Kol Petition To Fire This Motherf*cker Mike F*cking 'antoni

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
What have you seen from D'Antoni that makes you think he can fix this sinking ship? I haven't seen sh*t. Most of our problems are due to his coaching.

What does he do to help this team? I gotta hear this.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it as a sinking ship. We will see.. To me right now, IT'S ABOUT THE PLAYERS.

First of all the team we have this year is better, obviously, than the one from last. Overall the talent level of the team is higher with Tyson at the 5 and Amare able to move to PF. We do have the best frontline in the game currently. We can see the potential of having those 3 guys in the frontcourt, but we have yet to see what they can really do together. This will take some time.

Second, these guys haven't really played together that long. Amare and Tyson need to figure (their spacing is just f-ed right now) out how to play together. Amare, Tyson and Melo have to figure out how to play together. And TD and Fields are a new back court the last time I checked. So,.......... this 5 has played a grand total of SIX games together people. SIX ....

I'm baffled as to how people can expect so much in such a short amount of time. Takes time for a newly assembled team to gel. Period. It's not all on MDA.

Lastly, and very simply, WE HAVE THE WORST BACK COURT IN THE NBA. TD is terrible. He's not a PG who can run this offense as it should be run, atleast not currently.. And Fields as we all know is not the same guy from last year. He's sucked big time.

Having said all of that... What the hell do want this coach to do??

Is it just hate? You hate the system? Fine.

But the issues we face are more complex and involve more than just looking at MDA.

If you're gonna complain atleast be objective. :calm:And that's not directed only at you KingofNY.

iSaYughh

Starter
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it as a sinking ship. We will see.. To me right now, IT'S ABOUT THE PLAYERS.

First of all the team we have this year is better, obviously, than the one from last. Overall the talent level of the team is higher with Tyson at the 5 and Amare able to move to PF. We do have the best frontline in the game currently. We can see the potential of having those 3 guys in the frontcourt, but we have yet to see what they can really do together. This will take some time.

Second, these guys haven't really played together that long. Amare and Tyson need to figure (their spacing is just f-ed right now) out how to play together. Amare, Tyson and Melo have to figure out how to play together. And TD and Fields are a new back court the last time I checked. So,.......... this 5 has played a grand total of SIX games together people. SIX ....

I'm baffled as to how people can expect so much in such a short amount of time. Takes time for a newly assembled team to gel. Period. It's not all on MDA.

Lastly, and very simply, WE HAVE THE WORST BACK COURT IN THE NBA. TD is terrible. He's not a PG who can run this offense as it should be run, atleast not currently.. And Fields as we all know is not the same guy from last year. He's sucked big time.

Having said all of that... What the hell do want this coach to do??

Is it just hate? You hate the system? Fine.

But the issues we face are more complex and involve more than just looking at MDA.

If you're gonna complain atleast be objective. :calm:And that's not directed only at you KingofNY.

+1 Obviously there are half a dozen undisputedly obvious and profound reasons why we have struggled (a handful of games into a season lol....)...and not a single one of them is MDA. One wouldn't think that, of course, listening to KO's most flamboyant talk show hosts and PR workers, however. :smokin:

Lezbehonest...quite a few people would love to see a sinking ship to prove their anti-MDA hysterics righteous.

Anti-MDA peeps love them political arguments recently. Try this one: ya'll are like Tea Party assed republicans rooting for Obama and the country to fail to prove your agenda right and get your man in his place.

But back to the point: hysterics. At the end of the day, it's conjecture based on a subjective preference of style and what they feel "must" work and what "should" be. And those thoughts and feelings might even be right, but that is beside the point.

When you look at metrics -- real metrics of success and failure -- we don't have a sinking ship, and our rearview mirror is one that shows a successful season that exceeded the expectations of analysts and fans alike (including KO, and particularly KO members who are anti-MDA. Pausemother****ingPause).

This isn't about MDA or the Knicks anymore, either. That train ended after the first several rounds of MDA posts this season -- quality and comprehensive ones; a la Crazy8, SSj, Red too...

MDA is a straw man right now.

It's about hysterics, hype, and personal aggrandizement and attention-seeking flamboyance. Wrapped up in a pack, herd mentality, complete with some trained seals too to clap in unison the moment keywords get spoken.

We have pack masters, and pack followers.

I understand an ego has to eat, but it's getting plain ass silly.

