Everyone needs to see this

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Alan Hahn reported today that it was Douglas' mistake as he did not cut on the inbounds. Douglas messed up the cut and Melo had to freelance. Melo did not want to throw his teammate under the bus when addressing the media. Toney Douglas apologized to his teammates today.

You guys are too funny. No matter what goes wrong with the Knicks, it will always be D'Antoni's fault. Look, I don't want D'Antoni here either because the roster built by Dolan does not work with D'Antoni's system. I don't expect D'Antoni to change his system because I can't think of a single coach that has changed their system. And I would not be surprised if D'Antoni doesn't want to be here anymore as he sees the writing on the wall too. We need a Larry Brown type coach here now to get the best out of this roster.

But for f#ck's sake, I swear, D'Antoni could find the cure for cancer and you guys would hate him for it. Just be reasonable is all I ask. It's ok to occasionally blame the players. You give them all the credit for the wins, they can certainly share some of the blame for the losses.

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
Wait, Douglas messes up the inbounds play and it's D'Antoni's fault? Douglas apologized to his teammates today for screwing up the play. I'm fine with calling out D'Antoni but you guys take it to another level. Sheesh. Should we blame the economy on D'Antoni too? What about the violence in the Middle East. It must be D'Antoni's fault.

You stick up for this phoney like you're related to him or something. He is the worst coach in the NBA in my opinion. On top of us only running 2 plays a game (ISO, Pick&Roll) this team isn't even listening to D'Phoney anymore. It's obvious this is Melo's team, not D'Antoni. On multiple occasions during timeouts, I've seen the players gather up around Melo and get their plays and Antoni couldn't even get a word in and before you know it they were back on the court, no coaches guidance. Our stars don't respect him, not one bit... And the rest of the players will eventually follow suit.

D'Antoni is gone after this season if not earlier, mark my words.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You stick up for this phoney like you're related to him or something. He is the worst coach in the NBA in my opinion. On top of us only running 2 plays a game (ISO, Pick&Roll) this team isn't even listening to D'Phoney anymore. It's obvious this is Melo's team, not D'Antoni. On multiple occasions during timeouts, I've seen the players gather up around Melo and get their plays and Antoni couldn't even get a word in and before you know it they were back on the court, no coaches guidance. Our stars don't respect him, not one bit... And the rest of the players will eventually follow suit.

D'Antoni is gone after this season if not earlier, mark my words.

Learn to read a post. I said I want him gone because his system doesn't fit the roster. Sheesh. How is that defending him? You want to blame everything on D'Antoni so bad you can't even read a post or accept the fact that a player admitted fault.

And since you are saying this is Melo's team and he is coaching this team frequently, then shouldn't Melo get the blame for how pathetic the team is? Oh wait, that must be only when the team wins. When the team wins, it's 100% the players, when they lose, it's 100% D'Antoni.

SMH. Fans are so funny. It's OK to occasionally blame a player for a Knick loss. It happens sometimes.

Knicks#7

Rookie
We shot 35 f**king 3 ptrs. 35 and only hit 10. Please someone tell me what SANE coach allows a team to shot 35 3 ptrs in one game? After that, it was jump shot after jump shot. No one posting up. We did cut into the lead, and this started because guys started penetrating and making baskets or kicking out for a HIGH % shot. Coach never once said we shot too many 3's, I don't think, but he said shots weren't falling, this is who he is. Stat can shot the 3 as long as he makes it, Melo can decide what he wants to do at the end of the game. This is what he did with Nash, who made him look good, but I hope we see who really coached those Phoenix teams now. When are we gonna find away to get easy, high percentage plays closer to the basket? when are we going to emplement some type of zone defense. When are the players going to be held responsible for taking dumb shots, Toney had a few. We never adjusted on defense against the Raptors the whole game, the announcers saw it, we saw it, and the Raptors saw it, and burned us on it twice in the final minute. Guess what, their coach didn't have to wait until after the game and see the FILM to realize what he as a COACH needed to do to pull out a win. This guy has to go, it's awful guys. We
looked good against the Kings because they were hot on offense. We had a large lead, and during one stretch of that game, we continued to march down court with all 5 guys standing around the 3 point line jacking up the 1st 3 point attempt they could get until the Kings cut into our lead. If that had been a better team, we would have lost that game as well. If you don't believe me, please find the game and see fir yourselves.

