Amare needs Baron more then anybody else

KingCharles34

All Star
Stoudemire is not as good of a one on one player as some of us think he is, unless his jumpshot is on. Nash used to get him easy baskets, the only legit run and gun point guard Stat has played with in NY is Ray Felton. Lets not get into an argument over whether or not hes legit, compared to Douglas he is and im'a leave it at that.

Billups is more of a halfcourt point guard, Baron is the type of point guard Amare needs. Smh @ that Melo is a cancer thread. Melo's not a cancer and hes not a point guard like Dantoni is forcing him to be. Melo played aright last night, the 5 turnovers was because hes trying to do much due to the fact that we have to overcompensate for not having any guards....forget point guards, we barely even have any guards. And i noticed at least twice Melo made bad passes because nobody else was moving at all, the offense was very stagnant. Im not trying to completely defend him either he still coulda played better.

Its still too quick to panic, way to soon. Im not sure how good this team is but they're not as bad as they're playing. Just hang in there knicks fans, I dont think it will take shumpert much time to get back where he was. Hes a strong, athletic guy and he will help when he comes back. Baron, even if hes not in good shape hes better then douglas and bibby. Barons said all the right things, he looks like hes motivated. He said he wanted to be in great shape before he returns so Im guessing if hes saying 3 weeks that a little bit of that time will be doing physical therapy for his back and the rest of the time will be spent running 20 miles in soft sand, on or off land

*EDIT*

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217918/DAntoni_Davis_Weeks_Away_From_Making_Knicks_Debut

Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said it could be five weeks before Baron Davis makes his Knicks debut.

“Everything I hear is positive, but there’s no timetable yet,’’ D’Antoni said. “He’s doing everything possible to get ready as soon as he can. But it’s going to be a while. I keep asking him every hour or so. He’s still got about five weeks to go. .’’

Davis, despite his rehab program from a herniated disk, is traveling with the club.

sadcam_design.png

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Stoudemire also has to stop making bad decisions. He's getting paid 100 million, at least play smart. I rather him score nothing and focus much more on defense if it makes us play better.

Red

TYPE-A
Stoudemire is not as good of a one on one player as some of us think he is, unless his jumpshot is on. Nash used to get him easy baskets, the only legit run and gun point guard Stat has played with in NY is Ray Felton. Lets not get into an argument over whether or not hes legit, compared to Douglas he is and im'a leave it at that.

Billups is more of a halfcourt point guard, Baron is the type of point guard Amare needs. Smh @ that Melo is a cancer thread. Melo's not a cancer and hes not a point guard like Dantoni is forcing him to be. Melo played aright last night, the 5 turnovers was because hes trying to do much due to the fact that we have to overcompensate for not having any guards....forget point guards, we barely even have any guards. And i noticed at least twice Melo made bad passes because nobody else was moving at all, the offense was very stagnant. Im not trying to completely defend him either he still coulda played better.

Its still too quick to panic, way to soon. Im not sure how good this team is but they're not as bad as they're playing. Just hang in there knicks fans, I dont think it will take shumpert much time to get back where he was. Hes a strong, athletic guy and he will help when he comes back. Baron, even if hes not in good shape hes better then douglas and bibby. Barons said all the right things, he looks like hes motivated. He said he wanted to be in great shape before he returns so Im guessing if hes saying 3 weeks that a little bit of that time will be doing physical therapy for his back and the rest of the time will be spent running 20 miles in soft sand, on or off land

*EDIT*

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217918/DAntoni_Davis_Weeks_Away_From_Making_Knicks_Debut

sadcam_design.png

Nice thread, i agree, unless this continues of course.
BTW, WE PLAY BOSTON IN EXACTLY 5 WEEKS.

Paul1355

All Star
Stoudemire also has to stop making bad decisions. He's getting paid 100 million, at least play smart. I rather him score nothing and focus much more on defense if it makes us play better.

Amare has been hurting our team, he is bricking so many open shots, missing free throws, not switching on defense like always and he should rebound more.

Amare has been off and he does need Davis.

It's becoming evident that Douglas is not the future of this team and we don't know about Shumpert yet.

The only pure PG that can actually feed Amare and Melo passes is BD, no one else.

Amare is the most stagnant offensive player right now, just jacking up shots and not attacking like he should.

Melo is also to blame but atleast Melo is attacking the rim more and making his free throws.

Tyson needs to get some rebounds on both ends of the floor.

AND I want to see more minutes for Steve Novak, he makes the open three and we need instant offense. It's sad that Mike D probably won't play him as much as we should until its too late but no one is providing a spark for offense. Novak can hit 3's and when we hit 3's we win. I want to see Jerome Jordan more, he only played for 2 minutes and made his first shot which a contested mid range in his face so let's just see what he has.

I can't stand seeing Amare at center, is Mike D nuts? We have Tyson, Harrelson, and Jordan to play center....WHY THE F*CK is AMARE PLAYING CENTER????!?!?!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Amare has been hurting our team, he is bricking so many open shots, missing free throws, not switching on defense like always and he should rebound more.

Amare has been off and he does need Davis.

It's becoming evident that Douglas is not the future of this team and we don't know about Shumpert yet.

The only pure PG that can actually feed Amare and Melo passes is BD, no one else.

Amare is the most stagnant offensive player right now, just jacking up shots and not attacking like he should.

Melo is also to blame but atleast Melo is attacking the rim more and making his free throws.

Tyson needs to get some rebounds on both ends of the floor.

AND I want to see more minutes for Steve Novak, he makes the open three and we need instant offense. It's sad that Mike D probably won't play him as much as we should until its too late but no one is providing a spark for offense. Novak can hit 3's and when we hit 3's we win. I want to see Jerome Jordan more, he only played for 2 minutes and made his first shot which a contested mid range in his face so let's just see what he has.