:2cents:

Red

TYPE-A
+1 Obviously there are half a dozen undisputedly obvious and profound reasons why we have struggled (a handful of games into a season lol....)...and not a single one of them is MDA. One wouldn't think that, of course, listening to KO's most flamboyant talk show hosts and PR workers, however. :smokin:
Lezbehonest...

You say not a single one of them is A'ntoni, I would assume because it isn't obvious and profound to you. I say if you know basketball, not NBA history, but basketball, then it's easy to tell after a front row seat for years, that this isn't good basketball; isn't a good scheme/approach/strategy/philosophy etc...; and btw the coach who implemented the above mentioned, isn't right for us... because i want to WIN a championship.

then you said something like this...

And those thoughts and feelings might even be right, but that is beside the point.

and I'm betwixt, mostly because of the opinion I have formed of you.

so I read on...

When you look at metrics -- real metrics of success and failure -- we don't have a sinking ship, and our rearview mirror is one that shows a successful season that exceeded the expectations of analysts and fans alike (including KO, and particularly KO members who are anti-MDA. Pausemother****ingPause).

...and not only do I not recall "a sinking ship", nor anything near, I do recall forming the same opinion (as the above) before. And again to me- it was evident in those exceedingly unexpected playoff games, the recent ones when we got swept in embarrassing fashion,

when the lights were on. (yes I know the other circumstances)

So anyway I'll ask you...

I DONT MIND IF IT'S 20 GAMES IN as long as it gets done! BUT I'VE SEEN ENOUGH. I will no longer support this crap, nor fool myself into believing this is a good thing. I don't care how many playoffs we reach. Playoffs? Your talking about playoffs?

I'm talking about competing for a title.

Ron,

seeing how we play, played in the playoffs, play at our best WITH EVERY SHOT going in....

is that how you learned the game of basketball?

Have ANY of your senses or instincts been alerted to the fact that this is NOT what you know as quality basketball? ANY?

but before you answer please read the following...

you're right. you know my thinking on this. i know the history.

you know i think his style of play is unorthodox. you're supposed to play inside out.

that said..

when run properly,and it takes some time MDAs offense can be highly effective

Now what's your stance?

Simply and succinctly please. :smokin:

KingCharles34

All Star
1. RED
2. CLYDE & THE PEARL
3. nyk_nyk
4. Crazy 8
5. KingStarbury3
6. la2ny
7. Metrocard
8. KingofNY
9. ABCD
10. WARGAMES
11. Pricey
12. Madjack
13. Scipio
14. Dzwonsson
15. Sage
16. MeloforMayor
17. JazRedGt
18. Leflume
19. Moneyg
20. Joegti10
21. NYKLiFER
22. OSIRIS
23. NYK-Fan
24. OrangeandBlue4Life
25. KnickfanaticinGA
26. Oakman88
27. Real NY Baller
28. Toons
et al.

Wow thats the biggest list in knicksonline history :lol:

Red

TYPE-A
This "unorthodox" type of ball is self defeating. Even when you win you lose. A coach should never say or believe "we're going to win by knocking down jumpshots" primarily, because they can't be relied upon. We can score from anywhere on the floor is different.

When you rely on jumpshots, even when you make them, you are inadvertently being conditioned to believe that is ok, and percentage wise (for all my numbers people) it's a lower chance. Why would I decide to go the route that gives me the lowest chance to succeed? I bet to some, that makes too much sense.

Obviously options and the ability to take advantage of those options, are best to have. It's a simple game as in most sport, exploit the options, go at the weakness using strategy and design. The percentages say, closer shots have a greater chance of scoring blah, blah, blah...

teams need defense and a lot of shit to happen...

and I've seen this approach/style/system/philosophy at it's best, when everyone bought in. And not only do I not agree, not only did I learn to play the game of basketball differently, but this provides a ring side seat to exactly why playing like this isn't right; all the weaknesses, options or lack there of, and short-comings. It's exactly why they said not to approach the game in this way, and that's considering it at its best, at it's best.

To be where I want to be, a team cannot play using this approach. It takes too many mitigating factors, and that includes the fact that it takes too much time to perfect. Again even perfectly administered I don't believe this can produce a championship, for a myriad of obvious and not so obvious reasons.

Its paradoxical because I love this team but don't agree with the approach.

Was there a basketball renaissance I am unaware of?

Anyone feel free to answer this and enlighten me.

Is this the type of ball YOU learned how to play?

Including you starybury

Wow thats the biggest list in knicksonline history :lol:

please enlighten us.
:raise:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Now what's your stance?

