Knicks rookies?

jzero29

Rotation player
I haven't seen the preseason, but bet your @ss i will be watching on christmas.
Anyone give me a realistic review of Shumpert and harrelson? as well as a projection of how you'll think they'll do.

Paul1355

All Star
I haven't seen the preseason, but bet your @ss i will be watching on christmas.
Anyone give me a realistic review of Shumpert and harrelson? as well as a projection of how you'll think they'll do.
It depends on how other players fit in with Melo and Amare.

Shumpert could have been the runner up for the starting PG position. However, the signing of Baron Davis proves that the Knicks view Shumpert more of a 2 guard, with the addition of Mike D saying that he sees Shumpert as more of a 2 guard who can play the 1 and 3.
If Landry Fields does not become the Landry Fields of the 1st half of last season, then I can easily see Fields being replaced by Shumpert. Fields started as a rookie last year, which was a shock to me because Mike D is very skeptical on the view that rookies can make an impact in the first year. It took Mike D half a season to start playing Toney Douglas sufficient minutes even though he was outplaying Chris Duhon.

Shumpert will start out as the sixth man, being a main focus of offense and defense off the bench. I can see him averaging 20 mpg, 10 ppg, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block....Shumpert is an overall talent. As long as he makes the jump shot, Phil Weber said "he has no ceiling."

HARRELSON

Josh Harrelson will play a vital role this year because of his size (6'10 and 275 pounds) and because of our lack of depth in the front court. Behind Amare and Chandler, the back up is Harrelson. We can say Jeffries but realistically Jeffries is a liability on offense and off the bench you need people who can score. Jeffries can play help defense and defend the perimeter, which is rare for players that are 6'11, which is Jeffries height. But Jeffries can't rebound, play post defense, nor hit a jump shot. Harrelson can do the ladder. He bring toughness, decent rebounding, post defense and in the pre season, showed he had 3 point range! If Harrelson can continue to hit the 3 point shot, Mike D will make him a key component in the rotation all season.

Shumpert is the main guard off the bench, Harrelson is the main PF/C off the bench....In my opinion.