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol, Knicks#7 got to it before me.

35 3-PT attempts. Thirty five. It's like....some members of the forum don't even watch the games. That loss to the Raptors was clearly MDA's fault on many different levels.

At what point was enough, enough, from behind the line? They shot 10 or 11 3s in the first Q...that's an entire half for most teams.

Ok, yea, Toney may have flubbed the final play (I'm still not sure why Melo had free reign to ask "do you want a 2 or a 3?" the play should dictate that, but I digress) but there was another 47 mins and 49.3 secs to that game. Where was MDA then? When Melo ISO'd 9 times in a row, ummm, helllllllllllllllllo, coach....call a TO and straighten shit out.

But do the players even listen?

This goes beyond whether his system fits or not.

We need a coach who's respected, influential, and competent.

His system........lol. Like That's the prevalent issue here. Not the fact he said about STAT's 3-PT shots "they're ok as long as they go in".....dude, what? I don't even....but....aren't ALL 3-pointers good if they....so, you're........we're ****ed.

iSaYughh

Starter
Let's not expose ourselves by trying so hard to expose MDA -- like LJ exposed, Douglas did **** up the play. Regardless, Melo himself thought he took a quality shot under the circumstances. And it was. A decent 3 by a hot Melo vs whatever type of 2 you think Toney Douglas should have orchestrated...followed by hitting it...following by them missing...following by us hitting....

And telling Melo that a 2 or a 3 will be fine...is fine. Melo is a superstar offensive force, and on fire. Trying to micromanage and pre-determine whether a 2 or a 3 would be best just makes no sense, and isn't realistic. So Melo should be told whether to take a 2 or a 3, for sure, when in the actual game there is a high probablity that the situation will dictate otherwise?

Obv MDA wanted Douglas to try to orchestrate an even higher % winning play, prior to kicking it to Melo for a 3.

That Tony ****ed it up, and MDA is getting witchhunted over it, is a perfect example that actually exposes our biggest problem -- the worst backcourt in the NBA and having the PG blackhole equivalent to what has in years past been our blackhole at Center.

It sucks, but strawmanning MDA because we (ironically) finally fixed our 5 only to then find outselves with a tantamount blackhole at the 1 isn't going to change anything.

Let's sit back and enjoy this interesting and talented hodgepodge of a team find itself. What progresses and how we do in the playoffs will determine the success of this season and the success of MDA this season. MDA should be replaced with a more suitable coach if he isn't able to control the roster we have by that point.

Shit looks wack right now because we are playing without a legitimate NBA point guard, STAT has been injured for half the season, and a lot of NBA teams that brought on or lost major players are playing funky because of the lockout.

We don't look wack because of MDA. Just like last year, pre-Melo, we didn't look wack when we suddenly found ourselves a surprisingly dangerous, playoff bound team.

We are going to make the playoffs. We are going to get a legitimate NBA point guard. Our players will play better together, and our offense (and defense) will get demonstrably better as a result of both. :2cents:

pakopako

Benchwarmer
But for f#ck's sake, I swear, D'Antoni could find the cure for cancer and you guys would hate him for it. Just be reasonable is all I ask. It's ok to occasionally blame the players. You give them all the credit for the wins, they can certainly share some of the blame for the losses.
You sign up to a public Internet forum, you have to expect a high level of acrimoniousness.

IMHO, MD'A isn't an all-around style of coach; he wants high-energy plays for players with quick-reflexes. When the team isn't performing up to those expectations, he's not going to compensate for anything, but rather barrel through. It's a great strength to be so optimistic, but also a great weakness.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sorry. It's a long post. Just have to vent as articulately as I can.

We don't look wack because of MDA. Just like last year, pre-Melo, we didn't look wack when we suddenly found ourselves a surprisingly dangerous, playoff bound team.