Simply and succinctly please. :smokin:

give it 20 games.. so basically same as it ever was.

also, mda is a gd coach. he didn't forget how to do his job.

as we saw tnite, when the spacing is right, guys move the ball and they start to develop a lil familiarity this offense is devasting. it looked pretty tnite. teams wont have an answer for melo n amare n our spacing/movement. when baron comes into the fold... lookout.

we will then have all necessary components to dominate.

red, you proved yet again w this thread that you really don't have a gd grasp of what's happening on the court. you need to really understand how the players and their various abilities complement one another to know what you're seeing. then you can make an objective assessment.

there will be some more ups n downs, but make no mistake... THIS TEAM WILL BE GD.

and mda will get to take SOME credit, again.

smokes

Huge Member

as we saw tnite, when the spacing is right, guys move the ball and they start to develop a lil familiarity this offense is devasting. it looked pretty tnite. teams wont have an answer for melo n amare n our spacing/movement. when baron comes into the fold... lookout.

red, you proved yet again w this thread that you really don't have a gd grasp of what's happening on the court. you need to really understand how the players and their various abilities complement one another to know what you're seeing. then you can make an objective assessment.

there will be some more ups n downs, but make no mistake... THIS TEAM WILL BE GD.

As we see, when we play completely shit teams we manage to do well. When we play half decent teams we lose.

So far this season the most impressive game was the opening day and that was vs a Boston without one of their big three. And we pretty much won that because of Melo.

The last couple of games have been positive in terms of people getting more into their roles but still nothing to write home about. Our opposition has been terrible. We just barely beat the Wizards for gods sake.

MDA might be a good coach but not for this team.

Red

TYPE-A

i never doubted that we had the components or talent to succeed. If you notice when winning games like tonight- we did the things we always lack... scoring inside (as well as outside), rebounding, and defense.

I also notice strong willed players like Imax and Melo etc... who really know how to ball (Billups) say "yeah coach, ok" then go out there and ball like they know how and basically say f*ck this coach.

Of course MOA will get some credit, and thats fine with me, but don't sell me a bag of shit and call it brownies. That undisciplined chucking style isn't ball, the no-boxing out or exploiting the post isn't ball- we did the opposite and won.

especially where there is flow as influenced by a PG like Imax. Just like Nash and others, MOA doesn't seem meticulous, he gives basic instructions (move the ball), and its up to them to just ball.

that works fine now, but it's more difficult in the playoffs where coaching and specifics will come into play.

We hardly win because of 'Antoni, more like in spite of him.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I think that the point is that we lose more games because of D`Antoni`s useless coaching then we win because of his coaching skills.

Wargames

Starter
some of you wonder why Dantoni isnt gone yet I think you have the New York Rangers to blame. considering how much money was lost in the lockout and the need to recoup from MSG renovations, the Knicks are a lousy product now and why changes havent been made yet because it will certainly effect ticket sales eventually but since the Rangers are the buzz of the town now and have the best record in the NHL maybe Dolan is letter the baby brother take a back seat first.

Nah it's the fact that Dolan doesn't want to pay D'antoni to not coach. He's paid way to many coaches to not coach and only got bad press for it. Even now Stephen A. Smith is saying it is the players not the coach (Stephen A is a dumbass clown though so that's not surprising).

If you look at it managements perspective the stars are already signed. Win or lose the Knicks don't get a pick anyhow. It'll be cheaper to run the season out and find the best coach available also it would be a lot less negative press concerning him. Especially if like you said the rangers do well. So unless the Knicks do horrible and lose a ton straight (post Baron) the knicks will be stuck with D'antoni.

KingofNy

Starter
Nah it's the fact that Dolan doesn't want to pay D'antoni to not coach. He's paid way to many coaches to not coach and only got bad press for it. Even now Stephen A. Smith is saying it is the players not the coach (Stephen A is a dumbass clown though so that's not surprising).

If you look at it managements perspective the stars are already signed. Win or lose the Knicks don't get a pick anyhow. It'll be cheaper to run the season out and find the best coach available also it would be a lot less negative press concerning him. Especially if like you said the rangers do well. So unless the Knicks do horrible and lose a ton straight (post Baron) the knicks will be stuck with D'antoni.

Dolan's already paying D'Antoni to not coach now so what's the difference?

Paul1355

All Star
WHO'S SEEN ENOUGH?
GIVING UP 118 TO CHA...
SOUND OFF, RANT, WHATEVER...
YOUR NAME WILL BE ADDED TO THE LIST, FOR NOW AND FOREVER

FIRE THIS MOTHER*****ING COUNTRY HICK SCHMUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT F*CKING TAKE THIS ANYMORE

NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*CK THIS TEAM

F*CK THE ENTIRE NBA

UNTIL I SEE THIS F*CKING MORONIC IMBECILE POOR EXCUSE FOR A F*CKING COACH GO!!!

