If this is not a coaching issue, what is it?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I said the same thing, WTF is wrong with them?All of a sudden they forgot how to play the game, no, i think this coach has lost this team.It happens more than u think.

Yep, and this is the main reason why he has to go. His scheme and lack of "proper components" for his "system" is secondary to a team not responding to the appointed leader.

Time to cut bait, but will Dolan do that?

Methinks, no.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I think that you have to consider this:

Has Amare ever been this bad in his entire career ?
Has Melo ever been this bad in his entire career?

The answer to these tow questions is no. Amare and Melo are fantastically talented, veteran NBA superstars, regular all-stars and before this season lots of other NBA teams would give their right arms to have.

So, given that, why are these two players playing so badly?

IT IS THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY KIND OF STRATEGY !!! A COMPLETE LACK OF ANY COHERENT COACHING !!

These two players that last season we were incredibly excited about having have not suddenly become bad players. Players who can`t score, can`t perform. They have slumped because WE HAVE THE WORST COACH IN THE NBA

Of course other players are an issue but I am using `Melo and Stat. to showcase the arguement. Both these players are great players and great players do not become mediocre overnight. I have no doubt that both players can co-exist, no doubt at all if only we had a coach who actually ran some plays.

Amare Stoudemire is one of the most devestating scorers in the paint. One of the greatest proponents of the pick and roll. What kind of moron coach runs no pick and roll plays when you have that kind of a player?

`Melo is a great post up player. Not just scoring form that position but drawing double teams in so as to play some inside-out game. When was the last time you saw `Melo in the post.

The arguement that the problem is that we haven`t had time to gel is now a completely redundant one, for two reasons.

1. Every team in the NBA had the same. The lockout, the short pre-season, no training camp. therefore, if everyone has had the same then one team can`t use it as an excuse.

2. If it is indeed the case that we are playing so badly because we haven`t had time to gel then things would be gradually improving. With every game that passes we should see little improvements, defensively, offensively, chemistry, etc. As the games come things should gradually get better and we should be seeing the green shoots of recovery as the minutes of the games tick by. That is not happening, if anything, we are actually getting worse.

The reason that D`Antoni is terrible and must go are far too many for me to list, we all know them. He must go and go now before our season is a complete waste. Right now I can`t think of a single team in the NBA that we look like beating.

Our stars have not become bad players, certainly not as bad as they are playing right now. They have no coaching, no motivation. Can you imagine what it would be like as a player of any sporting team if you are losing night in, night out and the coach just tells you to keep doing what you are doing? All D`Antoni does is clap his hands and say "Lets go . . . Lets go" What use is that?

My fear is that Baron Davis will return and we will improve and that will actually mask the complete idiocy and incompetence of no D`Antoni. My fear is that we will have this moron of a coach all season long and come the end of the season we will still be seeing this idiot sitting in his chair, arms crossed doing nothing whilst we continue to brick threes and Amare continues to drive to the basket like a fat woman in a cake shop whose just been told that every cake is free.

Sack the coach, bring in someone who realises that we have, potentially, a completely dominant front court and let`s see the Knicks play some real basketball.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Good Thread

This thread is a good read. Kudos, particularly to Crazy8s, Scipio, Nuckles and Red. I am with Crazy8s but Scipio makes some good points. It is not just the coach.

fender0577

Rotation player

The answer to these tow questions is no. Amare and Melo are fantastically talented, veteran NBA superstars, regular all-stars and before this season lots of other NBA teams would give their right arms to have.

IT IS THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY KIND OF STRATEGY !!! A COMPLETE LACK OF ANY COHERENT COACHING !!

These two players that last season we were incredibly excited about having have not suddenly become bad players. Players who can`t score, can`t perform. They have slumped because WE HAVE THE WORST COACH IN THE NBA

Of course other players are an issue but I am using `Melo and Stat. to showcase the arguement. Both these players are great players and great players do not become mediocre overnight. I have no doubt that both players can co-exist, no doubt at all if only we had a coach who actually ran some plays.

Amare Stoudemire is one of the most devestating scorers in the paint. One of the greatest proponents of the pick and roll. What kind of moron coach runs no pick and roll plays when you have that kind of a player?

`Melo is a great post up player. Not just scoring form that position but drawing double teams in so as to play some inside-out game. When was the last time you saw `Melo in the post.

The arguement that the problem is that we haven`t had time to gel is now a completely redundant one, for two reasons.

1. Every team in the NBA had the same. The lockout, the short pre-season, no training camp. therefore, if everyone has had the same then one team can`t use it as an excuse.

2. If it is indeed the case that we are playing so badly because we haven`t had time to gel then things would be gradually improving. With every game that passes we should see little improvements, defensively, offensively, chemistry, etc. As the games come things should gradually get better and we should be seeing the green shoots of recovery as the minutes of the games tick by. That is not happening, if anything, we are actually getting worse.

The reason that D`Antoni is terrible and must go are far too many for me to list, we all know them. He must go and go now before our season is a complete waste. Right now I can`t think of a single team in the NBA that we look like beating.

Our stars have not become bad players, certainly not as bad as they are playing right now. They have no coaching, no motivation. Can you imagine what it would be like as a player of any sporting team if you are losing night in, night out and the coach just tells you to keep doing what you are doing? All D`Antoni does is clap his hands and say "Lets go . . . Lets go" What use is that?

