Goddamn! Too much panic!

How many games will it take to provide a valid sample?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

TYPE-A
don_t_panic_button-758852.jpg

I of all people see and argued about the clear holes and dificiencies of Mike D'Antoni.

But yo, after a total of Four games, this list that I will present has obvious answers. Tell me if you agree.

1. We are STILL getting out rebounded.

MOA's offense leaves guy's surrounded on the perimeter, in poor position to box out and rebound. He likes to keep the paint clear, ergo no one is home. Doesn't matter if Wilt the Stilt was on the team. Easy.

2. Our defense looks lost.

(Yes I've posted this already) We do have new bodies, injured bodies, and a stable full of shooters who aren't adept at defensive fundamentals.

We have a new scheme, and we did turn over GS may times by virtue of guys better playing the passing lanes. Defense takes trust.

3. Our offense looks stagnant at times.

While ball movement is a staple of MOA's offense, we have aquired guys who prefer to hold the rock, go into their tripple threat, then attack when they see an opening. Ball movement can be used to get guys open who usually can't do so on their own. It can make mediocre players look better because scoring becomes a team concept not individual.

Issue here is that that's not needed all the time.

4. Mike D'Antoni needs a pg for his system, when we get B-Diddy back things will change.

Mike D'Antoni needs a lot of things. Using wishful thinking is normal when the answers aren't apparent. But recall, it's not just any PG, its one who: is fast, can make decisions, run the P & R etc... right up until we describe Steve Nash. Guess what? There's only one Steve Nash, and he's on the wrong side of 30!

Consider the following:

*New Team
*Limited gel time
*Injuries
*A one way to win approach/philosophy- many ways to lose effect
*A coach who hasn't demonstrated the ability to a) make bigs better b) make a team's defense better c) prevent players from making the same mistakes over and over d) use players mostly at their natural positions e) uses poor match-up rotations

And we can conclude that time is needed to correct and adjust. Time.

So let's agree: 20 games or 1/3 of the season should provide a better sampling of what to expect. We went on runs with worse teams under poorer circumstances.

Remember... it's not how you start, but how you finish.

Boston lost 3 in a row.

Last years HEAT team didn't win and had a few low points.

Coaches can get fired mid-season.

The trade deadline is in March.

And the sky is still above us and is blue.

If "IF" were a fifth, we'd all be drunk.

Calm down. Take this as a learning experience as losing is the inevitable. No team in the NBA goes undefeated so its better to lose early than late.

Belief and determination should override fear and disbelief. Put things into perspcetive. Recall who and what we were years prior. Keep the goal in mind.

And finally the most important thing...

There is a reason for everything...

Including why Mike D'Antoni has NOT received a contract extention.

WoooSahhhhh! Rub your ears!

Last edited:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Good Post needed to sober some fans up.

Doesn't change the fact something need to be addressed immediately. We are going to see growing pains with out a doubt. But one thing is for sure we need a PG to take control of the offense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I definitely agree with this post but if the Knicks come out with another uninspired game like they did last night, it will be a problem for most people after only 3 games. Trust me.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I am PANICED

don_t_panic_button-758852.jpg

I of all people see and argued about the clear holes and dificiencies of Mike D'Antoni.

But yo, after a total of Four games, this list that I will present has obvious answers. Tell me if you agree.

1. We are STILL getting out rebounded.

MOA's offense leaves guy's surrounded on the perimeter, in poor position to box out and rebound. He likes to keep the paint clear, ergo no one is home. Doesn't matter if Wilt the Stilt was on the team. Easy.

2. Our defense looks lost.

(Yes I've posted this already) We do have new bodies, injured bodies, and a stable full of shooters who aren't adept at defensive fundamentals.

We have a new scheme, and we did turn over GS may times by virtue of guys better playing the passing lanes. Defense takes trust.

3. Our offense looks stagnant at times.

While ball movement is a staple of MOA's offense, we have aquired guys who prefer to hold the rock, go into their tripple threat, then attack when they see an opening. Ball movement can be used to get guys open who usually can't do so on their own. It can make mediocre players look better because scoring becomes a team concept not individual.

Issue here is that that's not needed all the time.

4. Mike D'Antoni needs a pg for his system, when we get B-Diddy back things will change.

Mike D'Antoni needs a lot of things. Using wishful thinking is normal when the answers aren't apparent. But recall, it's not just any PG, its one who: is fast, can make decisions, run the P & R etc... right up until we describe Steve Nash. Guess what? There's only one Steve Nash, and he's on the wrong side of 30!

