Melo wants K-Mart to come to Knicks

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
blog_kenyon_martin.jpg

The Knicks have one roster spot still open entering tomorrow?s season opener, and Carmelo Anthony hopes it eventually goes to his former Nuggets teammate Kenyon Martin, according to an NBA source.

According to the source, Anthony wants Martin in New York, though he is not permitted to sign a contract until March, when his Chinese team is through with the playoffs. The rugged forward was bought out earlier this week and was expected home for the holidays.

The source said Martin considers the Knicks his top choice, partly because of his friendship with Anthony. They became tight during their nearly seven seasons together in Denver. Martin could fill the role of another gritty big man off the bench with athleticism.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/source-anthony-wants-martin-on-knicks

Forrest17

Rotation player
i would much rather have wilson chandler, but for his sake I hope he goes somewhere else.. He deserves a lot more minutes and money than we can offer him. I think this guy is our best bet. His numbers dropped a bit last season, but so did his minutes, I think he can be very effective coming off the bench.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Twitter today:
Oakcliffbully_ Kenyon martin
What ya'll think about me in a Knicks jersey this year!! Just a thought people

I agree! Between him JKidd and Richard Jefferson I'll pass. They used to ****ing talk so much shit about us during the Nets run....

True true, but Tim Thomas wasn't much better...that whole forgazi talk n all and he didn't back it up one bit, we were pretty much a one man team (Marbury) in that series. F Tim Thomas too!

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Would rather develop Harrelson, he has looked good enough to fill 10 mins between 4 and 5. I think that Jerome Jordan can fill a few minutes at the 5 too.

Breakdown: This is with Baron, Jeffries, and shump all back potentially
Baron 20 (1)
TD 20 (1,2)
Bibby 10 (1)
Shump 10 (1,2,3)
Fields 30 (2,3)
Skywalker 10 (2,3)
Melo 38 (3)
Balkman 8 (3,4)
Amare 35 (4)
Harrelson 10 (4,5)
Jeffries 10 (4,5)
Chandler 34 (5)
Jerome Jordan 5 (5)

Championship

petescud

Starter
I actually would rather have Wilson Chandler, but that is slim to none, as denver will match the few $$ we can offer him. I think we end up with KMart, which is cool too...Now if we can get a real shooting guard we are real contenders for sure

Kiyaman

Legend
Twitter today:
Oakcliffbully_ Kenyon martin
What ya'll think about me in a Knicks jersey this year!! Just a thought people

This got to be a joke.....K-Mart & Melo never got along from day 1 in Denver.

The Nuggets bigman roster (Camby/Nene/Birdman/Melo) thought GM Kiki was
crazy signing K-Mart to a max contract, and trading Birdman in the same offseason.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This got to be a joke.....K-Mart & Melo never got along from day 1 in Denver.

The Nuggets bigman roster (Camby/Nene/Birdman/Melo) thought GM Kiki was
crazy signing K-Mart to a max contract, and trading Birdman in the same offseason.

Actually K-Mart and Melo are good friends, he was at his wedding, they got mad pics together, LaLa hooked K-Mart up with Trina.

On the contrary that Max deal was bad, I mean bad for Denver 2 or 3 1st rounders I think were involved too