Fitness Thread

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree with that description of that debate, however in the vicepresidential debate I felt it went Cheney's way.
I'm still undecided so we'll see what happens on Friday.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
debates over lots of people are saying Bush did better but i still gotta say that he was making ridiculous accusations and repeating his flip-flop theme too much again

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i saw something few hours ago on cnn i don't know if it was the same debate you are talking about or a new one, but from what i saw, kerry made a better impression.
did bush blamed his generals for not having enough troops in iraq?

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
dont remeber but i remeber kerry stated that Bush was spreading the army too thin and Iraq doesnt have enough soldiers

rady

Administrator
Staff member
thank goodness i didn't had my speakers open :)
but i showed it to a friend of mine right after.
what am i'm talking about, this is really spooky, i wonder if it's real...

metrocard

Legend
Anyone needs help with their overall health, fitness, or sports preformance? Just ask anything...I'll prove the info.

Akamu

The King
Wuss poppin? Well bro I was thick up until the age of 6 I started getting skinny and stayed that way eversince. I'm 5'10 and my weight fluctuates from 140 to 147lbs. I workout ever other day off and on. My metabolism is ridiculous at times, I will eat a full meal a feel hungry soon after, I been like that all my life and gaining weight for me is rough.

I'm supposedly suppose to eat 3,000 to 5,000 calories a day to gain 1 pound a week. Man it's rough on me Lol, why can't I get fat.

Alright, I would like to build up my chest more, how can I target my inner chest? My chest is separated (if you get what I mean) My chest plates don't meet, is it because of how I work out or is that a genetic thang? I see people that work out hard have it like that too, but I dunno God made me like that.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Good ol' diamond push ups

30 diamond push ups
do 4 sets.

All your chest exercises

http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html#anchor165455

Us Dominicans don't have that chest build...its genetics. LOL, but don't worry mayne, we gotta other things to replace that. Just work every muscle, there may be muscles you're superior at compared to muscles, do everything for optimal results!

For gaining, it takes a lot of discipline and dedication to your diet.

Just keep increasing your calorie intake, basically just meaning to eat BIGGER than what you ate yesterday.

To help boost calories make a high calorie smoothie with NESTLÉ CARNATION Instant Nonfat Dry Milk , bananas, orange juice, ice cream and some water .
It also help adding cheese to more foods and other "extras". like sour cream on baked potatoes, gravy on meats, butter on vegetables, mayonnaise on sandwiches, cream cheese on fruits.

All nuts are usually very high in calorie, and healthy.
snack on nuts alot. (no homo)

You should be eating at least 6 times a day with meals 3 hours apart from each other. Lets say
1. 7:00am
2. 10:00am
3. 1pm
4. 4pm
5. 7pm
6. 10pm.
Your total caloric intake should consist of
Protein – around 25% of total caloric intake. This include eggs, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken, lean red meat, fish and turkey.
Carbohydrates – around 50% of your caloric intake. Good choices include brown rice, potatoes, beans, whole grain breads and cereals and pastas, oats, fruits and vegetables.
Fats – 25% of your caloric intake that include olive oil, fish oil, nuts and natural peanut or almond butter.

Breakfast: oats, eggs, fruits, cottage cheese, yogurt, high protein cereal, high protein pancakes, etc

Mid morning and mid afternoon snacks: cottage cheese, yogurt, pop top cans of tuna, chicken or salmon, sandwiches, homemade protein shakes or bars, fruit, nuts, etc

Lunch and Dinner: chicken or lean red meat or fish or turkey with potatoes or brown rice or vegetables or beans, etc

Before bedtime: cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, peanut or almond butter, eggs, nuts, etc

TO TRACK CALORIES IN FOODS: http://www.nutritiondata.com/

TO TRACK CALORIES EACH DAY: http://www.fitday.com/

Follow this and report back with your results, good luck primo!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
good thread metro i was thinkin about startin one of these...i see alotta other forums with them

lmao @ snackin on nuts all day

maybe you can post some exercises to help kologero reduce his man boobs :lol:

Im 5'11 156pds....when i graduated high school i was only 132

I weigh more now but i still got really skinny arms...im tryin to build up my biceps. I workout everyday..i do 50-60 push ups, im doin chin ups now, liftin weights, and taking creatine. What excersises can I do to get bigger biceps?