I can't stand seeing Amare at center, is Mike D nuts? We have Tyson, Harrelson, and Jordan to play center....WHY THE F*CK is AMARE PLAYING CENTER????!?!?!
I agree. We need try to get some sparks from the players getting little minutes.

Also, PLAY WALKER MORE. Despite commentators and board members saying he didn't have the work ethic last season, he ALWAYS came off as being active on the court to me, and still does. Who knows how much truth there is to that about his work ethic. Walker always seems to be able to get past his defender after pump faking at the three point line then getting near the rim, and a good amount of time makes something positive happen.

Wargames

Starter
Here me out maybe Amare needs to play center more. I mean he said he gained 20 pounds of muscle over the offseason. This was probably done in preparation to play the 5 where his speed and strength would allow him to go to the hole and be able to handle contact.

He had no idea that the Knicks FO was going to provide him with a proper center so that he could move to the four. At the four that muscle mass may not be of as much use. In fact if it slows him down it could take away from his game. Maybe he needs to play alongside Jorts as a five as much as he plays PF to T. Chandler. Amare could easily dominate any teams backup center except maybe Gasol.

Anyhow just food for thought.

quiggle

Starter
the only thing pure about Renaissance Man is that he is unquestiuonabley a heterosexual cause any dude that gets near him he afraid to get physical with him how many more times are you Knicks fans going to put up with any player running right by him for easy uncontested scores?

What I don't understand about Amar'e is why he doesn't use some post moves like Blake Griffin does. They aren't exactly Hakeem The Dream moves, but good enough to create space and spin your way to the hoop, using that athleticism.

Amar'e is basically 60% a jump shooter and 40% a pick and roll guy. He doesn't use the low post at all which is kind of sad, watching Blake using it so well...and a fully healthy Amar'e is probably still the second most athletic power forward in the league.

Averaging below 9 rebounds a game for his career is another thing I don't understand, given his size and athleticism.

It's kind of sad that Amar'e's game relies on his point guard. Of course, everybody plays better with a world class pg running the show, but Stoudemire is probably the guy who relies on a great playmaker the most of all star players in the league.

fender0577

Rotation player
Stat should post way more, he has basically become a 6'10 SG.Why in the hell doesn't antoni design some plays to get him closer to the basket, oh that's right our coach is a DUMMY!!!

DrB

Benchwarmer
I agree

Stat's role needs to change. He needs to practice the PICK AND ROLL with whoever is the point guard. He needs to think defense 1 and Scoring 2. People said the knicks were better without Amare against sacramento..thats pure bullshit. The difference was the entire team knocking down some hoops...
Still the rebounding and boxing out was pathetic at times. After awhile I wondered if anyone was going to challenge the three...or at least put a hand in someone face. Sacremento's shooting was pathetic which helped the knicks....
Chandler was not finishing until the second half of last nights game. How many alley oops had missed...
Nice to see MELO not forcing shots...
JORTS now knows not to put the ball on floor..he was dribbling way too much.
BOTTOM LINE...IT'S A START

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Amare should have played with Melo during the offseason and now needs to find his role.

His difficulty in playing is honestly not being a Center, and is just off his game. This should not be an excuse for him because it should be easier for him at power forward not harder. He will find his game and the coaching staff also have to help make this work.

Amare needs Baron, but Baron is not going to make him a better rebounder. He bulked up for this season and now he must use his size to rebound. With Chandler playing D Amare has to concentrate on the board. The Knicks need Amare to score, but the Knicks need Amare to rebound even more.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What I don't understand about Amar'e is why he doesn't use some post moves like Blake Griffin does. They aren't exactly Hakeem The Dream moves, but good enough to create space and spin your way to the hoop, using that athleticism.

Amar'e is basically 60% a jump shooter and 40% a pick and roll guy. He doesn't use the low post at all which is kind of sad, watching Blake using it so well...and a fully healthy Amar'e is probably still the second most athletic power forward in the league.

Averaging below 9 rebounds a game for his career is another thing I don't understand, given his size and athleticism.

It's kind of sad that Amar'e's game relies on his point guard. Of course, everybody plays better with a world class pg running the show, but Stoudemire is probably the guy who relies on a great playmaker the most of all star players in the league.
Blake Griffin growin' on ya, eh?

Blake Griffin growin' on ya, eh?

Well, I don't like his demeanor on the court, but he's a fine player and really making the most of his athletic ability.

Amar'e has a better jumpshot and more range, he's also a better shot blocker at this point than Blake, but Blake is already a much better rebounder, passer and low post player than STAT has been in his career.

I don't want to turn this into a Blake vs Amar'e comparison.

It's just one thing that in my oppinion Amar'e could adopt from Blake's game, his low post moves.

Well, I don't like his demeanor on the court, but he's a fine player and really making the most of his athletic ability.

Amar'e has a better jumpshot and more range, he's also a better shot blocker at this point than Blake, but Blake is already a much better rebounder, passer and low post player than STAT has been in his career.

I don't want to turn this into a Blake vs Amar'e comparison.

It's just one thing that in my oppinion Amar'e could adopt from Blake's game, his low post moves.
Blake Griffin actually seems like a pretty cool guy, I don't get why you don't like his demeanor? But yeah STAT should definitely learn some moves Hakeem Olajuwon, dude has zero post game. I could definitely see him ****ing **it up in the paint, getting double teamed and dishing it to Melo for the easy shot. He seriously needs to add another move to his arsenal, maybe a hook shot? Why not? I see Gasol and Garnett do it all of the time.