NO MORE GAMES

NO MORE TICKETS

NO MORE FITTEDS

NO MORE ROOTING, FANDUM, ANALYSIS, ARGUING

NO. MOTHERF*CKING. MORE.

E-N-O-U-G-H!!!!!!!

I DARE A MOTHERF*CKER TO SAY SOMETHING TO ME ABOUT THIS FAGGOT ASS SCHMUCK...PLEASE N!GGA.... PLEASE!

1. RED
2. CLYDE & THE PEARL
3. nyk_nyk
4. Crazy 8
5. KingStarbury3
6. la2ny
7. Metrocard
8. KingofNY
9. ABCD
10. WARGAMES
11. Pricey
12. Madjack
13. Scipio
14. Dzwonsson
15. Sage
16. MeloforMayor
17. JazRedGt
18. Leflume
19. Moneyg
20. Joegti10
21. NYKLiFER
22. OSIRIS
23. NYK-Fan
24. OrangeandBlue4Life
25. KnickfanaticinGA
26. Oakman88
27. Real NY Baller
28. Toons
et al.

LMAO

I want to ask what purpose was that list of posters for. I post more than most people for the past few years here. Show some acknowledgement.

I have been on the fire Mike D bandwagon for years now. I couldn't stand him after seeing him give excuses for losing the way we do.

His teams rarely play to their strengths. He is terrible. Get this clown out of here. I can't wait until the fire Mike D chants become so loud that the MSG announcers have to address it, expecially Mike D's but buddy Mike Breen. FIRE MIKE D and get this shmuck out of here.

Great thread red. Made me laugh my ass off.

I dont care if Mike D is a nice guy, I don't care. He sucks. X's and O's he has no idea what he is doing. He is clueless. And is not a leader.

We need to change this up now. We are wasting time with this guy.

Red

TYPE-A
LMAO

I want to ask what purpose was that list of posters for. I post more than most people for the past few years here. Show some acknowledgement.

I have been on the fire Mike D bandwagon for years now. I couldn't stand him after seeing him give excuses for losing the way we do.

His teams rarely play to their strengths. He is terrible. Get this clown out of here. I can't wait until the fire Mike D chants become so loud that the MSG announcers have to address it, expecially Mike D's but buddy Mike Breen. FIRE MIKE D and get this shmuck out of here.

Great thread red. Made me laugh my ass off.

I dont care if Mike D is a nice guy, I don't care. He sucks. X's and O's he has no idea what he is doing. He is clueless. And is not a leader.

We need to change this up now. We are wasting time with this guy.

Yo I'm reading your posts... you got me rolling!

This shit is torture right? When you think of all the mistakes made just by considering one European coach... mind boggling.

Red

TYPE-A
I DONT MIND IF IT'S 20 GAMES IN as long as it gets done! BUT I'VE SEEN ENOUGH. I will no longer support this crap, nor fool myself into believing this is a good thing. I don't care how many playoffs we reach. Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?

I'm talking about competing for a title.

Ron,

seeing how we play, played in the playoffs, play at our best WITH EVERY SHOT going in....

is that how you learned the game of basketball?

Have ANY of your senses or instincts been alerted to the fact that this is NOT what you know as quality basketball? ANY?
?
:alert::alert::alert::alert:

Paul1355

All Star
Yo I'm reading your posts... you got me rolling!

This shit is torture right? When you think of all the mistakes made just by considering one European coach... mind boggling.

haha well the mistakes are a laundry list and frankly I don't want to relive them right now since all this negativity is getting to me concerning Mike D and our future this season.

We all had such high hopes this year. This was the year of change. This was the year that we compete for a title. Everything has taken a 360 degree turn and its because we have a coach that doesn't live up to the hype. He doesn't belong here anymore. We brought him here to attract Lebron, but we got Amare. Amare got Melo. Now we are set, we just need to take away Mike D and see what another coach can do. We obviously need a point guard but a new coach would make players play to their strengths more effectively and consistently.

I don't think Mike Woodson is the answer. He hasn't improved our defense. If switching on every pick and roll and getting killed from mismatches from switching is an improved defense then we are doomed with Mike Woodson as our coaching heir.

We need a winner.

Phil Jackson next season, the writing is on the wall.

If not Jackson, someone old school.