Loss -vs- Washington Wizards mean a FIRED Dantoni?

Kiyaman

Legend
The cohesiveness in our offense/defense does not exist.
We are not using 7.0 C-Tyson Chandler's best skills & talents

Combo-TD & F/G-Fields....are hustling young depth bench-players looking to play "Team-Ball" on both-sides of the court.
Both these young-guards (TD/Fields) are always cutting but I never see a screen/pick made for our young cutting guards. WTF! no teammates screens on iso plays has made us look like a man on man offensive team.

Coach Dantoni, Stat, and Melo ....are not on the same-page or playing "Team-Ball" on any sides of the court. The two superstars shouldve worked-out together during the lockout, they do not co-exist.
Stat & Melo showed no-leadership on the defensive-end in the 118-110 loss to the Bobcats. Our roster is waiting to follow our superstars lead.

I know what to expect from 3rd/2nd season TD/Fields and what they bring to the table....But what should I expect from our $52M per starters each game? or the $6M per headcoach who give 8 players the green-light to shoot 3-balls per game?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I...don't think it'll be so soon. If it were largely the same roster as last year, then maybe, but because you don't have Billups and you have Tyson Chandler, you gotta give them some more games.

KingofNy

Starter
Either way I'll be there screaming FIRE ANTONI in his ear... I'm sitting right behind him.

I don't think Dolan has the balls to can him 7 games into the season, but hopefully he does... I just don't think he will.

Wargames

Starter
it might not get him fired but it was be the tipping point of it being openly discussed in the media. Already sports writers are hinting that as a legitimate action. A loss agains't a 0-6 team will make those guys go into a blood frenzy.

Lets get Bill Laimbeer in 2012 and maul th F*ck out of the Heat in the ECF's:afro:

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Either way I'll be there screaming FIRE ANTONI in his ear... I'm sitting right behind him.

I don't think Dolan has the balls to can him 7 games into the season, but hopefully he does... I just don't think he will.

I'll be there too!! LoL Section 121 baby!!! :beer:

TakMan

Rotation player
The cohesiveness in our offense/defense does not exist.
We are not using 7.0 C-Tyson Chandler's best skills & talents

Combo-TD & F/G-Fields....are hustling young depth bench-players looking to play "Team-Ball" on both-sides of the court.
Both these young-guards (TD/Fields) are always cutting but I never see a screen/pick made for our young cutting guards. WTF! no teammates screens on iso plays has made us look like a man on man offensive team.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Douglas and Fields are a prime reason the Knicks are losing at this stage.

Douglas is not, never was, and never will be a PG. He's a streaky shooter and has 0,Zero, Nada, Nein, Basketball I.Q.

Fields is also one of the most unreliable players on the team. Can't shoot, can't pass, and can't layup. I fancy his chances scoring an open three more than him successfully driving at the basket and that's saying something as he is an incredibly bad shooter. He started off promising enough last season, but he is too limited to ever be considered anything more than a role player (if that).

Douglas though, in particular, is really starting to piss me off. This team will be a completely different prospect once Davis has returned and it will not be thanks to the two young guards, or the coach.

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I would like to think that it would happen but I can`t see it.

Of course, I want the Knicks to win but if we lose then surely D`Antoni must go. Losing to the Raptors, Bobcats and Wizards would be too much particularly the way we are losing to them. The Raptors and `Cats have outplayed us and we made Boris Diaw look like a $100m a year superstar whilst our $100m a year superstar was made to look like a scrub.

fender0577

Rotation player

Yes King, be my mouthpiece,more power to ya.Make sure he here's ya nice and loud.Try to start a chant if you can, just don't get tossed.LOL.

p0nder

Starter
I can see it. If the kings can can their bench boss, why can't the knicks?

It's clear that something needs to change here. You don't have 2 superstars and a 3rd "star" player to go under .500. I don't care if we had chris poohon at the point. (Who would probably be an upgrade to TD right now)

If we lose to the wizards I fully expect that dantoni will be either fired or at least on the hot seat.

KingofNy

Starter
Yes King, be my mouthpiece,more power to ya.Make sure he here's ya nice and loud.Try to start a chant if you can, just don't get tossed.LOL.

I don't know if you've ever went to a Wizards home game, but you can hear a feather drop and I'm sitting directly behind him. Especially if we lose or trail by 15-20, I'm gonna call him out like crazy. I might even get kicked out... We'll see how bad we're playing. So don't you worry... Got anything you want me to yell besides the obvious?

quiggle

Starter
am I watch a different channel Knicks then the rest of you, some of you ask the most silliest question why hasnt Dantoni been fired yet? do you understand how MSG brass works, they are hanging him out to dry, they know its a losing season already but why not shame the coach for it as well, with each loss his record looks uglier and his credibility takes a hit. they did this with all the other coaches, and if one, God forbid actually succeeds here, Dolan will find a way to dirty things up some more.

Kiyaman

Legend
We been watching two different Knicks teams

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Douglas and Fields are a prime reason the Knicks are losing at this stage.

