Where do you rank Chandler amongst the NBA elites?

fender0577

Rotation player
You know what i hate?...when a person says when healthy.That's part of being good IMO, u have to stay on the court, and CA7, it does matter because a few years ago howard had no offensive game... at all, and he destroyed Horford.TC changed the culture in Dallas, that's all i'm hoping for.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
You know what i hate?...when a person says when healthy.That's part of being good IMO, u have to stay on the court, and CA7, it does matter because a few years ago howard had no offensive game... at all, and he destroyed Horford.TC changed the culture in Dallas, that's all i'm hoping for.

I'm saying when healthy and at full strength give me them 4 over Chandler but at the health these guys are at now I'd only take Howard and possibly Horford but in reality there is no one I would trade Chandler for he's made the defense chants at the Garden believable

metrocard

Legend

It doesn't matter especially since you're not making sense.

Howard averaged 20.6 PPG 3 years ago. 1st amongst centers. If Howard was Ben Wallace, then I would understand "he has no offensive game". But that statement is beyond wrong, so cut it out with that stupid shit will ya? Thanks.

and lets not overrate Chandler. Dallas' best defender was Marion.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
This is a tough debate... if we are talking center purely on a how they fit our team basis there is a lot more need for defense rebounding and playing off the ball. For that my list is this (PFs who could play C are included):

Dwight
Horford
Pau
Marc
Tyson
Noah
Duncan
Bogut
Gortat (potential elite IMO)
Nene

When ranking all the centers in the NBA it would be more like:
Dwight
Horford
Pau
Nene
Jefferson
Bogut
Duncan
Marc
Hibbert
Gortat
Tyson
Noah

KingCharles34

All Star
1. Howard
2. Bynum
3. Horford
4. Duncan
5. Gasol
6. Noah
7. Chandler
8. Nene
9. Bogut
10. Jefferson

11. Bogut

Had to go with Howard at 1, easy choice. Im a big Bynum fan, I love the way he plays. If it wasnt for all the injuries the gap between him and Dwight would be smaller. I like Bynums offense more, he has more post moves.

Horford plays with so much heart, hes probably the shortest player on my list but that doesnt stop him. He can score, rebound, and defend. And hes been doing this, he gave the celtics big problems back in 08.

Duncans old and washed up compared to his old self, but he still puts up very good numbers per 48. Him and KG are both still valuable but almost half of what they once were.

Marc Gasol is very underrated, for the Grizz to have made it as far as they did with Zach Randolph (poor defender) getting big minutes at PF tells us how good he is. He alters shots, plays very good team defense, can score in the low post, shoot, pass, rebound.

Noah...I love his energy, he plays hard and is similar to Tyson Chandler but slightly better

Chandler...6 blocks against the Celtics. Once we get Baron back its gonna be lob city in NY

Nene...been holdin it down for a while for the nuggets

Bogut...most likely to move up

Jefferson...made it on here mostly because of his offense and rebounding. I dont like his defense, if he was above average defensively he'd be much higher on this list

Then you got Lopez, Deandre Jordan, Perkins, Hibbert, and whoever else

The center positions not as bad as some say it is, but i agree it cant compare to the 90's when we had Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Zo Mourning

Metro, im not sure why so many people get things twisted with Dwight. They think because he could still be a better offensive player means that hes not a good offensive player smh. Hes a big problem for every team that has to try and guard him.

metrocard

Legend
Yea, Dwight may not have Kareem or Pat's post moves, but the man get his points regardless, and is the best at it in his position.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
The center positions not as bad as some say it is, but i agree it cant compare to the 90's when we had Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Zo Mourning
in 1995 you had 3 centers at top of scoring list. Hard to believe but it's true. And all 3 of them (Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson) where also great defensively. Current centers can't compare the last one that was dominant offensively was healthy Yao Ming.

metrocard

Legend
in 1995 you had 3 centers at top of scoring list. Hard to believe but it's true. And all 3 of them (Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson) where also great defensively. Current centers can't compare the last one that was dominant offensively was healthy Yao Ming.

its a guards league now.