Melo is going to the HOF whether he wins a title or not.
But he'll never be on the level of the elites. Totally different class.