Consider the following:

*New Team
*Limited gel time
*Injuries
*A one way to win approach/philosophy- many ways to lose effect
*A coach who hasn't demonstrated the ability to a) make bigs better b) make a team's defense better c) prevent players from making the same mistakes over and over d) use players mostly at their natural positions e) uses poor match-up rotations

And we can conclude that time is needed to correct and adjust. Time.

So let's agree: 20 games or 1/3 of the season should provide a better sampling of what to expect. We went on runs with worse teams under poorer circumstances.

Remember... it's not how you start, but how you finish.

Boston lost 3 in a row.

Last years HEAT team didn't win and had a few low points.

Coaches can get fired mid-season.

The trade deadline is in March.

And the sky is still above us and is blue.

If "IF" were a fifth, we'd all be drunk.

Calm down. Take this as a learning experience as losing is the inevitable. No team in the NBA goes undefeated so its better to lose early than late.

Belief and determination should override fear and disbelief. Put things into perspcetive. Recall who and what we were years prior. Keep the goal in mind.

And finally the most important thing...

There is a reason for everything...

Including why Mike D'Antoni has NOT received a contract extention.

WoooSahhhhh! Rub your ears!
Good post...mostly I agree. What I saw was both the knicks and GS had split personality with the Knkicks not showing up in the second half. I expected a GS run, I did not expect a total Knicks collapse in the 4th quarter ...so today I am tired , pissed and cranky.
I had cut D'antoni alot of slack but as you say..his time is running short as the defensive lapses were back...plus poor attitude.

I know GS beat the BULLS the night before plus they did not have CURRY....we just sucked.

***** I am tired of "same shit , different day"******.

I may have to call my therapist again if this does not change .

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...You're right.

We gotta give him some time to sort this out. It wouldn't be a big deal if this wasn't the same old Mike D'Antoni shit that we've been seeing for the past four years. No boxing out. Poor defensive rotations. Constantly allowing their SF to match up against our PG for an easy 3. These are things that high school coaches know to fix.

I'm more upset with seeing the same results as last year and fear it will continue...we are struggling bad against teams without their main men (Pierce,Curry).
I'll take my finger off of the button for now. But if we see the same crap tonight I'm going to wear that button the F-out...hopefully i can do it over D'Ants head.
I can only imagine the discussions between coach Woods and D’Antoni
----
D’Ant: “Woody, I need your help badly, the boss is infuriated and the fans want my head”
Woodson: “Don’t worry so much about the PG, you have Stat and Melo, so design some plays for them. Sometimes you have to adjust and make the best of what you have; it’s never good to force something that isn’t working. Maybe, later when the team gels a bit more your style of balling will show some signs of progress. But, in the mean time…try drawing up some plays for your best offensive guys and have them spend most of their energy on defense”.
D’Ant: “What!? No, I think we have a better chance if we play hot potato until the potato lands in the hands of the hottest players”.
Woodson: “huh,ok, how do you get the players hot?”
D’Ant: “By running them around until they start sweating and panting, by then someone should be warmed up enough”.
Woodson: “uhmmm, ok, well defensive plays not only make a player hot…they motivate the rest of team. They become more involved and focused when stopping other teams from making easy baskets; easy baskets often drain the opposition’s energy and morale”.
D’Ant: Hey, my energy and moral is peaking brother, I asked you for some advice and all you have to give me is some nonsense about energy and confidence? I guess you know now why I’m the head coach and you’re just an assistant. Anyway, I’ll talk to you later woody…I’m going to talk to the boss about hosting a talk show again...energy and morale...pffft.."
Woodson: *face palm*
------
Just joking, Idk what the coaches are saying to each other but I have to have some fun with this crap….

Seba

Benchwarmer
I have to admit that I AM panicking, and that's not because we are performing awfuly in every aspect of the game, but because I'm not able to see any effort in doing it differently.

This isn't Felton trying to learn how to pick and roll, this is the whole team choking up jumpers without even trying to do something else. That's concerning man. There is no game plan at all!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
As a Laker fan trust me Ive seen many night where my team gets washed by a lesser team because their heads are not in it like the loss to Sac town for example. A lot of you have high expectations for the Knicks I do as well but you gotta give it some time especially since Baron Davis isn't healthy he honestly can be the most important piece to the Knicks offense this year. We all know Mike Dantoni needs a competent PG to make his offense go and we can all agree TD is not that man.

