I miss this man

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
david-lee-knicks-tight-file-cropped-4e2e7b697d5ca424_large.jpg

Hate on his defense all you want, but the dude could ball.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Me too. Now they're together again! I view the Warriors as our "little brother". David Lee, Nate Robinson, great fans, have those special lighting like MSG in their arena, has that unique roof like us.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Patrick-Ewing.jpg

This man wouldn't stand for this bullshit.

“We feel that we are fighting for our lives and our livelihoods.” - P.E.

Lee and Robinson?

What about Oakley, Starks and Sprewell?

We need some balls man!

Amar'e is running around in pink clothes, talking about romantic dinners - acting like Beyonc?.

Melo plays like he's saving himself for whatever....

Fields is soft as baby skin.

Douglas and Walker can't play.

The only dogs we got on this roster are Chandler and Shumpert and probably Balkman.

New New York

Quiet Storm
is this the guy we traded Renaissance Man for? I'll be....

If you are trying to tell me that David Lee is a better player than Amare then you have truly lost all credability!

If David Lee was our starting PF last year instead of Amare then our record wouldve have been no different then the previous 2 years!

Statistically speaking they are comparable, but so is Chauncy Billups and Brandon Jennings, yet it is obvious who the better player is right?

David Lee actually got more double doubles than Dwight, so does that mean he is better than him too!!

quiggle

Starter
I promise you when Renaissance Man returns to New York in another teams uniform he will not get the same reception as David Lee did, talent wise he's better then Lee but Lee will take the floor burn and bleed a little for this team. its called hustle, maybe someone should introduce the term to Swagger Stat

iSaYughh

Starter
I griped about this guy's Girl Scout rebounding rate incessantly before we signed him; and while some were telling naysayers to pipe down, and referencing his swag and how he "single handedly" raped the Lakers with his "scoring dominance" in the playoffs prior to FA, I preferred to recall him getting outrebounded by Point Guards...white point guards....white point guards named "Steven Nash".

Something is just incredibly off when you are a veteran -- a playoff veteran -- and can "dominate" a team....yet rebound with the authority of a grandma who stayed up one episode too late watching Matlock.

When STAT signed I of course supported him, and he single handedly elevated us pre-Melo into a degree of relevance, which, for better or worse, gave us the power to then powermove into a guy like Melo...and of course, we did get Melo.

But all the glamour ads, socialite bullshit....Is a total joke and slap in the face to the Knicks at this point.

He needs to worry less about his shrinkage on a cover photoshoot, and more about his basketball game. Of course, scoring and stats is part of basketball...coincidence it is also the part of the basketball that's also most tied to simply being a celebrity.....

I sound like Quiggle, but within the next decade, I would bet big money STAT's life is revolving around a NYC based fashion company and some movie production bullshit.

People have, and do, confuse his "swag" for real swag. Amare's swag is more like the glitter that Beyonce sprinkles on her cheeckbones; as opposed to real NYK, Spreewell-style swag.

Simply put, when you get penetrated like a slut game in, game out, you aren't The Man; and when you are still taking it like that at the age of nearly 30, after proclaiming yourself a leader and superstar, you're a poseur.

:2cents:

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Lol stat is twice the player lee is. We currently have the worst pg in the league. You saw what stat did with Felton n bill ups. He is a monster, and I guarantee once we get a pg he will be back.

Knicks were going nowhere with lee. Lee is an inferior zbo. There was a reason why every player over 6.10 dominated us 2 seasons ago. Now we get smashed by sgs and pgs. See Ellis, rondo, Calderon, ...

iSaYughh

Starter
And just to reiterate myself and the obvious.....If you honestly believe a 29year, NBA pro and all-star never was told (or simply knew, the same way we know the sky is blue by the time we're 10, yet don't need to, nor necessarily can recall some moment where some specific individual "taught" us this),

"hey, Amare...wanna box out, son?"