We are going to make the playoffs. We are going to get a legitimate NBA point guard. Our players will play better together, and our offense (and defense) will get demonstrably better as a result of both. :2cents:

Wise words.

I love your optimism, my friend, but I can't handle another 10 games of hoping something will click. Not after 100+ games of suffering through the same, revolving issues with D'Antoni ball.

Regarding the way we attempt to win, I'd seen enough of deviating from the customary, methodical course under D'Antoni by mid season last year. I think that the modern/traditional approach on offense is the way we need to go. Yes, our backcourt is horrible, but that is/ they are a product of being misplaced and not having their best abilities adjusted for - Fields in particular.

MD does not get the best out of his team, and he hasn't since he left Phoenix for NY.

HOT BOOTY TIME OUT. ESSENTIAL LONG POST DISTRACTION

great-ass-mind-the-gap-20.jpg

SCRUMPTIOUS

Now back to the D'Ant Rant

My reasons for being yet another D'Antoni detractor.

Because the vast majority, bar SSj4Wingzero, tend not to elaborate

When analyzing the Knicks issues at the start of this season, and for the duration of the last, I do blame the philosophy and the coach 8/10 for the following reasons, as we've had the same issues throughout:

- lack of a reliable continuity between our key players
- lack of utilizing our offensive strengths, both individual, tandem or team [particularly inside]
- our painstaking predictability. Once opponent's defense has synched itself with our offense, the chucking begins, the stagnancy, the confusion and so on. This is when you see D'Antoni at his most animated.

And the cycle has continued since Amar'e first donned O&B. Since the Melo trade, they've exacerbated out of control. Our most recent game being the final straw for me.

From watching and re-watching every Knick game, that's how I see, and have seen it, since opening tip in Toronto last year.

The +/- offensively precedented philosophy of Mike D'Antoni looks great when the bombs are dropping, but I believe it's the most out coachable offense in the game, because it's not diverse enough, has no alternate plays drawn up for a high % basket when necessary, detracts from teamwork, and is highly prone to predictability and monotony. If it stops working, we're ****ed.

I see our team members, Chandler in particular, and I just see an obvious mismatch of style VS substance, and in this short season, I don't believe we can afford to keep making the same mistakes.

I see a need to revert to a controlled, deliberate offense that takes a back seat to defense. We have the offensive talent to deliver that.

Mike D'Antoni is not the coach nor the man with the method for this job, with this roster.

All the best for the new year, by the way, broheem. May 2012 be a year full of hot poon and good times for you and your crew.

Wargames

Starter
damn man you guys have to say nsfw in these threads.... its ok to be on the computer where I'm at its not ok to be looking at thongs.....

metrocard

Legend
I'm a booty man, but that ass is flat and boney...did you guys just get out of prison or been really deprived?

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Post of the #1 Knicks problem

Menwhile, Jorts is developing bad habits by playing like a wing player instead of a post player. SMH

Is anyone else seeing this crap!

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
A'ight! this is one of the biggest flaws I been mentioning since Day 1 of Dantoni.
u can not let rookies "Gallo, TD, Fields, and Jorts" just shoot 3-balls whenever
they feel like it. The more I see the Knicks do this the more I am confidant
there is no offensive-plan on the court.
When rookies are allowed to shoot 3-balls anytime they want to get in good
favors with the headcoach....take one guess what that does to veteran
players on the same roster? do u actually want see Tyson Chandler shoot
a 3-ball?

And peeps kept wondering why I titled Dantoni as a "Celebrity Headcoach"
who got his success from Phoenix Suns headcoach Johnson who took certain
Phoenix players "Marbury, J.Johnson, Marion, Stat, Chambers" to 6 games vs
the championship Spurs.

It was well known in the NBA that the career of Marbury selfishness at the
end of a game made "all" Marbury previous teammates improve their "team-
chemistry" with their teammates to become a better TEAM.
There was no reason to DNP a $21M Marbury for 82 games of the season...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Lol, Knicks#7 got to it before me.