KingCharles34

All Star
Too many panty wearing salty kids on this site, yea they played fukkin horrible last night but its one game. Give them 20 games, i dont wanna see any more dudes gettin their pantys wet on here. You dudes are all nervous, sweatin and salty. But hey if Knicks Chick's pantys happen to get wet allow me to be the first in line for a free sniff :)

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I'd hate to burst yall bubble but the knicks could have damn near all starts at all positions but as long as D antoni is coach and that flaming fag is still owner, I just don't see a championship anytime soon. I would love to see Jeff Van Gundy Back, or even Phil Jackson.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
Too many panty wearing salty kids on this site, yea they played fukkin horrible last night but its one game. Give them 20 games, i dont wanna see any more dudes gettin their pantys wet on here. You dudes are all nervous, sweatin and salty. But hey if Knicks Chick's pantys happen to get wet allow me to be the first in line for a free sniff :)

For some reason I have alot of faith in this asian kid lin, he looks dependable and very unselfish, I hate to see talent sitting on the bench when we are loosing anyways, like last year, with a shitty record I can't understand why a coach wouldn't want to utilize potential.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO people (me included) are not panicking because we lost, shit happens and will happen plenty of times this season. But there was no effort, no motivation. They could even stay in the locker room saying "no mood for balling tonight", it'd be exactly the same thing, they were on the court but it looked like they were not interested in playing, keep aside winning. Warriors also lacked motivation, but when they realized we allow them to do everything they want they started fighting seeing they can smash us. IMO our guys should be fined by Dolan for playing such a shitty hoops, no motivation at work, no results = no money.

hopefully this will not be deja vu. year after year we give this coach plenty of slack...
saying the same things (negative/positive). I can give the Warriors game a pass, actually ....just recognize some last year weaknesses returning. Maybe the jetlag wore off some and they'll play with a sense of timing tonight

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I definitely agree with this post but if the Knicks come out with another uninspired game like they did last night, it will be a problem for most people after only 3 games. Trust me.
that shits all relevant tho homie

if we play like we did in gs than **** yeah itll be an issue

if we go down to a buzzer beater or some bs then thats hard luck n hard times

i just think this team is underachieveng cos a the bluprint being a ****ing joke.

we got the tools for the job but the HC dont know what the **** to do with them cos he aint got no pg but whatever

petescud

Starter
yep-er .... we have zero guard play , and along with no defense, this is our NY Knicks as of today. Hopefully tomorrow changes some for the better

Crazy⑧s;192472 said:
I would refer to the league's worst defense and offense as a reason for concern.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
League's worst defense and offense while having two of the league's top 20 players.

At the very least our OFFENSE should be good, we have Carmelo ****ING Anthony!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
League's worst defense and offense while having two of the league's top 20 players.

At the very least our OFFENSE should be good, we have Carmelo ****ING Anthony!

D'Antoni's a failed mathematician feigning as a basketball coach.

Did you hear what they said on TNT at the start of the 3rd?

Something reminiscent of:

Mike D'Antoni was sitting at the bench after coming out of the locker room calculating the required amount of shots and the % of makes required to get back in the game.

That was the game plan coming in to the 3rd - a notoriously troublesome quarter for the Knicks. Score points through spacing and ISOs at x% and win. No high % plays, just chuckity chuck chuck.

Crazy⑧s;192498 said:
D'Antoni's a failed mathematician feigning as a basketball coach.

Did you hear what they said on TNT at the start of the 3rd?

Something reminiscent of:

Mike D'Antoni was sitting at the bench after coming out of the locker room calculating the required amount of shots and the % of makes required to get back in the game.

That was the game plan coming in to the 3rd - a notoriously troublesome quarter for the Knicks. Score points through spacing and ISOs at x% and win. No high % plays, just chuckity chuck chuck.

Yup, Kevin Harlan said something like: "Mike D'Antoni calcuated at thalftime that all the Knicks need to do in order to win this game is to reduce the Lakers FG% from 71% to 61%"

I was like "WTF?"

Did anyone else hear that from Harlan....unbelievable D'Antoni really did that, he's so thick.

Red

TYPE-A
Well we have argued what was the issue with this team for YEARS, we have turned over all stones looking for solutions...

Players vs Coach vs Philosophy vs Unforseen Circumstances

The weather
The front office
God...

We have blamed everyone blamable. Marbury, Isaiah, Dolan, JVG, the interns...

image.jpg

We wanted to hold out hope. Maybe if this happened, or tha happened...smh

But deep down inside we knew this guy doesn't belong in this building!

Remember when he first started? Remember the benching of Marbury to prove his point? Remember how we blamed Marbury, then Nate, then Crawford, then Randolph and Darko.... remember how they all looked so much better playing for other coaches? Remeber?

Well are we convinced yet? It wasn't them , it was him!