Knicks are better w/o STAT; trade him

Red

TYPE-A
versus the Kings game this is what fluid Knicks basketball is about without him clogging the lane like Shaq did, management must work out a trade soon sometime this season before he breaks down further and we're stuck with damaged goods like what happened with Allan Houston.

sorry man but its like Jeter and A-Rod on the Yankees, 2009 was a fluke but those two cant coexist together theyve been together 7 years and barely nothing to show for it, its not going to work out with this here, believe that. really are you waiting for STAT to really break down and just sitting there like Penny, or just hurry up and trade him at least we can get something back/

getting rid of Stratosphere also opens up Chandlers game hes beast tongiht

=

129095931333256085.jpg

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Woe 1 game against the kings and we should trade stat....lol and a lot agree.... I guess we got a lot of 15 yr olds here....

Toons

is the Bo$$
this whole thread is a disappointment. i thin,k ill come back here in a few weeks when all of your little feminine traits have died down a bit. the sacto kings???? lol trade stat???? hahhahahahahha u guys r stupid

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
this whole thread is a disappointment. i thin,k ill come back here in a few weeks when all of your little feminine traits have died down a bit. the sacto kings???? lol trade stat???? hahhahahahahha u guys r stupid

Haha. Well said.

Most teams aren't playing the best offense, almost all is shooting below 45%. This shows every team is showing some struggle, which is understandable according to the 2 game pre season. Stat needs more time and we need to see more games.

quiggle

Starter
bump, no inside game, extremely flat jumpshots, no defense, dont give me that ankle sprain first game back because look at Sherbert man is beast back from bumm knee

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Where's the loyalty? The Knicks win one game without Stoudemire and they're all of a sudden better off?

How about we fire Antoni. He's the one who keeps telling the players to jack up 3 pointers and not worry about defense.

KingCharles34

All Star
Funny thread and i think your right to an extent but u took it a little too far. I mean Stat comes and says the Knicks are back. He comes here and looks like a clown on defense. Its tough watchin him look like a rookie but your forgetting how he dominated the Celtics in game 1 last year when he was healthy

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Funny thread and i think your right to an extent but u took it a little too far. I mean Stat comes and says the Knicks are back. He comes here and looks like a clown on defense. Its tough watchin him look like a rookie but your forgetting how he dominated the Celtics in game 1 last year when he was healthy
Amar'e has been doing that since coming to the Knicks. He was on and off early last season (definitely much better though), beasted and we went on an eight game winning streak, sometime after the trade he didn't play that well again, then did great in the first game of the Playoffs.

He may very well change a lot of our tunes suddenly. He's a frustrating player. There's stretches where he was brilliant, then stretches where, such as this season, he looks like a rookie, straight up.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think that hes just not always motivated and determined but at least we know that hes always put up good numbers in the playoffs. If it wasnt for those knee injuries he had earlier in his career he would be and would have been a better player. Stat was amazing before the injuries...didnt have the jumpshot but he was even a better defender back then. He sh*tted on Duncan and KG when they were in the their primes. It'd be different if the current Stat went up against either one of them in their primes

Wargames

Starter
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7424062/amare-stoudemire-early-season-struggles Here is a good article on the issue.

basically to summarize blame it on lack of a PG, questionable coaching and the fact that Amare needs to sub Tyson Chandler at the 5 more.

"That said, the Knicks needed to get better on defense, and Stoudemire and Chandler will be playing together for a majority of their minutes. So far, the Knicks offense has looked disorganized and random, with players just floating around. Under these circumstances, Chandler naturally gravitates toward the rim, which clogs the lane and forces Stoudemire to rely on jumpers. To clear some space, the Knicks need to get more strategic about where Chandler and Stoudemire position themselves on offense. For example, when they want to isolate or post Stoudemire, they could position Chandler in the opposite corner, far enough away that his defender will have a long way to travel to help against Stoudemire's move. If that defender decides to help, Stoudemire will have a simple dump-off to a cutting Chandler. If he sticks with Chandler, Stoudemire has the space to take his man."

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Stoudemire is one of the better big men in the league at creating his own shot.

But with the way our PG play has been he has had no ability to get to the basket because he gets the ball 18 feet out. Which is why he keeps shooting those damn jumpers - he's a decent mid-range jumpshooter but come on he's not Karl Malone yet he needs to fix that shit and I think it starts with getting the ball closer to the rim.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7424062/amare-stoudemire-early-season-struggles Here is a good article on the issue.

basically to summarize blame it on lack of a PG, questionable coaching and the fact that Amare needs to sub Tyson Chandler at the 5 more.
Actually, the current Knicks roster can make do without a PG, but coach needs to pick up (and enforce) a few things.

1. Make Tyson Chandler more useful. He needs to be more than just Shaq-in-the-block and needs to be a part of plays.

2. 'Melo and STAT need to team up. In this case, 'Melo has to more like LeBron and pass the ball when he gets double teamed. This also frees up STAT or Chandler to attack the rim or leave a guard open for a 3.

quiggle

Starter
had he stayed on the bench during the 4th quarter, surely our losing streak would have ended but nooooooo, where tha Statoshpere supporters at?

quiggle

Starter
come on its getting dry here some of you not waking up yet yall enjoy supporting him in exchange for losses?

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

That article is right idk why MDA can't figure out how to make room for STAT to operate. Look at my favorite team the Lakers we do one play in the low post and one high when it's Bynum center and Gasol PF and when we go to the bench we do one low post either Bynum or Gasol at C and one floating or cutting Murphy or McRoberts at PF. Why can't the Knicks implement something like the 2nd option this for STAT have him in the low post and Chandler cutting or floating around the high post. Or since Melo has such a great post game do that with him at time in the low post and STAT in the high post. Simple stuff really I dont get MDA at all.

smokes

Huge Member
Stoudemire is one of the better big men in the league at creating his own shot.

But with the way our PG play has been he has had no ability to get to the basket because he gets the ball 18 feet out. Which is why he keeps shooting those damn jumpers - he's a decent mid-range jumpshooter but come on he's not Karl Malone yet he needs to fix that shit and I think it starts with getting the ball closer to the rim.

Well your post kind of contradicts itself. He's not very good at creating his own shot that's WHY it's a problem he gets the ball 18 feet out. If he had a Dirk fadeaway or a hookshot it wouldn't be a problem. If his pullup motion wasn't horribly clumsy he might get better looks. If he could put the ball on the floor he wouldn't struggle so much.

He can't really do any of these things particularly well what he can do is bully people with his speed/athleticism and when they sit off he can swish a jumper in their face. And it has to be in that order. You need to create for him at the basket so he can get open looks away from it. The way we play we just constantly feed him the ball at the top of the key with Tyson playing in the post area and wonder wtf is going on.

Grantland as usual are spot on.