35 3-PT attempts. Thirty five. It's like....some members of the forum don't even watch the games. That loss to the Raptors was clearly MDA's fault on many different levels.

At what point was enough, enough, from behind the line? They shot 10 or 11 3s in the first Q...that's an entire half for most teams.

Ok, yea, Toney may have flubbed the final play (I'm still not sure why Melo had free reign to ask "do you want a 2 or a 3?" the play should dictate that, but I digress) but there was another 47 mins and 49.3 secs to that game. Where was MDA then? When Melo ISO'd 9 times in a row, ummm, helllllllllllllllllo, coach....call a TO and straighten shit out.

But do the players even listen?

This goes beyond whether his system fits or not.

We need a coach who's respected, influential, and competent.

His system........lol. Like That's the prevalent issue here. Not the fact he said about STAT's 3-PT shots "they're ok as long as they go in".....dude, what? I don't even....but....aren't ALL 3-pointers good if they....so, you're........we're ****ed.

You guys wanted to blame D'Antoni for the last play, which Berman was clearly trying to get fans to do. You fell for it. I corrected you. No need to go all ape over being wrong.

Now this thread is suddenly about the 35 3-pointers. Fine, that is obviously not the style of basketball that wins games. I agree. It's messed up. That's on the coach for not stopping it and telling the players to drive to the rim. He told them last year to stop jacking 3's, particularly Gallo, and it worked. I don't know why he hasn't done it yet this season.

I apologize for being an objective poster. SMH. The hive mentality on this forum is getting out of hand.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Wait, Douglas messes up the inbounds play and it's D'Antoni's fault? Douglas apologized to his teammates today for screwing up the play. I'm fine with calling out D'Antoni but you guys take it to another level. Sheesh. Should we blame the economy on D'Antoni too? What about the violence in the Middle East. It must be D'Antoni's fault.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
When are u going to stop with the BULLSHITT of justifying Dantoni flaws?
After the 1-9 start, DNP entire roster, and no 2010 star FA wanna be a
Knicks without a $100M contract....Mark Jackson & Patrick Ewing couldve
drawed 2 star 2010 FA for a much cheaper price.

I Bashed Isiah Day 1....u justified Isiah.
I Bashed Larry Brown Day 1....u justified Larry Brown.
I Bashed Walsh Day 1....u justified Walsh.
I Bashed Dantoni from Day 1....and u are still justifying all Dantoni's 101 flaws
as a NBA coach. Dantoni is a "Euro-League-Coach" who has a lot to learn
about being a NBA regular season headcoach. Cleveland strategic headcoach
Byron Scott swept Dantoni 4-0 in the regular season last year.
What part of "BUM" dont u understand about Dantoni???

LJ4ptplay

Starter
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
When are u going to stop with the BULLSHITT of justifying Dantoni flaws?
After the 1-9 start, DNP entire roster, and no 2010 star FA wanna be a
Knicks without a $100M contract....Mark Jackson & Patrick Ewing couldve
drawed 2 star 2010 FA for a much cheaper price.

I Bashed Isiah Day 1....u justified Isiah.
I Bashed Larry Brown Day 1....u justified Larry Brown.
I Bashed Walsh Day 1....u justified Walsh.
I Bashed Dantoni from Day 1....and u are still justifying all Dantoni's 101 flaws
as a NBA coach. Dantoni is a "Euro-League-Coach" who has a lot to learn
about being a NBA regular season headcoach. Cleveland strategic headcoach
Byron Scott swept Dantoni 4-0 in the regular season last year.
What part of "BUM" dont u understand about Dantoni???

Learn to read, idiot. I said I want D'Antoni gone. I never justified Isiah or Larry Brown you stupid f*cking liar.

Wow. You guys are ridiculous. Goddamn.

