Melo Can Be Top 8-10 Player In League

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
LeBron's defense is elite.

and I can never lose credibility on this site, keep dreaming.
lebrons a good defender. if you're gonna call him elite, im not gonna split hairs. but an elite defender can slow down lebron, sometimes stop him. whos gonna stop melo without doubling?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Wow.......that is so wrong.

Durant is much better on defense, they aren't even close. Melo was basically one of the worst defenders in the league last year according to Synergy. Passing and rebounding is basically a wash. Both rebound well for their position. Both aren't great passers. Overall, they are very similar in those two aspects. Overall, they are high volume scorers, with Durant being more efficient at that. And he is a better defender. He is clearly the better player of the two to me. Unless you really think Melo is a good defender....then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should watch the games more closely.

I watch the games I watched KD yesterday, he is a bad defender the thing is he puts effort, Melo in the past did not put a lot of effort but like I said its a new day for him and when he defends he's solid. Melo is playing Point Forward for us at certain spurts, meaning he's playing like a Larry Bird type guy. Kevin Durant can not do that 1 bit he had 6 ast yesterday but each was on an extra pass or on the break. Melo is a better rebounder PERIOD. Maybe you should watch the game more close and understand that I said KD is great and I would not mind having him but Melo is better, its all opinion but with all due respect to KD anything he can do CA can do better

All around Horford is better than Melo.

no credibility, Horford is solid, but tell me if we had the same team before the Chandler trade that you would trade Melo for Horford

Melo is going to the HOF whether he wins a title or not.
But he'll never be on the level of the elites. Totally different class.

Melo came in with LeBron and Wade so he's forever in their shadow but he's just as talented. Similar to how Jordan over shadowed Barkley, Melo will forever be overshadowed by LeBron and D-Wade(to an extent)

metrocard

Legend
lebrons a good defender. if you're gonna call him elite, im not gonna split hairs. but an elite defender can slow down lebron, sometimes stop him. whos gonna stop melo without doubling?

LeBron's been on the NBA all defensive team a couple of times I believe, that would make him elite in my eyes.
I don't know. Melo can be stopped. Anyone can be stopped and Melo can be slowed down. Melo is the superior half court scorer with an elite skill set. Both are equal in terms of scoring. Nothing really much to talk about.

I watch the games I watched KD yesterday, he is a bad defender the thing is he puts effort, Melo in the past did not put a lot of effort but like I said its a new day for him and when he defends he's solid. Melo is playing Point Forward for us at certain spurts, meaning he's playing like a Larry Bird type guy. Kevin Durant can not do that 1 bit he had 6 ast yesterday but each was on an extra pass or on the break. Melo is a better rebounder PERIOD. Maybe you should watch the game more close and understand that I said KD is great and I would not mind having him but Melo is better, its all opinion but with all due respect to KD anything he can do CA can do better

no credibility, Horford is solid, but tell me if we had the same team before the Chandler trade that you would trade Melo for Horford

Melo came in with LeBron and Wade so he's forever in their shadow but he's just as talented. Similar to how Jordan over shadowed Barkley, Melo will forever be overshadowed by LeBron and D-Wade(to an extent)

KD and CA average the same amount of rebounds.

Two Time All Star isn't solid. Its elite. Horford is a top 15 NBAer, 2nd best all around C behind DH12, and he's naturally a PF.

Horford would impact this team, he makes players better on both side of the court due to his energy, skillset, and leadership. Tim Duncan type stuff.

Melo is under Wade's and LBJ's shadow because they're better him, but Melo's achievements as a prolific scoring SF will get him to the HOF I believe.

EVERYTHING

MELO

IS JUDGED BY

BEGINS THIS YEAR

that sums up all your arguments

Every one forgets he is only 26-27 years old

he has another 5-7 years of prime ball to define himself as dirk did

kobe didnt come into his OWN with out the likes of shaq etc until around 27

Again

STOP TALKING ABOUT MELO DOESNT DEFEND

when ?

yesterday

um no he defended like crazy, he rebounded like a machine

and on offense he did things that only kobe, dirk, lebron, wade etc can do

no one else in the league can take over a game that way

and he did it in foul trouble.

he would have an extra 5-7 minutes of floor time

probably giving him 40+ pnts 10 + rebs

lets put it this way

you dont grab 8 boards

you dont only shoot the ball 17 times

and end up with 37 points against the celtics unless you are a top 5 player in the NBA

pierce or no pierce, celtics play great team defense

oh btw

Fourth quarter

Melo 17

Celtics 17

do I need to say anymore.

CA7

Scoring Champ
EVERYTHING

MELO

IS JUDGED BY

BEGINS THIS YEAR

Again

when ?

yesterday

lets put it this way

you dont grab 8 boards

and end up with 37 points against the celtics unless you are a top 5 player in the NBA

oh btw

Fourth quarter

Melo 17

Celtics 17

And the thread is dead.........thank you

metrocard

Legend
EVERYTHING

MELO

IS JUDGED BY

BEGINS THIS YEAR

Again

when ?

yesterday

lets put it this way

you dont grab 8 boards

oh btw

Fourth quarter

Melo 17

Celtics 17

You're mad gased over one game where Melo's main concern were two NBDL level players in Palvovic and Daniels. Failed post.

CA7

Scoring Champ
You're mad gased over one game where Melo's main concern were two NBDL level players in Palvovic and Daniels. Failed post.

LMAO Daniels and Pavlovic are solid on ball defenders, pesky guys who were all over Melo and got torched. The fact is its a brand new Melo, if you didn't see it from his pre-season interviews, lock out workouts, in game attitude and performance and his post game team huddle and press conference then you dont know shit. Leave being a critic for the haters(unless you're one of them)

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
LMAO Daniels and Pavlovic are solid on ball defenders, pesky guys who were all over Melo and got torched. The fact is its a brand new Melo, if you didn't see it from his pre-season interviews, lock out workouts, in game attitude and performance and his post game team huddle and press conference then you dont know shit. Leave being a critic for the haters(unless you're one of them)

It was only one gamme though. We all know Melo is capable of this kind of performance. The challenge for him is doing it consistently over the season, especially on the defensive game.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
I watch the games I watched KD yesterday, he is a bad defender the thing is he puts effort, Melo in the past did not put a lot of effort but like I said its a new day for him and when he defends he's solid.

So Durant is a better defender, but you will assume that Melo will be better this year? I guess that as of now, Durant is a better defender since he gives effort and he is about average on defense (He is not "bad". You said it yourself he gives effort).

Melo is playing Point Forward for us at certain spurts, meaning he's playing like a Larry Bird type guy. Kevin Durant can not do that 1 bit he had 6 ast yesterday but each was on an extra pass or on the break.

And as a point forward he got......3 assists. Just because he is playing that role doesn't mean he will be great at it. He was good at point forward early on, then they stopped using it and he started looking more for his shot.

Melo is a better rebounder PERIOD.

Total rebound % last 2 seasons:
Melo: 11.8%, 9.5%.
Durant: 10.3%, 11.0%.

Seems pretty even to me.

Maybe you should watch the game more close and understand that I said KD is great and I would not mind having him but Melo is better, its all opinion but with all due respect to KD anything he can do CA can do better

Your argument for Melo is that you THINK he will play better on defense this year and you THINK he will be successful as a passer this year. Meanwhile, Durant has shown he can be a competent defender and has not run the point or shown great passing ability so far. That's a lot of if's.