Douglas is not, never was, and never will be a PG. He's a streaky shooter and has 0,Zero, Nada, Nein, Basketball I.Q.

Fields is also one of the most unreliable players on the team. Can't shoot, can't pass, and can't layup. I fancy his chances scoring an open three more than him successfully driving at the basket and that's saying something as he is an incredibly bad shooter. He started off promising enough last season, but he is too limited to ever be considered anything more than a role player (if that).

Douglas though, in particular, is really starting to piss me off. This team will be a completely different prospect once Davis has returned and it will not be thanks to the two young guards, or the coach.

Wow! havnt u notice media & NBA commentators not mentioning anything
negative on Dantoni, Stat, or Melo in the past 6 Knicks games....but when
u watch the Knicks games u see non-movement on offense with players
standing still on the 3-ball line (Dantoni), no movement without the ball from
Stat & Melo, and when Stat & Melo are doubled they rarely pass the ball,
plus the two superstars cant average one assist from each other per game.
And the two superstars has been FAKING on the defensive-end of the court.
I hate to bust your bubble of thought....but TD is not the same scoring-punch
guy we drafted out of college, and Fields is definately not the same player
that crashed the offense & defense boards with put-backs, blocks, steals,
and slashing to the hoop we drafted from college.
Dantoni's coaching stunt their growth with this foolish wide 3-point offense
with no type of defensive system to run back-on.
TD & Fields never favored 3-Ball shooting in college....the two found millions
of ways to score inside or 15 feet from the paint. Their defensive hustle in a
system made them strong candidates for the NBA draft (late pick or not they
were a blessin for the Knicks as finishers.).

The pick n roll with Stat needs more than just TD & Stat when oponents
keep doubling on Stat, that is what stop Stat consecutive 30 point run last
season (Stat refuse to pass the ball to other teammates when double), or did
u forget Stat kept forcing shots when doubled?

Carmelo always had great screens from Camby, Nene, Birdman, and K.Mart to
get to four of his favorite spots to be a high scorer on the Denver Nuggets.
Dantoni has not design any play where Stat & Tyson screen for Melo to get
to a certain spot for an open shot....all we see is stand-still catch n shoots
with everyone on the peremeter. Give me a break.
Knicks ex-coach JVG design easy plays for Ewing & Oakley to screen for
Starks & Houston for 15 to 20 foot jumpers. Which brings me back to our
young guards "TD & Fields" never having Tyson, Stat, or Melo screen/pick for
them to get an open shot. is that team-ball? every guard in the NBA gets all
kinds of screens/picks from their bigmen....except TD & Fields.

Did Tyson Chandler come out of the paint to screen for CP3? Damn near on
every offensive play u seen CP3 speed swift pass Tyson bigman defender to
the hoop. u dont think TD could do that? TD did it in the Kings game making
DMarcus Cousin want to be traded after the game. ha ha ha

If he keeps losing in this fashion it will only be a matter of time before he goes. I don't see us losing to the Wizards, then again, I didn't see us losing our last 2 games. D'Ant might just be doing us a hugh favor by creating an early departure for himself. Thou it will be kind of sad if the Wizards get their first win on us.

Kiyaman

Legend
am I watch a different channel Knicks then the rest of you, some of you ask the most silliest question why hasnt Dantoni been fired yet? do you understand how MSG brass works, they are hanging him out to dry, they know its a losing season already but why not shame the coach for it as well, with each loss his record looks uglier and his credibility takes a hit. they did this with all the other coaches, and if one, God forbid actually succeeds here, Dolan will find a way to dirty things up some more.

u dont know Dolan....the guy is a question-mark when it comes to Knicks/Rangers

As long as fans fill up the seats in MSG arena Dolan dont care if they Boo or clap.
All Dolan knows is Dantoni was a celebrity big name coach out west, and
Stat & Melo are big name star players to raise prices in MSG.

Dantoni's coaching performance been begging to be FIRED since the 1-9 start
in the 2009 season with DNP the majority of the roster.

Toons

is the Bo$$
is there anyone that MIKE DNP'd that is actually doing big things in the league now?? does anyone think that players deserve their treatment? these are young, spoiled, millionaires....that have to be put in their place.

Kiyaman

Legend
If he keeps losing in this fashion it will only be a matter of time before he goes. I don't see us losing to the Wizards, then again, I didn't see us losing our last 2 games. D'Ant might just be doing us a hugh favor by creating an early departure for himself. Thou it will be kind of sad if the Wizards get their first win on us.

This is not looking good for us as a building franchise....I wouldnt have minded
the two losses vs Raptors/Bobcats if a decent amount of playingtime minutes
were given to rookie Jordan, Jorts, Shump, and role-players Novak, Walker,
Balkman, and Bibby to get them rotating in an offense/defense system.
The 35 and then 28 3-ball shot attempts is not the way to put an offensive-
system that works on getting oponents in foul trouble, getting to the foul
line, creating screens for open layups or alley-oops to our 3 bigs.