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm kinda having a problem. I'm 6'1 and a 1/2" and I'm usually around 205-210 lbs. I mean, I am not ridiculously big, you can see my abs, there is a lot of definition in my arms and legs, but why am I so heavy? I'm not a body builder. I diet, I cut out all meat 6 months ago and I've become so thin that sometimes my ribs stick out to the point that I look a little anorexic. But I'm still 210. WTF? For real.

metrocard

Legend
good thread metro i was thinkin about startin one of these...i see alotta other forums with them

lmao @ snackin on nuts all day

maybe you can post some exercises to help kologero reduce his man boobs :lol:

Im 5'11 156pds....when i graduated high school i was only 132

I weigh more now but i still got really skinny arms...im tryin to build up my biceps. I workout everyday..i do 50-60 push ups, im doin chin ups now, liftin weights, and taking creatine. What excersises can I do to get bigger biceps?

50-60 push ups is pretty good, I could max out around 70-80, but I normally do 50-60 push ups in about 10 sets, so thats 500-600 push ups a day to keep my chest, back, and whole upper body strong.
Chin ups are awesome.
Weights are beneficial.
Creatine isn't that needed.

For biceps, you could do curls to increase the muscle size and strength
http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ArmWt.html#anchor1910082

I'm kinda having a problem. I'm 6'1 and a 1/2" and I'm usually around 205-210 lbs. I mean, I am not ridiculously big, you can see my abs, there is a lot of definition in my arms and legs, but why am I so heavy? I'm not a body builder. I diet, I cut out all meat 6 months ago and I've become so thin that sometimes my ribs stick out to the point that I look a little anorexic. But I'm still 210. WTF? For real.

If you could see abs and ribs, then your body fat % is consider average-low around your core area.

You should consider doing a routine that consist of cardio to help build your heart rate, increase your stamina and burn fat, almost mix it with strength training exercises to build muscles (Muscles help burn the fat quicker).

Around 6"2, you have an excellent frame and would be really fit at 180-190; therefor you're really close to accomplishing a great task.

You're eating good, and work/school/family/friends may get in the way of your exercise.

Go for a run, 10 laps around the park, block, or anything in your area. Come back to your crib and eat something, rest the body for 20-30 minutes and do a little variety of work outs at your house. (push ups-max out, do 3 sets, sit ups or planks, lunges).

I think its achievable for you, hopefully you come back with the best results.
Peace.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
50-60 push ups is pretty good, I could max out around 70-80, but I normally do 50-60 push ups in about 10 sets, so thats 500-600 push ups a day to keep my chest, back, and whole upper body strong.
Chin ups are awesome.
Weights are beneficial.
Creatine isn't that needed.

For biceps, you could do curls to increase the muscle size and strength

yea the creatine really hasnt done anything to help me :td:

im new to doin pushups and chin ups on the regular...it was tough as fukk at first but its gettin easier. I think im havin problems with my biceps because my arms are so long...tayshaun prince like. But im gonna keep workin at it...how often should i lift?

metrocard

Legend

im new to doin pushups and chin ups on the regular...it was tough as fukk at first but its gettin easier. I think im havin problems with my biceps because my arms are so long...tayshaun prince like. But im gonna keep workin at it...how often should i lift?

I got long arms too for a 5"10 guy, which makes it harder to get the full range of motion on my work out.

Do it 3-5 times a week if you want to see max results, but just for a busy person, 3 times a week is good.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I got long arms too for a 5"10 guy, which makes it harder to get the full range of motion on my work out.