My fear is that Baron Davis will return and we will improve and that will actually mask the complete idiocy and incompetence of no D`Antoni. My fear is that we will have this moron of a coach all season long and come the end of the season we will still be seeing this idiot sitting in his chair, arms crossed doing nothing whilst we continue to brick threes and Amare continues to drive to the basket like a fat woman in a cake shop whose just been told that every cake is free.

Sack the coach, bring in someone who realises that we have, potentially, a completely dominant front court and let`s see the Knicks play some real basketball.
You my friend...are correct.Post of the day, so far.

CA7

Scoring Champ

I wanna print this post out and make love to it during the Knicks-Nuggets game, because this is everything I feel. IDK how blind guys can be and not see that in 08 and 09 STAT and Melo had probably their best years in their career and all of a sudden they cant do anything because they aren't being put in a position to succeed.

If we still had Chauncey Billups things would be totally different as he is a leader on and off the court we need.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Thanks for such positive responses guys. There are two main reasons for my above post.

1. I can`t believe that any Knicks fan is still sticking up for D`Antoni. I can only deduce that they don`t actually watch the Knicks.

2. I`m so sick and bloody tired of people saying that Stat. and `Melo are bad players, lazy, selfish, they don`t care etc. etc. And even more annoyed by people who keep saying let`s trade them. They are both NBA superstars. Knicks fans seem to have forgotten that last season Stat. got 30 or more pints in how many games in a row? And that Knicks fans were chanting MVP whenever he got to the free throw line. They are great players and will be again once we have a real basketball coach and not the stuffed manequin idiot pretend coach that we have now. Why do people keep talking about trading them? At the start of the season our front court was being described as the best in the league. I believ that it still is but it just needs to play basketball and not Damphoni`s stupid braindead shot on sight crap. Run the pick and roll and watch Stat begin the destruction of the opponents paint again. Get the ball to `Melo in motion and watch him wreak havoc.

skisloper

Starter
If denver blows us out tonight I can see that being the icing on Dantonios cake.

However I do see the team stepping up tonight as if there was ever a pride game since the trade this is it......Tonight our superstars should be pure superstars,,,,

KingofNy

Starter

Nice post man... Rep +1!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Reporter: What was your read on Melo's game tonight, a night where we expected more from him, he shot 2 for 12 in 3 quarters....wha- can you get a feel for what's wrong with him?

D'Antoni: I think players are aaaaahhhhhhh a product of the team and........I don't like to look at stats in that manor.

Ladies and gentlemen, we what the ****?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Is it time?

super_funny_pictures_of_the_40_funniest_animated_gifs_all__15_20090805_1817294270.gif

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I still don't understand how it's OK for Melo to be 2 for 12 as long as the team is up 8. That's not how accountability works. Is it not ok when we're trailing by 8? Then how come the same shots go up, regardless of the game situation?

What are you saying to yourself as you process this information?

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
Reporter: What was your read on Melo's game tonight, a night where we expected more from him, he shot 2 for 12 in 3 quarters....wha- can you get a feel for what's wrong with him?

D'Antoni: I think players are aaaaahhhhhhh a product of the team and........I don't like to look at stats in that manor.

Ladies and gentlemen, we what the ****?

LOL I was thinking the same thing. He said " I don't look at stats..." WTF does he look at than? HAHA:barf:

KingofNy

Starter
If denver blows us out tonight I can see that being the icing on Dantonios cake.

However I do see the team stepping up tonight as if there was ever a pride game since the trade this is it......Tonight our superstars should be pure superstars,,,,

Quote from Twitter:
Chris Sheridan - Don't think Knicks will fire M.D'Antoni after that one. If he loses the next one in Charlotte, adios, IMHO. (FYI: J.Dolan was not at game.)

https://twitter.com/#!/sheridanhoops

Hopefully Dolan was watching on TV and saw D'Antoni bench a hot Walker, not play starters in OT and still get killed by the corner 3 like always.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Can I please stress the fact that MDA said he's cool with Melo being 2 for 12? Apparently, our coach doesn't look at stats like that.

I dunno....but this is pretty alarming to me, and kind of explains why STAT & Melo have free reign to shoot us out of games.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Can I please stress the fact that MDA said he's cool with Melo being 2 for 12? Apparently, our coach doesn't look at stats like that.

I dunno....but this is pretty alarming to me, and kind of explains why Melo have free reign to shoot us out of games.

Fixed it! ;)

nuckles2k2

Superstar
You wanna hear my oppinion?

REBUILD!

Jeremy Lin, some 2-man game between STAT and Melo, off-ball screens for Fields, Tyson patrolling the low block, Fields/Shump, TD, Walker, and Jordan in a 9 man rotation, with Novac and Jeffries getting spot, specialized, mins if the game dictates it, and the Knicks are a top 4 team in the East.

MDA content with perimeter shots, and combo guards desperately trying to play as a pure point, failing, and forcing Melo to be a point-forward, watching the team shoot an early lead away, equals a 7-11 record.

The only trade I would make is STAT and Chandler for Dwight, mainly because we can't bank on Amar'e staying healthy for the duration of his contract. If he can't give us what he did last year, on a consistent basis, there's no reason to keep him around....other than sentimental value.

And if a team is willing to take that gamble off of your hands with Dwight coming the other way, you do it. Don't think twice, do not pass GO, do not collect 200, just do it.