Stat better fit at center or bench?

shizzee

Benchwarmer
it really doesn't matter.Knicks are better considering stat on centers. play chandler at PF. Diaw and the kidd from Ohio St just looked like allstar against him. Wassup with Jeffries, twigs is so fragile. I don't remember him getting hurts but he keeps missing time. whats with D'Antoni not playings Jorts and Jordan. we didn't need offensive scoring we needed effort and when 2 stars players don't give that every night on both ends you have look at your roll players to do the dirty work. Well D'Antoni didn't give them chance. D'antoni will be in the hot seat 10 games in. He will have another week to get this team to play together with passion or else he is fired. With firing of D'Antoni is the end of Stat stint in NY. Its ashame to see 3 star being outplayed by the rookie Shumpert on both ends. If D'antoni want a chance to keep his job start the Rookie with Fields in the backcourt and bring stat off the bench, Until they figure out that they need to make changes.

9 man rotation
Shumpert-36 Fields-32 Melo-32 Jorts-24 Chandler-32
Douglas-28 Walker-16 Stat-28 Jordan-12

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Because it makes heaps of sense bringing our 100m man of the bench (lol). Stat and Melo are becoming the scape goats, when in fact, those two and shump are the only ones that have shown anything.

Chandler has been useless in my opinion, and if I had the chance again, I would have kept billups, and signed kwane brown to stand in the post and set screens for melo and stat and play d. Chandler has had one good game and been torched by inferior teams all year. I'm not saying chandler is a bad player, but he needs a pg which we don't have.

Our pg situation with Davis out is embarrassing. I have no faith in Douglas running this team. He is a shoot first pg that can't set up plays. He also gets torched by every pg. Rubio the rook wUill have a field day.

Fields is a bench player. Shump will be starting soon.

I'm sick and tired off people blaming melo and stat. I agree it is ****ing frustrating watching stat jack up shots, but he has no one running the pick and role. No set screens, and a 7.2 foot man taking his room. Stay needs to stay at of and be isolated on a wing and given room to drive. He needs a pg that sets up plays and attacks the ring for a easy dish.

The teams woes are on the two d's. Douglas and dantoni. **** them both!!!

skisloper

Starter
I think we would all agree that the Knicks roster is much better then they play in games as a team...

The only blame is the COACH....

We have no PG. At some point in time D'antonio should have been smart enough to realize TD cannot handle it and get someone by trading Fields for a decent PG ( more important then having fields )....Now if Dantonio though TD can handle it then he is a being paid 5 million to be a moron.....

We got lucky getting Davis or maybe unlucky if he never makes it back.....There was never a plan to get him so that cannot be Dantonio's excuse for using TD.....

Stat does not deserve the crap he is getting....he always starts the season slow and adjusts just like he has done his entire career....If plays defense like he did last night then we should have amnesty'd him....

START.....
Schumpert at PG
Jeffries at SG ( defense )
Melo
Stat
Chandler...

Before u argue about jeffries we do not need 3 point shooter or shooters...we need defense.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
No man Jeffries starting at the 2 is a terrible idea. We need a pure shooter that can play d. Walker would be a better fit.

As much as I hate the guy the perfect fit for this team is rondo

He'd be the one pg I'd throw the boat at

skisloper

Starter
No man Jeffries starting at the 2 is a terrible idea. We need a pure shooter that can play d. Walker would be a better fit.

As much as I hate the guy the perfect fit for this team is rondo

He'd be the one pg I'd throw the boat at

WALKER has no basketball IQ........

We do not need shooters....for what ????
so we can take more 3 pointers...
we need defense....as long as DANTONIO is the coach this our best option...
we need STOPS .....no more F'IN 3 POINTERS

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Lol walker would be a much better fit that Jeffries at sg.

We need a pure three poit shooter who can attack the rim. At the moment Carmelo is our only offense.

Defense will come. We're crying out for a bruce Bowen type. I think shump will eventually make sg his own. Until then, we need a paymaker!!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree. Amar'e should be coming off the bench. Don't view as Amar'e being immune to being benched because of what he's being paid. He should be playing up to what he's being paid and at the rate he's been playing he should be payed less than Shumpert.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
knicks3 (LOL)

i geuss you and knicks management have the same problem. everyone is thinking offense. Even our players think offense. Unless they knock down shots or are loosing by alot of points is when they decide to play DEFENSE. Knicks3 (lol) laugh at the DEFENSE, everything else is irrelivant. When are guys going to learn about defense. Stat allowed DIaw and BJ Mullens looking like world beaters in the perimeter. another time in the during rotation change instead going out the shooter(D.J. Augustin for 3), he just turned his head for rebound. It happened so slowly you had time to yell than look at the shot and still he never moved. lol bench your star player. ask what chicago did to rose who is best young player in the NBA, who $hits on stats game all day long.
now the other option ply him center. since he slower and bigger he might be able to take physical nature of center better than last yr. Chandler is much more mobile than Stat. Knicks better slow down with alleyoops it take alot out on the chandler knees and high risk of injury in 1/2 basketball.

skisloper

Starter
Lol walker would be a much better fit that Jeffries at sg.