"yo STAT, you see that ball that the opponent is about to shoot, wanna watch that basketball go the rim and then make a play for it?"

"Amare, the doctor just gave us the starting news that you are nearly 7ft tall and weight 250lbs, you are medically cleared to be able to use your force to try and stop someone from blowing by you"

Then we must agree to disagree.

If you do not, then the major issues with STAT the player, and the resultant issues with the NYK team, will not be resolved by any coaching change. (not to mention we hired a bonefied defensive coach this season, anyways).

In fact, a supposed defensive coach with a greater reliance on defensive scheme would, if anything, likely cause Amare more grief and trouble.

Not unlike Larry Brown, hall of fame defensive coach and guru, who had beyond abysmal results coaching a refined, complete defensive game onto players who were simply resistant by way of their own emotional and mental makeup (not their skills and ability).

:2cents: + :2cents:

To a lesser degree, all of the above applies to Melo.

Finally, like Kblack's excellent Grantland crosspost illustrated, one reason we play/played smallball with STAT at C is to turn a weakness into a strength -- that is, his offensive reliance on space and movement.

I guess that he doesn't have superior offensive moves that don't rely on that, is also a fault of MDA. Like I guess Lebron's lack of quality post-moves till recently was because somebody never held his hand and told him what to do.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Lol stat is twice the player lee is. We currently have the worst pg in the league. You saw what stat did with Felton n bill ups. He is a monster, and I guarantee once we get a pg he will be back.

Knicks were going nowhere with lee. Lee is an inferior zbo. There was a reason why every player over 6.10 dominated us 2 seasons ago. Now we get smashed by sgs and pgs. See Ellis, rondo, Calderon, ...
This is ridiculous. So what you're (actually several people have been defending Amar'e this way) saying is, Amar'e is very good/great with a good PG, and bad without one?

So right now, Lee is better than Amar'e?

Also I remember Lee dominating other centers as well. Boris Diaw had one of the best games, if not his best game, of his career last night. Lee is playing good, Amar'e hasn't been good as Balkman.

For the record, I like Amar'e. I hope he does get back to being a dominate force including blocking shots every game. People need to stop making excuses for him. Lee made Duhon look good. Amar'e could try something called defense. TRY.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Stat scored 26 and 10 last night. So yes I'm saying he's great with a good pg, and good with a crap pg.

Statistics aren't everything, but chandler deserves more blame. He needs to hold the paint like he did for Dallas. Stat and nowitzki are both shit defenders. As is lee. The only thing less has on stat is passing

quiggle

Starter
watching Renaissance Man drive towards the hoop with 3 opposing players converging at him and waiting for him to kick it back out is as exciting as watching Charles Oakely taking 20 foot jump shots

New New York

Quiet Storm
I promise you when Renaissance Man returns to New York in another teams uniform he will not get the same reception as David Lee did, talent wise he's better then Lee but Lee will take the floor burn and bleed a little for this team. its called hustle, maybe someone should introduce the term to Swagger Stat

Renaldo Balkman hustles, Jared Jefferies hustles, Reggie Evans hustles, but what does that equate to?

Hustle players are valuable, and please don't read my post as disrespect to D Lee, I love the guy and really do pull for G-State due to he and Mark Jackson (when not playing The Knicks of course) yet, for all his hustle, David Lee is still a pretty bad defender in his own right, he'll grab 3 more rebounds than Stat, but will block less shots and get scored on just as easily!

David Lee will get you 20 and 14 against Sac or Detroit, but how does he fair against the elite players at his position? Is David Lee a leader? Can David Lee take over a game? Do oppossing teams zero in on him?

Again, put David Lee on last year's team and we are a 33-35 win team at best!

Felton
Feilds
Gallo
Chandler
Lee

outside of playoffs in weak East

Add Stat to G-State's roster last year......

Curry
Ellis
Wright (I guess)
Amare
Biendris

Playoff team in the tough West