Fitness Thread

metrocard

Legend
I run 40 miles at least a week, don't think I need this

752.gif

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Personal trainer metro? Didn't know there was a fitness thread. Yo, what can you tell me about ab work? I do 333 sit-ups a day ( 3 reps of 111). I'm seeing results but I do want to work on all ab muscles. Which routines would be best to maximize my training?(Preferably without machines)

quiggle

Starter
what's good for a fatso like me who hasn't exercised in years with creaky knees? something slow and light to get it going. thanks!

metrocard

Legend
Personal trainer metro? Didn't know there was a fitness thread. Yo, what can you tell me about ab work? I do 333 sit-ups a day ( 3 reps of 111). I'm seeing results but I do want to work on all ab muscles. Which routines would be best to maximize my training?(Preferably without machines)

333 is a cool number, but you shouldn't worry about that.

Worry about time in between sets, how long do you rest between those sets?

I hope you're not going 3 crunches 111 times...but its all good, because I see you want CORE STRENGTH.

Core = back, abs, obliques, the trunk...where you get all your explosive power from.

Best exercises for the core?

A good diet.
Planks
Wall sits
Bicycle crunches
Squats
Deadlifts
Even Push ups(push ups are always done in a plank position).

Doing crunches get boring and repetitive.

You want to keep it innovative and fun.

Try out those exercises with 30 secs - 1 min rest.

quiggle, get a jumprope...learn how to jumprope, and it'll do wonders for you.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thanks metro. The info is greatly appreciated.

Lol. Yea I meant to say 111 reps of 3. I get what you're saying about switching it up on exercises. Not only do you keep it fun but it also works out many different types of muscles that you have. I use to work out on the daily but a physician told me that I had to let my body rest so that the muscle could grow. And also switchin it up on exercises. Trying to get to that warrior status.

metrocard

Legend
believe it or not, that mother****er is right.
My body grew quickly (in muscle mass and definition) when I stopped sleepig 5-6 hours and started doing 7-8 hours...you feel more refreshed today and ready to conquer the day.

I see potential in you, so report back with good results!

Pricey

Rotation player
Metro, ive trained for 8-9 years pretty seriously but i hurt my back 2 years ago. Slipped disc pressing on my nerves that go down to my legs so i havent really done much for 2 years and lost everything i had.
Im 5'7 and weight 72kg so not sure what that is how u guys weigh.
Ive been power walking and jogging for the last couple months as my back has improved and now been hitting the weights and have seen some results but im finding it really hard to lose the weight of my lower abs.
Since i cant train my back and legs due to my injury what can i do to lose that extra skin folds and tone up my legs.

Also whats ur views on cardio in the morn on a empty stomach or running at night immediatley after weights.
I found b4 my injury that running on empty was great to burn off the weight but it did affect my muscle growth but have heard that running after weights is excellent as long as its only for around 30-40mins.

im also using Hydroxy Fuel and Whey Protein.

metrocard

Legend
You already close to your goal because you're very active and on the maintenance stage.

The process of toning involves restoring muscle/losing body fat.
Since muscle is denser than fat, people who tone may not lose weight but appear more fit looking.
Weight loss involves losing more fat than gaining muscle.

The combination of weight training, aerobic exercise and sound eating habits have shown to be the most effective for fat loss and toning.

Toning = the restoration of muscle and the simultaneous decrease of fat.

Aerobic exercise like your jogging, power walking burns fat during exercise, anaerobic exercises, like weight training or sprints (HIIT) utilize fat hours after exercise.

Weight training exercises that use large muscle groups (Gluteus Maximus, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Chest, and Back exercises), with resistance, have the most potential for restoring lean body weight and raising the metabolism hours after exercise.

Whey protein before and after a work out will optimize your attributes.

If you want an exercise prescription...just list your goals and targets.

Last edited: