For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Toney Douglas' Assist Total

• Total voters

Wargames

Starter
FML

I aint even watching this sh*t no more

Melo is a bitch for not being ready

DAntoni is an idiot that cant do ish with a beast Offensive team

WGAF if its our second game. this team is under prepared and under coached.

lost team = lost game

I agree yeah it might be late for them but F*ck that the coach should get them ready for the time change, dudes is playing like they should be asleep. Dudes don't look like they have a system or anything.

Damn Tyson Chandler just said "F*ck your life David Lee..."

Paul1355

All Star
This game was terrible, amare was horrible, fields was embarassing and tyson just kept hacking people, why was amare playong center? This is one reason why we cant win with mike d, how are we going to win if he cant nake adjustments? Douglas sucks at pg

LeFlume

All Star
At least we got this game out of the way. We all knew it was gonna come sooner or later.We're always a disatster in waiting. Might as well get it over with and move on. Beat LA...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This game was terrible, amare was horrible, fields was embarassing and tyson just kept hacking people, why was amare playong center? This is one reason why we cant win with mike d, how are we going to win if he cant nake adjustments? Douglas sucks at pg
Don't forget Melo, I love em but damn he didn't do ANYTHING.

Wargames

Starter
man I wll say it again I will wait for Baron Davis's return before I call for D'antoni;s head. But its games like this that make me really hope for the Phil Jackson & Brian Shaw and their triangle system that the rest of the team can play when the stars are having a bad night. Also WTF fields I think I might jump on that Iman to start at SG if he keeps TO the ball like that. Jeez....

Also this is the second game Amare has been playing that damn perimeter shot like that is his bread and butter. Also you saw Jerome out there a scoring Center. Dude looked ok but he will not get developed with the Knicks..... send him to the D league and let him develop....

mafra

Legend
Knicks only hope this year was for Shumpert to be special & for Davis to be spectacular. Instead, our rookie sprains his knee (while miami found a gem in the draft huh). by the time Davis gets back and gets acclimated, Knicks will be fighting for the 5-7 playoff range. Who cares, right? This team wont win in the playoffs, and they'll never compete with these players & that coach. We have to endure this disappointing season and then we are finally rid of this crappy euro-trash loving metrosexual coach. good riddance. team had a few days off, and they come out flat a mere 1 game into the season? Who are we better than? Cha, Atl, Indy, Phi, Tor, Mil, Orl? maybe not any of them. Bet 20 bucks this team wont be over .500 at the halfway mark this season.

elcol

Rotation player
jesus christ will somebody teach amare some defense. WHY IS HE DOUBLE TEAMING on every single ****ing pick...

douglas, dantoni, bibby etc: why the hell do you guys not call ANY PLAYS, how bout even a pick and roll or just something, they are either giving it to amare for a jumper, melo to iso or a late shot clock three, this was disgraceful. these guys cant guard the pick and roll for crap. they need to run plays if they can't find any offense but i never see a play EVER ran unless its an isolation. i want to punch a wall right now..

TakMan

Rotation player
Landry Fields erased every good thing he did in the 1st half

Douglas and Bibby suck

Carmelo didnt show up

Amare has played like a rookie

Balkman and Walker are the only players i can anything good about

Whereas Bibby may be -partly- excused as this was his first game with the team with limited practice, Douglas' performance is just inexcusable. Also would like to give a special mention to Carmelo Anthony who played as bad in this game, as he played well in the last. Finally; Get Davis on the court ASAP.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Outrebounded by SIXTEEN tonight. SIXTEEN!

You cannot expect to win a game when you get outrebounded by that much it just doesn't happen.

No rebounding happened in this game. In the 4th quarter nobody made any cuts. The ONLY thing that happened for us on the offensive end was we'd get the ball, pass it around the perimeter, and then someone would either settle for a bricked jump shot or drive to the basket and turn it over.

Meanwhile the Warriors got 11 offensive rebounds. They took advantage of mismatches (such as Dorell Wright a 6'9 player with a career 36.5% 3-point percentage being matched up against Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby at times, seriously, come on, what the hell is up with that) and it looked like they drove to the basket at will.

This wasn't Golden State playing great defense, it was our team playing SHIT offense. Where the **** was that offensive genius that was responsible for the Phoenix Suns' success? Oh wait, his name is Steve Nash, he's still IN Phoenix, all we have is Mike D'Antoni, the guy who doesn't believe in boxing out.

Yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing. Jerome Jordan played for 5 minutes and he already did something that nobody else did. He rebounded (twice, one was an offensive rebound), and he drew a foul to get to the basket. Maybe he needs to be coaching the team.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@mafra: this isn't even Eurohoops - there are two words that can describe European basketball: defense and threes. Apparently coach O erased "defense" from that schedule.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
You guys need to all chill the f out. It's one game. Lakers came in 0-2 into the season. Boston is 0-3. Miami almost lost to the Bobcats tonight. Shit happens. Golden state is a good team. Relax, and look forward to the Lakers game tomorrow. Also Melo was off all game and we still held up nicely in the first half.

