Knicks are better w/o STAT; trade him

iSaYughh

Starter
Well your post kind of contradicts itself. He's not very good at creating his own shot that's WHY it's a problem he gets the ball 18 feet out. If he had a Dirk fadeaway or a hookshot it wouldn't be a problem. If his pullup motion wasn't horribly clumsy he might get better looks. If he could put the ball on the floor he wouldn't struggle so much.

He can't really do any of these things particularly well what he can do is bully people with his speed/athleticism and when they sit off he can swish a jumper in their face. And it has to be in that order. You need to create for him at the basket so he can get open looks away from it. The way we play we just constantly feed him the ball at the top of the key with Tyson playing in the post area and wonder wtf is going on.

Grantland as usual are spot on.

Here's the thing, going off this post and a couple other recent ones you've made:

A PG is hugely essential. Who would you honestly use with our roster?

So then a response is, MDA needs to figure out a way to radically alter how our teams plays, vs last year, and get all of the players on the same page and working towards that goal.

Except, we have a PG coming in soon, which would radically alter those plans, as well; but moreover, it's very likely a priority to pounce on a long-term, up-tempo starting PG in the off season, in which case...

We have to then radically alter how everyone plays and switch shit on it's head again in terms of our style?

It's just getting ridiculous.

People keep saying we looked so much better last year, or how Fields or Amare looked so much better in an up-tempo system. Well, that is MDA, for better or worse; and for worse, regardless of MDA, that isn't what we have.

We need a PG, we need an up-tempo, we need an up-tempo system, to be at our best.

Of course, MDA is going to look retarded right now, along with the rest of our team.

We didn't look retarded, nor did MDA, when we found ourselves exceeding expectations last season, pre-Melo deal, and playoff bound and looking like a legit TEAM n the rise.

smokes

Huge Member
We still looked retarded under MDA when we lost games in the final seconds with a foul to give or when his nonsensical sub patterns put players in and out of games at ridiculous points or when we let the other team go on 20-0 runs without calling a timeout.

On one hand I think we should already be putting our future gameplan into practice at least partially so players can get used to it and Baron can come in and the rest of the team are already in the picture.

Honestly there's not a whole lot of bad you can say about MDA specifically this season although I don't really think going quarter after quarter without putting together any real plays is coaching...

However I just don't like him or his style of coaching. It doesn't fit NY. Regardless of any of our current players struggles I would still want him gone for someone who coaches both sides of the court.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well your post kind of contradicts itself. He's not very good at creating his own shot that's WHY it's a problem he gets the ball 18 feet out. If he had a Dirk fadeaway or a hookshot it wouldn't be a problem. If his pullup motion wasn't horribly clumsy he might get better looks. If he could put the ball on the floor he wouldn't struggle so much.

He can't really do any of these things particularly well what he can do is bully people with his speed/athleticism and when they sit off he can swish a jumper in their face. And it has to be in that order. You need to create for him at the basket so he can get open looks away from it. The way we play we just constantly feed him the ball at the top of the key with Tyson playing in the post area and wonder wtf is going on.

Grantland as usual are spot on.

I mean yeah he's not GREAT at creating his own shot.

He can do it, just not CONSISTENTLY. If Amar'e is going to create his own shot he it needs to be as an ALTERNATIVE to getting the ball near the basket for an open look or dunk. Not as his primary weapon. He has a decent jumper but it's not good enough to be his money shot (no homo) - it's only good when defenders play off him because they think he's going to dunk on it.

Seriously, the Knicks have not put STAT in a position to actually make use of his talents, and it's absolutely maddening to know that you have one of the most physically dominant big men in the entire league and your team is using him like a 38 year old past his prime ring-chasing jumpshooter

quiggle

Starter
2dhebk9.jpg

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Knicks have to trade either Amare or Carmelo at the deadline. They can't throw away the next few years.

Trade Carmelo for Gasol & Bynum.
The Lakers wouldn't do that. Lose two good big men to have a duo of Anthony and Kobe?

Anthony and Kobe

Anthony and Kobe

He can take his ****ing grill and shove it up his ass!

What an idiot! He's like what 29? And still running around with grillz?!

Disgraceful...and that idiot is our franchise player and team captain...biggest idiot since Plaxico Burress!

I hope he shoots himself too, but not in the leg!