We need a pure three poit shooter who can attack the rim. At the moment Carmelo is our only offense.

Defense will come. We're crying out for a bruce Bowen type. I think shump will eventually make sg his own. Until then, we need a paymaker!!!!

We do not need anymore outside shots.....we take more 3 pointers then every team out there....I am not a Jeffries fan but Dantonio is killing our team....
* out of 10 times down the court we stand around the 3 point line....WE DO NOT NEED SHOOTERS.....we need DEFENSE.....we get ZERO EASY BASKETS.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How dare someone mention Jeffries. He's a good defender, but he bricks all game long. He would ruin our hot shooting this year.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Lol we need less threes from Melo, stat, Douglas, fields and more threes fr a traditional shooter like novak. A play that spreads the floor. No ****ing shot we shoot too many threes.

The blame is not entirely on stat it should be on chandler just as much as more, because he was recruited as a defensive Mecca, and he has done nothing except that game with 6 blocks.

And shizzee how is me saying we should have gone harder after players like rondo (ridnour, Blake, or even mills), and players like bowen used to be (Daniels, battier, and kwame brown as a big) laughing at defense you dumb ****.

We went after the wrong players : bibby, jeffries (too small to guard centres, too slow for guard sgs).

We are still missing pieces, which is why we have the worst bench in the league

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
And I'm still laughing at Jeffries as a starting shooting guard. Wish you were coach. Bench stat and start Jeffries. Haha

skisloper

Starter
And I'm still laughing at Jeffries as a starting shooting guard. Wish you were coach. Bench stat and start Jeffries. Haha

Never said bench Stat,,,,,,
But in DANTONIO'S OFFENSE and only his offense it really does not matter who is playing shooting guard.....all players stand around the 3 point line and pass it bak and forth ...once in a while a play to chandler to slam it in or Melo isolation...

Last night was a JOKE....we played no defense and then with 20 seconds left on the clock shot a 3 pointer.....

At least with Jeffires we have a hustler, foul drawer and a defender,,,,I love that he cannot shoot and wont...last night Balkman took a 3 pointer...

Understand there are no positions when Dantonio is coaching...its stand along the 3 point circle and pass..

so if he will continue that then lets at least have defender.....do not use SG as its label ...use a defender....

shizzee

Benchwarmer
theknicks3

WTF are talking about? this what you responded to my orignal post pay attention D!ckhead

Because it makes heaps of sense bringing our 100m man of the bench (lol).

If we showed these prima donna some discipline. as mention before like what Bulls coach did not start Derrick rose for game this yr, will teach these guys to play harder. Now not starting Stat center or playing off the bench is better for the team until he gets his legs back. He is just too slow for most NBA PF right now. Id don't care about his statistic I care about plus minus and he is killing on defense. CHandler is playing below his standards defensively but he is hands down 2 best defensive player and alters so many shots. 2 key factors D'anotni can't coach 1/2 court and stat can't play 1/2 court. time to swallow the pride and part ways with both of them.

I aagree with Bibby and Novak additions

I think adding DeShawn Stevenson when he was available was good -move that we did not pick late.

But you can't deny fire D'anonti would end Stat era also. They kind came in hand to hand.

I think Bogan(who is available) is still any improvement over Walker (not the smartest player)

Bottom line we need 2 ways player and neither Melo and stat are that. We can't get rid of both of them so we have keep they younger more productive players. Or CAN we :agreed:

Girzzlies get Melo Walker Knicks get Allen Gay

Wizards Stat Douglas Balkman Knicks get Wall R.Lewis

never score more than 90 never give up more than 80 I would love those days. Knicks best at ugly defensive basketball.

This teams is as good as Miami just as exciting
Wall Shumpert Gay Lewis Chandler
Davis Allen Fields Jorts Jordan
Jeffries Bibby

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
No offense Miami would smoke that team.

Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shump
Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gay (and I love gay)

Charmers and Norris are much better than douglas.

Before we fix anything, we need to fix our pg situation. I detest seeing Douglas as a starter and he is by far the most overrated knick. Package him, walker, bibby for a role player.

Trading melo and stat won't happen, and is not the answer.

I bet anyone that after the next 25 games. We will have a positive record. Bookmark it