Sucks Chandler and Melo got into foul trouble again, that's kind of when things fell apart. Overall, I'm not worried. knicks got really sloppy in the end someone just needs to tell TD to stop chucking.

Also keep Jerome Jordan in! He seems like he's good and not a stiff

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's not so much about the fact that they lost as it is the fact that they lost because the opposing team grabbed sixteen more rebounds than they did.

If this game was close the entire time and our team played well and just lost because of a couple of calls that could've gone another way and a jumper or two that took an unlucky bounce that's one thing. But they lost because this offense looked like a college offense - all they did was pass the ball around and then wait for one guy brave enough to get a missed FG so they could turn the ball over to the other team for an open shot.

That's IT. That's ALL THEY DID today. It was sad. Keep that sort of shit offensive game in college, this is the NBA, we need to have players who can create a flowing, moving offense that takes advantage of our advantage in athleticism and it simply didn't happen tonight. I have absolutely no idea how these guys beat the Celtics on Sunday.

TakMan

Rotation player
Did anyone else notice Stoudamire consciously screening his own teammates, allowing for GS players to drive at the hoop?

This happened at least twice.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Give it some time. This is still a new team. Knicks will be fine I'm sure of it. Also you can tell Davis is HUNGRY to get on the court. Once he's on Knicks will simply get better and better. We have the potential. We need the time.

metrocard

Legend
Outrebounded by SIXTEEN tonight. SIXTEEN!

You cannot expect to win a game when you get outrebounded by that much it just doesn't happen.

No rebounding happened in this game. In the 4th quarter nobody made any cuts. The ONLY thing that happened for us on the offensive end was we'd get the ball, pass it around the perimeter, and then someone would either settle for a bricked jump shot or drive to the basket and turn it over.

Meanwhile the Warriors got 11 offensive rebounds. They took advantage of mismatches (such as Dorell Wright a 6'9 player with a career 36.5% 3-point percentage being matched up against Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby at times, seriously, come on, what the hell is up with that) and it looked like they drove to the basket at will.

This wasn't Golden State playing great defense, it was our team playing SHIT offense. Where the **** was that offensive genius that was responsible for the Phoenix Suns' success? Oh wait, his name is Steve Nash, he's still IN Phoenix, all we have is Mike D'Antoni, the guy who doesn't believe in boxing out.

Yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing. Jerome Jordan played for 5 minutes and he already did something that nobody else did. He rebounded (twice, one was an offensive rebound), and he drew a foul to get to the basket. Maybe he needs to be coaching the team.

Good point. We got outbounded by the C's and the W's...not good. I guess we haven't felt Chandler's impact yet.

We have the worst backcourt in the NBA by far.

iSaYughh

Starter
Making Stat primarily a perimeter player was a horrible idea. Its ok when hes hitting his shots but he doesnt have it tonight. Ill give him credit, hes showing some heart but for the most part he just doesnt know how to play defense

STAT used to use his jumper as a last resort, when there was no space or motion.

And it was a deadly last resort.

We also didn't have Melo, so there was no reason to really consider him passing out much of the time.

2 games into a short season, so we will see how things go; but our guard situation isn't just bad, it's a metaphysical abomination.

Even shitty benches on shitty teams have actual NBA point guards and shooting guards.

Watching this backcourt, and particularly Douglas forced into the role of a starting PG and creator....is as awkward and pitiful and futile as watching an elephant try to **** a fly.

The combined effect it is having on neutering STAT, and having our great dane turn into a neutered miniaturized poodle overnight is extremely disheartening.

I'm sure STAT could adapt, also, and he doesn't necessarily need the motion and crevices of space that a real PG brings -- however, with the lockout, this accelerated season, and the effect of Melo (a dominant weapon, and the emotional/mental impact of that, too) it's going to be a real struggle and time crunch.

KingofNy

Starter

Dumbtoni has the best front court in the NBA and he can't design plays to get them open. There was NO ball movement or off ball movement, no designed plays and no defense when it counted.

This coach is full of excuses. His excuse is "we didn't play well". Bullcrap. We're gonna have these problems all season long as long as Dumbtoni doesn't call plays. Isolations, pick and rolls, and chucking up contested shots is Antoni's offense in a nutshell. He doesn't work the refs when Melo and Chandler keep getting called for tictac fouls. Get ready for a Schitty season, it's coming. Dumbtoni sucks and needs to be fired before we waste our stars in their prime on a coach that can't call plays to get his All Stars easy baskets.