Do it 3-5 times a week if you want to see max results, but just for a busy person, 3 times a week is good.

aight i appreciate the help metro. I already lifted 4 times this week so im gonna take today off :cool: :smokin:

Akamu

The King
Good ol' diamond push ups

30 diamond push ups
do 4 sets.

All your chest exercises

http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html#anchor165455

Us Dominicans don't have that chest build...its genetics. LOL, but don't worry mayne, we gotta other things to replace that. Just work every muscle, there may be muscles you're superior at compared to muscles, do everything for optimal results!

For gaining, it takes a lot of discipline and dedication to your diet.

Just keep increasing your calorie intake, basically just meaning to eat BIGGER than what you ate yesterday.

To help boost calories make a high calorie smoothie with NESTLÉ CARNATION Instant Nonfat Dry Milk , bananas, orange juice, ice cream and some water .
It also help adding cheese to more foods and other "extras". like sour cream on baked potatoes, gravy on meats, butter on vegetables, mayonnaise on sandwiches, cream cheese on fruits.

All nuts are usually very high in calorie, and healthy.
snack on nuts alot. (no homo)

You should be eating at least 6 times a day with meals 3 hours apart from each other. Lets say
1. 7:00am
2. 10:00am
3. 1pm
4. 4pm
5. 7pm
6. 10pm.
Your total caloric intake should consist of
Protein – around 25% of total caloric intake. This include eggs, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken, lean red meat, fish and turkey.
Carbohydrates – around 50% of your caloric intake. Good choices include brown rice, potatoes, beans, whole grain breads and cereals and pastas, oats, fruits and vegetables.
Fats – 25% of your caloric intake that include olive oil, fish oil, nuts and natural peanut or almond butter.

Breakfast: oats, eggs, fruits, cottage cheese, yogurt, high protein cereal, high protein pancakes, etc

Mid morning and mid afternoon snacks: cottage cheese, yogurt, pop top cans of tuna, chicken or salmon, sandwiches, homemade protein shakes or bars, fruit, nuts, etc

Lunch and Dinner: chicken or lean red meat or fish or turkey with potatoes or brown rice or vegetables or beans, etc

Before bedtime: cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, peanut or almond butter, eggs, nuts, etc

TO TRACK CALORIES IN FOODS: http://www.nutritiondata.com/

TO TRACK CALORIES EACH DAY: http://www.fitday.com/

Follow this and report back with your results, good luck primo!

That is what I didn't want to hear, I don't like diamonds lol. I do them though, I had people telling me to do diamonds. Do you know anything else I could do? I have dumbbells 20lbs and 25pounders.

Bagel with peanut butter, also I do snack on sum nuts, not that I like 'em but yea they have that extra calorie I need. Bananas all day, you know! platano frito, mangu con webo Lol!

I know friends that took creatine, I don't take that shyt, I'm all natural screw that garbage. I think lifting every other day is pretty good, to give your body a rest and so that your cells can regenerate properly.

metrocard

Legend
That is what I didn't want to hear, I don't like diamonds lol. I do them though, I had people telling me to do diamonds. Do you know anything else I could do? I have dumbbells 20lbs and 25pounders.

Bagel with peanut butter, also I do snack on sum nuts, not that I like 'em but yea they have that extra calorie I need. Bananas all day, you know! platano frito, mangu con webo Lol!

I know friends that took creatine, I don't take that shyt, I'm all natural screw that garbage. I think lifting every other day is pretty good, to give your body a rest and so that your cells can regenerate properly.

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html

Good brother, get to the level when you could walk around shirtless and have girls throw themselves at you...lol I'm almost at that level and college is coming soon.

Akamu

The King
Thanks for the dumb bell link, it's pretty good. Bro I'm pumping myself up until I blow up!! I'mma a pebble becoming a rock, I am downing food too like never before I am gonna push myself until I see stretch marks Lol!