Mike Dantoni have to be FIRED ASAP....so the Knicks could work on a simple
offense/defense system of team-ball that coach Mike Woodson establish with
Detroit & Atlanta. This crazy 66 close game schedual is the perfect outlet for
us to use a 10+ man rotation to find same-page trio-combination and same-
page quadruble-combination of players in this 15 man roster for keepers for
the 2012-13 season.

TakMan

Rotation player
Wow! havnt u notice media & NBA commentators not mentioning anything
negative on Dantoni, Stat, or Melo in the past 6 Knicks games....but when
u watch the Knicks games u see non-movement on offense with players
standing still on the 3-ball line (Dantoni), no movement without the ball from
Stat & Melo, and when Stat & Melo are doubled they rarely pass the ball,
plus the two superstars cant average one assist from each other per game.
And the two superstars has been FAKING on the defensive-end of the court.
I hate to bust your bubble of thought....but TD is not the same scoring-punch
guy we drafted out of college, and Fields is definately not the same player
that crashed the offense & defense boards with put-backs, blocks, steals,
and slashing to the hoop we drafted from college.
Dantoni's coaching stunt their growth with this foolish wide 3-point offense
with no type of defensive system to run back-on.
TD & Fields never favored 3-Ball shooting in college....the two found millions
of ways to score inside or 15 feet from the paint. Their defensive hustle in a
system made them strong candidates for the NBA draft (late pick or not they
were a blessin for the Knicks as finishers.).

The pick n roll with Stat needs more than just TD & Stat when oponents
keep doubling on Stat, that is what stop Stat consecutive 30 point run last
season (Stat refuse to pass the ball to other teammates when double), or did
u forget Stat kept forcing shots when doubled?

Carmelo always had great screens from Camby, Nene, Birdman, and K.Mart to
get to four of his favorite spots to be a high scorer on the Denver Nuggets.
Dantoni has not design any play where Stat & Tyson screen for Melo to get
to a certain spot for an open shot....all we see is stand-still catch n shoots
with everyone on the peremeter. Give me a break.
Knicks ex-coach JVG design easy plays for Ewing & Oakley to screen for
Starks & Houston for 15 to 20 foot jumpers. Which brings me back to our
young guards "TD & Fields" never having Tyson, Stat, or Melo screen/pick for
them to get an open shot. is that team-ball? every guard in the NBA gets all
kinds of screens/picks from their bigmen....except TD & Fields.

Did Tyson Chandler come out of the paint to screen for CP3? Damn near on
every offensive play u seen CP3 speed swift pass Tyson bigman defender to
the hoop. u dont think TD could do that? TD did it in the Kings game making
DMarcus Cousin want to be traded after the game. ha ha ha

I'm not going to discuss Anthony and Stoudamire at the moment despite being far from pleased with their contribution on both ends of the court. The reason is that -for me- Fields and Douglas have performed far worse to the extent where I feel they contribute more to the appalling display on offence. Regardless of whether or not they are getting screens off anyone, both Fields and Douglas take predominantly free shots and consistently miss. Whereas with Douglas it is mainly a result of his non-existant Basketball I.Q (Taking quick threes continuously expecting to get a different result to previous attempts), with Fields it's just a lack of talent as he has found himself in exceptionally good shooting positions near the basket and has been allowed up to 2 seconds to shoot yet still decides to brick it. Fields can be useful on defensively, but as long as Douglas is given lots of minutes (and especially as a PG) no one should expect to see anything different on offence to what we have already witnessed.

Against the Wizzards, it should be:

Bibby
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

starting

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm not going to discuss Anthony and Stoudamire at the moment despite being far from pleased with their contribution on both ends of the court. The reason is that -for me- Fields and Douglas have performed far worse to the extent where I feel they contribute more to the appalling display on offence. Regardless of whether or not they are getting screens off anyone, both Fields and Douglas take predominantly free shots and consistently miss. Whereas with Douglas it is mainly a result of his non-existant Basketball I.Q (Taking quick threes continuously expecting to get a different result to previous attempts), with Fields it's just a lack of talent as he has found himself in exceptionally good shooting positions near the basket and has been allowed up to 2 seconds to shoot yet still decides to brick it. Fields can be useful on defensively, but as long as Douglas is given lots of minutes (and especially as a PG) no one should expect to see anything different on offence to what we have already witnessed.

Against the Wizzards, it should be:

Bibby
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

starting

1) its to early to put "rookie" Shump in the starting lineup, to much pressure.
2) Shump & Bibby should be coming off the bench as a duo
3) TD have to learn to work with Fields on offense as well as they do on defense
4) Although Shump & Fields embarrased Detroits backcourt of Knight & Gordon
on both ends of the court, I wont put alot of emphasis on their performance
over bum-coach Frank with a rookie PG-Knight and a lost Ben Gordon.
5) Rookie Shump should be getting familiar to NBA-ball and his teammates by
having the same partner in the backcourt, be it Bibby, Fields, or TD.
6) Mike Dantoni is the worst coach to develope young players into the NBA....
our young players TD, Fields, Shump, Jorts, wouldve never made it off the
bench in college shooting 3-ball shots like they been doing on the Knicks.
This is why Dantoni cant coach in the NCAA....Dantoni type players ha ha ha ha