**** Amar'e!

CA7

Scoring Champ
We're better without D'Antoni, get a coach who can draw up plays for his best players and you'll see a huge difference.

D'Antoni's system is to make role players look better than they are but that shit doesn't win, run things through your best players and let things fall into place as they may.

We're better without D'Antoni, get a coach who can draw up plays for his best players and you'll see a huge difference.

D'Antoni's system is to make role players look better than they are but that shit doesn't win, run things through your best players and let things fall into place as they may.

I don't care about his on-the-court-play anymore. He could average 30 and 20 for the season - I'd still detest him.

I'm done with Amar'e. His behaviour off the court is disgraceful. Who is he? A gay drug dealer from Atlanta?

Getting the golden grill in the midst of a 6 team losing-streak and a terrible crisis for this team was just the icing on the cake. He doesn't give a flying **** about New York or the Knicks, all he cares about is his celebrity and fake gangster-shit......getting grillz at 30 years of age.....he should buy himself some brains from the $100 million.

I wish Scott Skiles would be our coach right now, he'd rip that shit right out of Amar'es mouth!

I don't want the Knicks to be represented by a guy like Stoudemire.....in all those years, we had some difficult characters on this team like Mase, Spree etc. but Stoudemire really makes a laughing stock out of us with his off the court behaviour and his overall appearance.

He'd be a better fit in the rap business at this point, featuring Rick Ross or some other dipshit.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I don't care about his on-the-court-play anymore. He could average 30 and 20 for the season - I'd still detest him.

I'm done with Amar'e. His behaviour off the court is disgraceful. Who is he? A gay drug dealer from Atlanta?

Getting the golden grill in the midst of a 6 team losing-streak and a terrible crisis for this team was just the icing on the cake. He doesn't give a flying **** about New York or the Knicks, all he cares about is his celebrity and fake gangster-shit......getting grillz at 30 years of age.....he should buy himself some brains from the $100 million.

I wish Scott Skiles would be our coach right now, he'd rip that shit right out of Amar'es mouth!

I don't want the Knicks to be represented by a guy like Stoudemire.....in all those years, we had some difficult characters on this team like Mase, Spree etc. but Stoudemire really makes a laughing stock out of us with his off the court behaviour and his overall appearance.

He'd be a better fit in the rap business at this point, featuring Rick Ross or some other dipshit.

wait he really has a "grill"......tell me you're joking

quiggle

Starter
man would i wish we had JR Reid back on this team to knock those grillz out like he did AC Green

Renaissance Man wearing orange and blue is as disgraceful as Carl Pavano wearing Yankee pinstripes

iSaYughh

Starter
I guarantee they would only accept Gasol for Amar'e.

And Gasol is better than Amar'e. Age isn't a factor here. Pau isn't that much older.

Unfortunately....I guarantee they are not accepting Amare.

Especially when they have their eyes on a big prize like Howard, where Gasol is the perfect compliment.

And you're right..Pau is older, but his game isn't going to deteriorate at the rate that Amare's very well may (to say nothing of injury concerns and uninsured knees).

I could see the Wolves or Spurs taking Amare, tbh. But, the wolves idk they are having to prepare to give a max to Love. And I know nothing of the spurs' cap situation. And we wouldn't get back anything back in the trade but picks and promise....except the Wolves could probably through us the bone of Ridnour, too.

If we ever did trade Amare, it'd basically be us trading to get a mulligan. A "ya, we ****ed up and overpaid for this damn fool, then bent over to bring in a superior player who can't coexist with him given how deep we bent over to bring that player in. oops".

Ideally, we get some picks and prospects to compliment the cap.

DrB

Benchwarmer
We still looked retarded under MDA when we lost games in the final seconds with a foul to give or when his nonsensical sub patterns put players in and out of games at ridiculous points or when we let the other team go on 20-0 runs without calling a timeout.

On one hand I think we should already be putting our future gameplan into practice at least partially so players can get used to it and Baron can come in and the rest of the team are already in the picture.

Honestly there's not a whole lot of bad you can say about MDA specifically this season although I don't really think going quarter after quarter without putting together any real plays is coaching...

However I just don't like him or his style of coaching. It doesn't fit NY. Regardless of any of our current players struggles I would still want him gone for someone who coaches both sides of the court.

Interesting that you and my wife get this...so wheres WOODSON and the other YES MEN..assistant coaches on this....