Knicks ranked 6th in ESPN Power Rankings

DrB

Benchwarmer
Realistic Expectations

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/season/2012/week/0

"To pick the Knicks to trump Boston in the Atlantic Division, you have to truly believe that Tyson Chandler will have a transformative impact defensively and that Baron Davis will soon be reborn playing in the arena of his dreams. Guilty and guilty." - Marc Stein.

While things change on paper "reality is still reality". The first Reality is the Celtics won the East albeit against a severly injured knick team.
Reality two is our knicks have been reconstituted more times than frozen orange juice...last year being amazing.
Reality three is that on paper this is the best we have looked in decade but.. Reality four is how long will it take for this team to gel.
Reality five is what additions are still to made to the existing 14 man roster. Reality six is how healthy will the team be under this gruelling schedule.
Lastly we come to Reality 7 and it is not Chandler and the defense but Baron and the offense. Why am so nervous about tomorrow? Conditioned to be I guess?

DrB

Benchwarmer
Reality 6

While things change on paper "reality is still reality". The first Reality is the Celtics won the East albeit against a severly injured knick team.
Reality two is our knicks have been reconstituted more times than frozen orange juice...last year being amazing.
Reality three is that on paper this is the best we have looked in decade but.. Reality four is how long will it take for this team to gel.
Reality five is what additions are still to made to the existing 14 man roster. Reality six is how healthy will the team be under this gruelling schedule.
Lastly we come to Reality 7 and it is not Chandler and the defense but Baron and the offense. Why am so nervous about tomorrow? Conditioned to be I guess?

Let me review the injury list....DAVIS ... Herniated disc...major
IMAX Liagament tear Knee Major
Jeffries.. Calf... minor
Bibby...back strain-sprain... minor
Novak.. not sure

KingCharles34

All Star
Decent list, I'd say thats a respectable spot for the Knicks. I hate to defend the Celtics but they should probably be 7th after us instead of 11th and theres no damn way the Spurs are better then the Celtics.

Dallas aint first either but if your gonna put them in 1st then why show so much respect for the Clippers? The logic really doesnt make sense

Heres my top 10

Heat
Thunder
Chicago
LA Clippers
Knicks
Mavericks
Celtics
Lakers
Grizzlies
Spurs

Thats not my final answer, i just threw this together real fast