Knicks claim Jeremy Lin

He'S basically the point guard version of Landry Fields.

I saw him in action against the Lakers last season. He's a high energy guy and listens to the coaches. Obviously pretty intelligent and he plays with a lot of effort on defense.

His level of talent however is very limited....he's turnover prone and his decision making is questionable. Not a great shooter either.

It's no coincidence that he was released by the Warriors after a few games and didn't make it in Houston either.

I'd have taken Marcus Banks, NBA veteran who's a legit second or third string PG, played in Phoenix under D'Antoni.

I pray that we'll never see Lin and Fields together on the floor, that would be a nightmare of a backcourt.....

LOL. MY goodness...

haiKarma

Rookie
Mmmm, he IS a turnover machine though. Although he has really good court vision, sometimes he makes his pass intents too obvious. Like...face palm status, which is why he has a lot of turnovers. That is the only qualm I have about him.

I actually never watch the NBA, so my knowledge of basketball is pretty insignificant. Only started watching because of him so I'm only criticizing him in hopes that he will improve on that. =) If I'm wrong about him telegraphing his pass intent then sorry. I watch the NFL so maybe the ability to judge players translates a little? xD He seems to do this mostly near the paint, when it is packed, and he goes for a mid height/low pass.

I'm a Jets fan so hopefully I picked a team that won't give me heart attacks (that minnesota game haha) to compensate.

Go Knicks! A friend had his FB status as: Bandwagoners welcome aboard. But you must never ever get off. =)

Guess I'm stuck. The Jets take years off of my life watching them, but I've stuck with them. I really hope I came at the right time with the knicks xD

Forrest17

Rotation player
Mmmm, he IS a turnover machine though.

Its because he plays too many minutes.

Every game early, he racks up a lot of points and assists and doesn't turn it over.. where as later in the game, his assists go down and his turnovers go up

We really do need a good back up pg we can get some quality minutes from so we don't wipe lin out

haiKarma

Rookie
Its because he plays too many minutes.

Every game early, he racks up a lot of points and assists and doesn't turn it over.. where as later in the game, his assists go down and his turnovers go up

We really do need a good back up pg we can get some quality minutes from so we don't wipe lin out

Ah thats what I read too, I guess fatigue can lead to bad decision making. I just read somewhere (you can tell I'm doing a lot of reading now since I don't know too much about the game in depth) that he has had a history of turnovers.

Just looked it up while writing this post:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/jeremy-lin-5802/stats/

Don't know what to make of it. Looks like he had on average 4 TO a game over his career.

There is this website bballbreakdown that I found and the guy said he is analyzing Jeremy Lin on Youtube by Monday afternoon. He did a video on Lin two years ago and was spot on. Lin has definitely developed since then which makes me excited since it means he can still improve.

portega1968

El Cacique
Mmmm, he IS a turnover machine though

When you play like him changing speeds, looking for teammates and taking it to the hole, turnovers are bound to happen. Some are missed reads with teammates (which will improve with chemistry) and others are from exhaustion. Others are for going too nutty. But its part of the package.

I recall having dudes like Iverson on my fantasy team and happy for the FGs, pts and FTs he would give me, but damn he would kill my stats with his TOs and FG%.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lin within 2-3 weeks will be ahead of Douglas. He is the asian Rubio with above avg defensive ability with playmaking ability. He will help Stat games alot.:crossfingers:

HOLY SHIT Shizzee actually was right, does that mean we should start listening to him

NO

KnickKnack

Rookie
He'S basically the point guard version of Landry Fields.

I saw him in action against the Lakers last season. He's a high energy guy and listens to the coaches. Obviously pretty intelligent and he plays with a lot of effort on defense.

His level of talent however is very limited....he's turnover prone and his decision making is questionable. Not a great shooter either.

It's no coincidence that he was released by the Warriors after a few games and didn't make it in Houston either.

I'd have taken Marcus Banks, NBA veteran who's a legit second or third string PG, played in Phoenix under D'Antoni.

I pray that we'll never see Lin and Fields together on the floor, that would be a nightmare of a backcourt.....

Just saw this, and I had to LOL inside at Marcus Banks over Lin :) Just goes to show that we can't judge a book by its cover.