Fine. Douglas clearly messing up the final play was D'Antoni's fault. Through telekinesis, D'Antoni should have mind-controlled Douglas and made him cut on the inbounds. There. Are you all satisfied now? Jesus Christ. You f*cking people are hopeless.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
On a side note here, is it so bad to have justified Walsh? I think most agree he did a pretty good job. Also, perhaps I'm wrong but pretty sure Cleve didn't get season sweep, not that this is much more acceptable, but I was pretty sure we took the last game from them

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lengthy post alert... No ass pics though :-(

Alan Hahn reported today that it was Douglas' mistake as he did not cut on the inbounds. Douglas messed up the cut and Melo had to freelance. Melo did not want to throw his teammate under the bus when addressing the media. Toney Douglas apologized to his teammates today.

You guys are too funny. No matter what goes wrong with the Knicks, it will always be D'Antoni's fault. Look, I don't want D'Antoni here either because the roster built by Dolan does not work with D'Antoni's system. I don't expect D'Antoni to change his system because I can't think of a single coach that has changed their system. And I would not be surprised if D'Antoni doesn't want to be here anymore as he sees the writing on the wall too. We need a Larry Brown type coach here now to get the best out of this roster.

Ok so you've proven that TD messed up by not cutting on the inbounds but the ball was still going to Melo either way for what ever shot he wanted to take. The point people are trying to make is that it essentially wasn't a play at all. Nothing deceptive about it, nothing elaborate or creative. Either way it was going to result in an ISO... no different from the entire game. With that said, yes I blame MOA.

If Melo hit the shot then fine but that still wouldn't erase the fact that it wasn't anything more than an ISO.

I swear I remember JVG and Riley with their clipboards getting the attention of everyone drawing up plays. They even had decoy plays just in case the defense decided to overload on a certain guy. I remember multiple substitutions to counter offense/defense late in games. Those NYK/MIA NYK/IND NYK/CHI was like a chess match between coaches. I'm aware that every coach isn't that good but Dantoni doesn't even give a portion of it. He has one way and that's it. Either the team is hot or not... very basic.

Also, I don't put 100% blame on MOA for everything. I have always disliked the way Amare utilizes his skills. He's a beast in the paint yet he settles for jumpers too much and won't develop a back to the basket game. The reason he turns the ball over alot is becasue he can't see the court with his head down barreling to the basket. A post move would allow him better vision for guys doubling down.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ok so you've proven that TD messed up by not cutting on the inbounds but the ball was still going to Melo either way for what ever shot he wanted to take. The point people are trying to make is that it essentially wasn't a play at all. Nothing deceptive about it, nothing elaborate or creative. Either way it was going to result in an ISO... no different from the entire game. With that said, yes I blame MOA.

If Melo hit the shot then fine but that still wouldn't erase the fact that it wasn't anything more than an ISO.

I swear I remember JVG and Riley with their clipboards getting the attention of everyone drawing up plays. They even had decoy plays just in case the defense decided to overload on a certain guy. I remember multiple substitutions to counter offense/defense late in games. Those NYK/MIA NYK/IND NYK/CHI was like a chess match between coaches. I'm aware that every coach isn't that good but Dantoni doesn't even give a portion of it. He has one way and that's it. Either the team is hot or not... very basic.

Also, I don't put 100% blame on MOA for everything. I have always disliked the way Amare utilizes his skills. He's a beast in the paint yet he settles for jumpers too much and won't develop a back to the basket game. The reason he turns the ball over alot is becasue he can't see the court with his head down barreling to the basket. A post move would allow him better vision for guys doubling down.

Great Point.
JVG was one of our worst offensive minded coaches, but u cearly seen the
plays written for Starks or Houston running around a screen set by Oakley or
Ewing to Starks or Houston favorite shooting-spots. u dont see that from
Dantoni, who couldnt write up one of Carmelo's favorite plays he used in
Denver for years. Stat dealing with Dantoni the majority of his career has not
came up with one "back to the basket move", which is a RED-FLAG of Dantoni
coaching Tyson Chandler who did pickup a few of his ex-teammate Eddy Curry's
low post-up moves with his back to the basket.

Red

TYPE-A

Amare needs to attend The Dream's big man camp to expand his game. We see what it did for D12.

Playing like he does is just asking for an injury.